What an embarassment...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:26 pm
No lebron and the W's get spanked!!??? WTF? What a sorry way to kick off the trip...
This season is not a flop.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:29 pm
When a team plays no defense, it has very little chance to win.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:22 pm
uptempo wrote:When a team plays no defense, it has very little chance to win.

Don't forget zero rebounding...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:59 am
John Patrick wrote:
uptempo wrote:When a team plays no defense, it has very little chance to win.

Don't forget zero rebounding...

exactly...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:31 am
What I don't understand is why some nobody off the bench from every opposing team goes off on us. I have many examples, but don't want to share them, cuz it's sad.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:47 am
Josh Jamison wrote:What I don't understand is why some nobody off the bench from every opposing team goes off on us. I have many examples, but don't want to share them, cuz it's sad.

That's not hard... it's our defense. Also, it may be a factor of trying to put all our efforts on a star and zero on the nobody.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:59 am
John Patrick wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:What I don't understand is why some nobody off the bench from every opposing team goes off on us. I have many examples, but don't want to share them, cuz it's sad.

That's not hard... it's our defense. Also, it may be a factor of trying to put all our efforts on a star and zero on the nobody.

yeah, it may not always be true, but last night it would be hard to imagine a team playing worse defense than the Ws did. Marshall alone got about 5 uncontested backdoor plays.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:09 pm
Tonight was yet another horrible showing! This has got to changed or win loss record at the end of season will never change

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:47 pm
Well we got exactly what we were asking for. We are losing with a whole different cast of characters. Harrington talks a good game, but he is soft. Jackson is a volume shooter and not very athleitc. Although he's a smart player. Pietrus and Monta still got a long ways to go to be complete NBA players. Barnes is athletic but he uses it all on offense.

I think the Warriors have enough good players but the problem appears to be in the coaching. Remember Nelly still hasn't won anything. All those career wins and very few division titles and no championship. How long is going to be before Nelly quits on the Warrios, again?

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:09 pm
The Warriors are a franchise that has yet to build on a firm foundation. Through bad luck and awful trades we have yet to land a franchise player since dumping Webber to Washington. We gave up on three decent starters (Dampier, Arenas, Jamison) for unathletic stiffs (Dunleavy and Murphy) and uncoachable three point jackers (Jax, Harrington) that don't rebound or defend the perimeter. We may get lucky and land Ogden, but with our luck he might turn out to be a stiff. My inclination, is to let Pietrus walk, trade away Bdiddy and company, hire the zen master apprentice Rambis as the head coach after the Nellie experiment fails and build a team around defense, rebounding, veteran players and late round draft picks. How hard is it to coach a team to shoot 1-15 from the three point line? Let's look at Nellie track record post-Webber, he destroyed the GS franchise, benched Dampier, and tanked the careers of Foyle, Diogu, Taft and O'Bryant. Is it coincidence that Indy took off and we started our annual tank job after the blockbuster trade ... or will Warriors fans realize that by dumping whipping boy Dunleavy, we went from an inconsistent and mediocre team to a team that can't score in the post, can't pass, can't defend the perimeter, can't rebound and still has the genius to shoots 3 for 35 three point shots. Our new and improved defense has allowed the mighty Cavs and Hawks to shoot 23-49 for three pointers.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:12 pm
I don't mean to bash on you loyalty, but c'mon. Don't become one of those board members that posts new threads because of the Warriors performance. This is exactly what 32 was saying. We're all frustrated with the play, but we shouldn't be starting new threads over how bad the Warriors get spanked. We don't want to hear or see people rant or complain on that stuff. We saw the game, we heard the game. That's all that should be said and done about it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:33 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I don't mean to bash on you loyalty, but c'mon. Don't become one of those board members that posts new threads because of the Warriors performance.

Become?

You don't think he does that already...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:31 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I don't mean to bash on you loyalty, but c'mon. Don't become one of those board members that posts new threads because of the Warriors performance. This is exactly what 32 was saying. We're all frustrated with the play, but we shouldn't be starting new threads over how bad the Warriors get spanked. We don't want to hear or see people rant or complain on that stuff. We saw the game, we heard the game. That's all that should be said and done about it.
I guess we shouldn't post threads lauding them when they play well either I suppose? I am sorry, but I am under the impression that a team message board is a place to discuss displeasure, elation, or anything pertaining to the team, its performance, and/or direction...

I personally think last night's and tonight's games warrant special attention because of the nature of the losses.

I cant think of a more appropriate way to discuss the state of the team on, during, or after any given game, week, or month.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:36 pm
dareedle wrote:, benched Dampier, and tanked the careers of Foyle, Is it coincidence that Indy took off and we started our annual tank job after the blockbuster trade ... or will Warriors fans realize that by dumping whipping boy Dunleavy, we went from an inconsistent and mediocre team to a team that can't score in the post, can't pass, can't defend the perimeter, can't rebound and still has the genius to shoots 3 for 35 three point shots.

I am sorry, but any good points you had were rendered completely moot by the above statements...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:14 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I don't mean to bash on you loyalty, but c'mon. Don't become one of those board members that posts new threads because of the Warriors performance. This is exactly what 32 was saying. We're all frustrated with the play, but we shouldn't be starting new threads over how bad the Warriors get spanked. We don't want to hear or see people rant or complain on that stuff. We saw the game, we heard the game. That's all that should be said and done about it.

I got to disagree with your opinion on dumping on the Warriors when they are doing bad. Dumping is healthy, it relieves stress. It enables you to go on with life. Just because a fan dumps on the Warriors does not mean that they aren't loyal. just by taking the time to write about it proves loyalty. It shows that he really cares. It's not OK that the Warriors are losing worse than ever. It's not OK that Nelly is running this team into the ground, AGAIN :evil: .

Nelly sounds like he has given up. He will not be here next year. I wonder who will coach the Warriors next. But I disagree that Nelly ruined the careers of Dampier, Foyle, POB, etc. Most of those guys were stiffs when Nelly got them. Not Nelly's fault.
Last edited by The Coooach on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball