Game Thread: Warriors @ Atlanta Hawks 2007-01-31

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors handle the Hawks on a back-to-back night?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:16 pm

YES
89%
NO
11%

Total votes : 9

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:27 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:Bye bye season. See you again next year, I guess. This is the most abusive relationship I've ever been in. So much promise every time, and always the same result. This team is worse than it was before the trade! How is that possible? This is the worst defense I've ever seen. Great job calling everyone out, Baron. It really helped! Playoff chances at this point: -12% (carries over to next season)

Can't say I blame you. This team is just terrible on defense. Two consecutive blow outs, by the Lebron-less Cavs and the Hawks... We allow 70 first half points to the Hawks...

I still have hope. But that's all I have, hope. If you really think about it, there's no way this team can compete for a playoff spot playing like this on the road.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:But hey, look at the bright side, at least we're not doing as bad as Boston. 13 straight losses! Horrible home losing streak! Woohoo, go Celts!

Yeah... but the Celts may get Oden or Durant next year for sucking so bad...
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:58 am
senseiman wrote:bring back Brian Cardinal......

Yeah definately, Cardinal was by far my least favourite departure.

He and boykins were great team oriented players and i was devastated when they left.
NICE WORK MULLY!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:31 am
Just when you thought it could not get worse after Tuesday's nights debacle in Cleveland it does last night against the Hawks.

Where was the defense? No one played any. No one can keep a player in front of himself and no one plays help defense. That is basic stuff.

The rebounding was attrocious. Where has Beidrins been? Yeah, I know he is tired and all that crap, but he has been non-existent of late and the Warriors are not rebounding and give up way too many second chance points.

The telling stat of the night, the Warriors shoot 58% in the first half to the Hawks 53% and yet they trailed by 14. How is that? I can tell you, second chance points, turnovers and quite simply no defensive effort on the Warriors part.

This team is toast this season. No chance on the playoffs. We can't worry about the other teams gunning for the 8th spot if the Warriors themselves can't win a game. I will be shocked if they win one of their next four road games.

The first quarter was good with nice passing, lots of assists and a decent (I use that term loosely) effort on defense. However, the second quarter the passing stopped and defending was even worse in than the first quarter and unfortunately, that trend carried over the rest of the game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:12 am
ChicagoTom wrote:I will be shocked if they win one of their next four road games.

I won't. I'm betting they beat the Pacers... but everything else is a toss-up. Something tells me Jackson and Harrington are gonna go off... and I doubt a big game from Murphy will save Indy.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:26 pm
I;m now going to root for the opposing team. Maybe if I root for them then the Warriors will win...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:54 pm
d1mex wrote:I;m now going to root for the opposing team. Maybe if I root for them then the Warriors will win...

I tried that one game. And they only lost by 1. It was against the Spurs back when Baron first arrived here.

In other words, cheering for the opposing team is just as discouraging than booing the Warriors.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:48 am
TMC wrote:
baytobrooklyn wrote:Bye bye season. See you again next year, I guess. This is the most abusive relationship I've ever been in. So much promise every time, and always the same result. This team is worse than it was before the trade! How is that possible? This is the worst defense I've ever seen. Great job calling everyone out, Baron. It really helped! Playoff chances at this point: -12% (carries over to next season)

Can't say I blame you. This team is just terrible on defense. Two consecutive blow outs, by the Lebron-less Cavs and the Hawks... We allow 70 first half points to the Hawks...

I still have hope. But that's all I have, hope. If you really think about it, there's no way this team can compete for a playoff spot playing like this on the road.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:But hey, look at the bright side, at least we're not doing as bad as Boston. 13 straight losses! Horrible home losing streak! Woohoo, go Celts!

Yeah... but the Celts may get Oden or Durant next year for sucking so bad...

yeah, we'll get another 9th or 10th at this point...I have faith, but it's kind of the Unitarian variety right now...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Game Threads