Parker is a freaking all-star over BD????!!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:44 pm
How the hell did Parker make the all star team and not BD or allen?
Even daron williams has better numbers then parker! :banghead:
"Checklist, ain't nobody next to us
Step to us and get reduced to a speck of dust"..DEL
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:49 pm
It has to do with the team record, because Parker over Davis is straight :bs:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:05 pm
I'm tired of all the analysts and writers factoring in team performance as much as they do. It should be used as a tie-breaker, not as a component. The All-Star game is about the best players from the teams around the league, not a parade of over-performing 3rd options on the elite teams. Parker shouldn't have been selected. Baron was more deserving than him but Melo, suspension and all, should be above both of those guys.

If the writers and analysts want to see all the guys from the best teams why not just have the Suns play the Mavs for the All Star game :roll: That seems to be where it is headed anyway.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:07 pm
WTF does Baron have to do? Total crap...Parker is nowhere near Davis...
This season is not a flop.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:00 pm
The only reason why BD didn't make the reserves because of the Warriors play. They're struggling on the road and the West coaches see that. Baron is the leader, and it his responsibility to keep this team from falling down hill for good.

In other words, inconsistent play and the lack of team effort have D'Antoni and co. choosing Parker over Baron. I don't agree with the choice one bit at all, but unfortunately, that's life...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:18 pm
Doesn't shock me.

The league gives the Warriors ZERO respect (except, of course, when they come to Golden State for a game).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:43 pm
Thunder wrote:I'm tired of all the analysts and writers factoring in team performance as much as they do. It should be used as a tie-breaker, not as a component. The All-Star game is about the best players from the teams around the league, not a parade of over-performing 3rd options on the elite teams. Parker shouldn't have been selected. Baron was more deserving than him but Melo, suspension and all, should be above both of those guys.

If the writers and analysts want to see all the guys from the best teams why not just have the Suns play the Mavs for the All Star game :roll: That seems to be where it is headed anyway.

The snub of Carmelo is near-unprecedented.. they were only going to give one slot to Denver, anyway, and AI got that. Another post I think, hit the nail on the head. Team performance is a factor in BD's case,and the team has been highly inconsistent, and downright woeful on the road. Since BD is the leader, he will get more of the blame. Ray Allen is in the same boat, even though he has been having a superb season. San Antonio has the 3rd best record in the ridiculously tough West. I agree BD is a better player than is Parker, but it is understandable. The Melo thing is another discussion...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:03 am
Noone should be surprised but I thought Deron would be allstar because he has done more than Parker even.

Carmelo not getting picked is a huge surprise and an injustice of sorts because he is the leading scorer in the nba and has been great

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:08 am
migya wrote:Noone should be surprised but I thought Deron would be allstar because he has done more than Parker even.

Carmelo not getting picked is a huge surprise and an injustice of sorts because he is the leading scorer in the nba and has been great

but Eva is a big feature on the all-star promos :mrgreen:

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:23 am
Carmelo and Josh Howard will go instead of Boozer and Yao.

Of course, Parker ain't there for what he does on court. If anything, Deron should have been the pick.

Don't believe for a second that playing for the Spurs played a role in Parker's election. It's just a marketing pick.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:31 am
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:56 am
^ That's what I was talking about... :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:16 am
Thunder wrote:I'm tired of all the analysts and writers factoring in team performance as much as they do. It should be used as a tie-breaker, not as a component. The All-Star game is about the best players from the teams around the league, not a parade of over-performing 3rd options on the elite teams. Parker shouldn't have been selected. Baron was more deserving than him but Melo, suspension and all, should be above both of those guys.

As tiring as it may seem, I'm sure if even Jordan were on a team that lost its games to bottom feeders, that he wouldn't get on the all star team.

As for being the best players, it is part of being a "best player" to get the team together and to win games. That being said, melo being snubbed was just horrifying.

Lastly, the key to getting baron into the all-star game and us into the playoffs is to start winning games. Do you think coaches look at each and every game of each and every player? No, right? That being said, the layman NBA fan watches highlights and vote based on those highlights. Warriors not being part of those highlights and not being on the national stage, less chance of being an all-star..
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:22 am
David Stern and the NBA can suck my dick!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:37 am
breezer_79 wrote:Image
damn tony parker is a lucky fella - now THAT is worth waking up to :D

ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball