A new power forward?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:05 am
uptempo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think he is head and shoulders over Murphy, and Dunleavy is not even in the argument. I just hought he was a more physical guy. We still need that physical guy. Powell may be it. i really enjoy this team much more than i have any Warrior team in the last 10 years. :)

Other than Terry Cummings, when has a "physical" player thrived playing for Nelson?

Quicker, face-the-basket players are whom do well playing for Nelson.

These types (Nelson-coached) of teams are oftentimes entertaining to watch; however, they are not going to win an NBA championship. Vis-a-vis, compared to what we have been accustomed to here the past 12 years, a Nelson coached team may be our best option. I would have rather seen Cohan step in, axe Mullin, bring in a Vandeweghe or a Donnie Nelson, and have that GM build a roster that can win a championship and hire a coach that gets his team to rebound and play defense. Cuban had to do this in Dallas by pushing out Nelson and moving up Avery Johnson.

Powell will do well with this team, as will Harrington, Jackson, and Cabbage. As much as we all loved Ike, he, Ike, had no chance to excel on a Nelson coached team. Powell/Harrington are much better suited than Ike to do well with this team.

Yes, the Cavs loss yesterday evening was disappointing; however, the team is still learning to play as a unit. We should reserve judgement until sometime soon after the All Star break. Athletically, this team can match up and beat the run and gun teams (Denver, Phoenix) in the West, but still will have trouble with the teams that play inside (Utah, Houston, San Antonio).

I concur. Very well said. :D
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball