BD rips own team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:07 pm
TMC wrote:
tkono wrote:I remember when we upset San Antonio in the 1st round. Boy was that memorable.

Tell me about it. Those games against the Spurs made me a W's fan. I can't forget Tom Tolbert playing point forward against David Robinson, Hardaway's threes, the Run TMC... God, I miss those times.

:shock: Quick, somebody call KNBR and tell Tolbert somebody misses him. That would make his friggin year. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:09 pm
TMC wrote:Everybody knows how I feel about talking like this to the media, and I'm not going to make an exception with Baron. I don't like it a bit. That's the sort of things that shouldn't come out of the locker room.

With that said, he's completely right in his remarks... He's trying to motivate the team and make them react before it's too late.

Hope it doesn't backfire. At least, it makes tonight's game even more interesting.

I agree, these things shouldn't come out of the locker room. If anything, he should've just kept it to himself or give a lil motivation speech during the postgame in the locker room. Things like this can hurt a team.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:30 pm
Haven’t seen the game yet, but getting ready to (DVR). I’m very disappointed, but no reason to give up on the season yet. I agree with Uptempo and others about getting rid of the zone, and it shows by us getting murdered on boards at 48 to 31 (48 to 35 last night) and along with the easy baskets Baron alluded to (when lanes get too wide). I think it hinders our fast break game and does not give us enough opportunity to put pressure on them, hence these high points being given up. 124 to the Cavs (no LBJ) and now to the lowly Hawks (115). I love Nelly, but a change of strategy is needed—especially since we’re much more athletic now.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:04 am
:banghead: I had to join this message board tonight to vent on my frustration with the Warriors...Does anyone just realize the 'road' warriors just lost back to back games by 20+ points??? The first was without mighty Lebron and the second blowout loss was to the 2nd worst team in the East? Besides the fact that the Hawks shot pretty well from the field (70 first half points) thanks to in part by Don Nelson's defensive schemes = nothing. I think the Warriors should try setting offensive plays rather than running down the court for fast breaks and frantic shots from the perimeter. Stay in control and move your feet on defense!!!

Honestly after the trade for Harrington and Jackson I was just imagining the road to the playoffs would be closer to reality than a dream...but that has not proven to be the case. I realize that together they have only played 6 games, but c'mon the warriors are not getting any better here. I commend Baron raising his voice at the team (someone's gotta do it since Nelson is sitting back in his chair thinking about what ugly polo to wear with his sport coat). If we continue to lose these next 4 road games, all against beatable opponents, i will be sure strangle myself. After telling myself 'Don't ever give up' there comes to a point where enough is enough....i am almost at that point considering I was a 12 years old boy during the last warriors playoff appearance. HELP!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:57 am
migya wrote:This was not as bad as Nelson's rants to say the least!

You know, I'd rather see Nellie ranting than Baron... He's the one in charge of the team, while Baron is part of the team. Big difference. For chemistry reasons, is better when the coach calls out the players instead of having to do it themselves.

#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
tkono wrote:I remember when we upset San Antonio in the 1st round. Boy was that memorable.

Tell me about it. Those games against the Spurs made me a W's fan. I can't forget Tom Tolbert playing point forward against David Robinson, Hardaway's threes, the Run TMC... God, I miss those times.

:shock: Quick, somebody call KNBR and tell Tolbert somebody misses him. That would make his friggin year. :wink:

Yeah, I kinda miss him... although I'm not sure I miss him as a player. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:36 pm
call in to razor and mr t. and show them this forum thread hehe
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:37 pm
It'd be funny as hell if, somehow, we got Tolbert to be a regular member on this board. Probably not impossible, either. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball