Cabbage Disappointing

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:42 pm
First off, I know this is gonna generate a lot of negative feedback from the Sarunas cult that got here with the trade. But I don't care; this just needs to be said:

Am I the only one who thought Sarunas Jasikevicius was gonna... y'know, have any talent?

I mean, I was under the impression that he was a sharp-shooter with decent point guard talent. That 'sharp-shooter' is knocking down a whopping 15% from beyond the arc in a Warrior uni. That's worse than Roberson was. In 6 games, 'Roony's only knocked down 2 triples? Off 13 attempts? That's horrid. He shoots over 2 a night, in 13 minutes, and has a 0.3 3-pointers-made average. As far as I know, 15% is the worst on the team out of anybody who doesn't make their living inside the paint (meaning, Biedrins, Foyle, and Powell). The next worst (Monta Ellis) is over 10% better than Sarunas is.

Jasikevicius' FG% is also down, from a career-39.8% to barely 30.4%. That's a 10% drop, folks. On screen and roll plays. And lay-ups. He's missing 10% more of those.

Oh, and by the way, the free throw's are also down 12%.

I thought this guy was gonna be Baron's first sub off the bench. Now, he looks like trade filler. Any thoughts?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:14 pm
"Give this new lineup time to play together. It hasn't even been 10 games yet. Chill out."

is there a reason why this applies to the team but not to sarunas?

isn't that like jumping gun and saying the trade has been disappointing thus far?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:28 pm
very disappointing. He was great the first game but has stunk up the joint since
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:25 pm
Good topic; however, Cabbage is Baron's backup. As a backup point guard, I don't see what else we can expect of him.

We're all frustrated with the team right now; however, a backup point guard is not going to make a big difference.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:29 pm
uptempo wrote:Good topic; however, Cabbage is Baron's backup. As a backup point guard, I don't see what else we can expect of him.

We're all frustrated with the team right now; however, a backup point guard is not going to make a big difference.

he won't make a difference, but that doesn't change the fact that he's playing bad. When we got him we thought he'd be a good player for a backup, and he hasn't been any better than playing monta at PG
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:39 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
uptempo wrote:Good topic; however, Cabbage is Baron's backup. As a backup point guard, I don't see what else we can expect of him.

he won't make a difference, but that doesn't change the fact that he's playing bad. When we got him we thought he'd be a good player for a backup, and he hasn't been any better than playing monta at PG

Look, Monta is a shooting guard. Monta and Richardson will man that position. Cabbage is Davis's backup. The team needs a rotation that will allow the players to develop in their roles.

I, too, am frustrated with the team; however, before we start pointing fingers at our backup point guard, we need to look at Nelson and his coaching (or lack of) and Mullin.

I'm withholding judgement until after the All Star break.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:51 pm
He's obviously not this bad, and he's obviously in a slump. I'd hold off criticism for a while.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:30 pm
#32 wrote:First off, I know this is gonna generate a lot of negative feedback from the Sarunas cult that got here with the trade. But I don't care; this just needs to be said:

Am I the only one who thought Sarunas Jasikevicius was gonna... y'know, have any talent?

Well, I think the answer lies in the complexity of the Ws half-court offense. He is used to plays and plans, screens, cuts, back-doors, pick-and-rolls and all that.

However, the Ws offense is extremely complex and subtle. It is based on mysterious Eastern religious thought and the lost writings of Carlos Castaneda. The players must undergo a suspension of belief which requires that they purge their minds of all thought to get rid of negative energy.

It is obvious that most of his teammates have been able to eliminate all thought from their minds and that Sarunas is still thinking and that is holding him back.

Right now, when Sarunas has the ball, it is obvious that he is perplexed. He thinks that the players are just standing around in a circle wondering if the strip bar is open. He doesn't know what to do, so he fails like any confused person.

He will learn in time that his team is actually in an exotic mysterious Eastern and Latin alignment designed to let the Positive Power Flow open Power Channels through which they can play without being thwarted by Huge Negative Enemies.

This is hard to explain, but the Ws have learned that their opponents can capture their energy and use it against them. The trick is to be very still and have no plan. In the absence of energy there must be balance, so Positive Power Flow emerges and opens up Power Channels sort of as an award. It is all physics.

Subtle offensive movements can alter the Power Channels. Just shifting one's weight from one foot to the other can change the Power Flow. This is much like the theory that a butterfly in Brazil can flap its little wings and that has an effect on what happens thousands of miles away.

If you are interested in pursuing this, play Juraisci Park again. A crazy scientist explains this just before he is eaten by T.Rex.

Anyway, these shifts sometimes allow players to successfull drive the lane. That is because the Power Channels will open for an instant for those that Believe.

We have heard about monks who, through faith and meditation, can shoot arrows while blindfolded. Film may indicate that the arrows never hit the target, but the monks know that is only a product of the false objective world and that in the True Dimension the arrows are unerring.

This is how the Ws shoot now. We are told they are five of forty, or some such stat, but that is in the material world. As Believers of the Highest Order, they know that their shots will be true no matter how far away or how closely guarded they are.

Sarunas will soon be able to purge all thought from his mind, learn where the Power Channels are so he can successfully drive against an entire team of Huge Negative Enemies and will find that no shot is a bad shot.

When these lessons are learned, he will be as successful at basketball skills as his teammates.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:31 pm
Yeah Sarunas should be shooting much better, from what ive seen of him he has one of the best shots from outside in the world, although hasnt really been showing that in the NBA, and in the last few games, hasnt even looked like a decent shooter. Hopefully he will regain his touch from outside and give us some solid points off the bench.

Hopefully he starts to play more like this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmjJ8nWP_aY

One of the most memorable individual performances ive ever seen.
NICE WORK MULLY!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:03 pm
I thought he was going to flourish well under Nellie. I thought he'd be exactly what we were all looking for in a backup for Baron. He's struggled since the trade. I don't know if he has the offense in his head yet or what, but I know this kid will probably not be in a Warrior uni come next season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:20 pm
aletha33 wrote:"Give this new lineup time to play together. It hasn't even been 10 games yet. Chill out."

is there a reason why this applies to the team but not to sarunas?

isn't that like jumping gun and saying the trade has been disappointing thus far?

Nope. Al and Jackson have been performing well; just inconsistently. That tells me that the trade was good... but they need time to adjust and ease into the lineup. Once they're adjusted, their play will be less spotty. Hell, even Powell's had a couple good games, by now.

Sarunas is just plain BAD. I haven't seen him shine ONCE since the trade.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 pm
carlgo wrote:
#32 wrote:First off, I know this is gonna generate a lot of negative feedback from the Sarunas cult that got here with the trade. But I don't care; this just needs to be said:

Well, I think the answer lies in the complexity of the Ws half-court offense. He is used to plays and plans, screens, cuts, back-doors, pick-and-rolls and all that.

However, the Ws offense is extremely complex and subtle. It is based on mysterious Eastern religious thought and the lost writings of Carlos Castaneda. The players must undergo a suspension of belief which requires that they purge their minds of all thought to get rid of negative energy.

It is obvious that most of his teammates have been able to eliminate all thought from their minds and that Sarunas is still thinking and that is holding him back.

Right now, when Sarunas has the ball, it is obvious that he is perplexed. He thinks that the players are just standing around in a circle wondering if the strip bar is open. He doesn't know what to do, so he fails like any confused person.

He will learn in time that his team is actually in an exotic mysterious Eastern and Latin alignment designed to let the Positive Power Flow open Power Channels through which they can play without being thwarted by Huge Negative Enemies.

This is hard to explain, but the Ws have learned that their opponents can capture their energy and use it against them. The trick is to be very still and have no plan. In the absence of energy there must be balance, so Positive Power Flow emerges and opens up Power Channels sort of as an award. It is all physics.

Subtle offensive movements can alter the Power Channels. Just shifting one's weight from one foot to the other can change the Power Flow. This is much like the theory that a butterfly in Brazil can flap its little wings and that has an effect on what happens thousands of miles away.

If you are interested in pursuing this, play Juraisci Park again. A crazy scientist explains this just before he is eaten by T.Rex.

Anyway, these shifts sometimes allow players to successfull drive the lane. That is because the Power Channels will open for an instant for those that Believe.

We have heard about monks who, through faith and meditation, can shoot arrows while blindfolded. Film may indicate that the arrows never hit the target, but the monks know that is only a product of the false objective world and that in the True Dimension the arrows are unerring.

This is how the Ws shoot now. We are told they are five of forty, or some such stat, but that is in the material world. As Believers of the Highest Order, they know that their shots will be true no matter how far away or how closely guarded they are.

Sarunas will soon be able to purge all thought from his mind, learn where the Power Channels are so he can successfully drive against an entire team of Huge Negative Enemies and will find that no shot is a bad shot.

When these lessons are learned, he will be as successful at basketball skills as his teammates.

What are you on man... 8-[
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:55 am
John Patrick wrote:
carlgo wrote:

What are you on man... 8-[

:dontknow: Pawno's ganja? :mrgreen:

About Saras... he played well against the Cavs, but he's been terrible since then. Seems a bit slow for our kind of bball, and we all knew he was going to suck on defense... but his shooting has been way off target. I hope is just a bad streak, because if his shots ain't falling, he's pretty useless.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:29 am
I'm really sick of depicting the Warriors right now. I have nothing to say.

Just thought I should say that.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:58 am
Josh Jamison wrote:I'm really sick of depicting the Warriors right now. I have nothing to say.

Just thought I should say that.

Well said!!! :thumbup:

:mrgreen:
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball