BD rips own team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:18 pm
As a result to the horrible looking loss to the Cavs, BD ripped his own team.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... NS3E91.DTL

Kinda sounds reminiscent of the Jim Mora (Sr.) speech after a game. We see how the warriors respond to this. If they go on to have a losing road trip, we know where we are headed at the end of the season...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:21 pm
cant say I blame him....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:25 pm
Everybody knows how I feel about talking like this to the media, and I'm not going to make an exception with Baron. I don't like it a bit. That's the sort of things that shouldn't come out of the locker room.

With that said, he's completely right in his remarks... He's trying to motivate the team and make them react before it's too late.

Hope it doesn't backfire. At least, it makes tonight's game even more interesting.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:27 pm
I like reading that kind of stuff after a game like last night's from a player like Baron. As the article said, he did not sugarcoat it with any cliches or he did not have any excuses.

I think words like that will motivate the team and get them in gear for tonight's game. I expect a different Warriors team tonight than the one we saw last night.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:45 pm
Baron Davis wrote:"We've got the worst road record of any team in the NBA, so who are we fooling, man? Who are we fooling? How are we going to be a playoff team (when) we can't win on the road?

"We're fooling ourselves."

People have got to get serious about winning, that's all. We've got some guys that don't know how to prepare for games and it shows in their play.

"I mean, it's shocking that we get beat like that and LeBron is out. We talked about it this morning and before the game that they were going to come out and play with a lot of hustle and passion.

"It's like it's falling on deaf ears."

He's totally right. This team can't be a playoff team if it can't win on the road. But I also agree with Harrington: this isn't the same team.

If the Warriors come out of this trip with a winning record (4-2), they're playoff bound. No doubt. But if not? It'll be a rocky end of the season...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:57 pm
What I have come to know and "love" about this team the past 13 years out of the playoffs is the total uncertainty of winning a winnable game. This road trip is bluntly hammering home that point.

However, even if they turn it around and make it 4-2, there is no certainty that they will make the playoffs. It won't even erase some of that doubt. If they make this a 4-2 road trip, there isn't a thing saying that they could puke the next 6 road games or the next 4 home games against winnable opponents....

The warriors never gave me any type of winning consistency in those 13 years out of the playoffs and i'd really like to see something soon. I totally agree with baron ripping his team. I really want to see how the team responds to this and hopefully it will motivate them. Its baron trying to be the leader in the absence of richardson and it is commendable. Dunno if it should've been out in the open, but i understand where he is coming from...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:02 pm
So it's been 13 years since you've seen consistency, huh...?

Who was the coach 13 years ago? :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:12 pm
hehe. 13 years since we've made the playoffs. even before that, we've had spotty appearances in playoffs, but at least we were there. Injuries to hardaway and/or mullin usually killed our season...

I remember when we upset San Antonio in the 1st round. Boy was that memorable.

lets rephrase what you said. Which owner was in charge for the past 13 years...
-John Madden

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:34 pm
I'm not usually a fan of this sort of thing, but the Warriors need some friggin' attitude right now. I hope this stirs the muck. I mean, losing by almost 30 to a decent team without their best player is, well, embarrassing.

Plus, remember the teams BD was on before. Since college he's been labeled as a headcase, a guy with no proven track record, etc. and he's out there killing himself to shed that label. Let's hope they come out with fire tonight. They're playing the goddamned Hawks, after all.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:08 pm
tkono wrote:I remember when we upset San Antonio in the 1st round. Boy was that memorable.

Tell me about it. Those games against the Spurs made me a W's fan. I can't forget Tom Tolbert playing point forward against David Robinson, Hardaway's threes, the Run TMC... God, I miss those times.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:46 pm
TMC wrote:
tkono wrote:I remember when we upset San Antonio in the 1st round. Boy was that memorable.

Tell me about it. Those games against the Spurs made me a W's fan. I can't forget Tom Tolbert playing point forward against David Robinson, Hardaway's threes, the Run TMC... God, I miss those times.

you all remember when sarunas dunked over someone...i can't remember which spur player it was...but he straight turned sideways, leaned in, and ripped it with his left hand...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:33 pm
So is the debacle against the hawks gonna wake us up? i give BD full permission to call out his team again.

call out the REAL warriors.
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:49 pm
It's time for Nellie to get... personal.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:57 pm
John Patrick wrote:It's time for Nellie to get... personal.

Starting with looking at the mirror and asking himself why he is having his team play zone defense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:15 pm
TMC wrote:Everybody knows how I feel about talking like this to the media, and I'm not going to make an exception with Baron. I don't like it a bit. That's the sort of things that shouldn't come out of the locker room.

With that said, he's completely right in his remarks... He's trying to motivate the team and make them react before it's too late.

Hope it doesn't backfire. At least, it makes tonight's game even more interesting.

This was not as bad as Nelson's rants to say the least! This team is looking worse as the season goes on and it will be harder to come back if this continues for another couple of weeks

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball