Game Thread: Warriors @ Cleveland Cavaliers 2007-01-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors beat the Cavaliers with Davis in the lineup?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:28 pm

88%
YES
14
13%
NO
2

Total votes: 16


All Star
Posts: 1216
» Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:49 pm
yay.. and the warriors puke away another road game....

Lets go 0-X on the road trip to finish this properly... If we can't win on the road, we won't get to the playoffs. All the talent in the world won't help us if we can't put together a good win streak.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13746
» Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:50 pm
He's making it up.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 384
» Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:00 pm
This was to be expected. The Cavs have a better win probability without LeBron James (7-2 before the game, 8-2 after)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:03 pm
Oh, I thought he used some historical % bullcrap like they do on FSN.

Anyways, thoughts:

-The two things that lost this game were rebounding and threes. Turnovers in second. I think there were a ton of rebounds that we could have gotten and SHOULD have gotten but either slipped or a Cav got it. I looked it up on nba.com, we got outrebounded 48-35. Ouch.

Threes. I don't think we were jacking up threes uncontrollably, but we didn't make 'em. And it was embarrassing. 2-20 from the 3. Again, ouch.

Turnovers. Embarrassing period. This game sucked.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:04 pm
Be rid of those blinding orange uni's! They have played horrible this year when wearing them.

Anyway, it was tough watching this game. What's up with SJax? Can't make layups? And Harrington had a couple missed ones himself that were gifts. I was screaming on my couch for the Dubz to take it to the hole! I was tired of the airballs/missed three's. It was just horrific. What really pissed me off was that everytime in the 1st half when Pavlovic drived to the whole, the refs would always call a foul. I had a hard time on some of those calls like the Powell one!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:02 pm
just a perfect storm of bad play - only W who played well was Biedrins. One of those nights. Possibly the worst loss of the year. How do you give up 124 points to the Lebronless Cavaliers. This game, they did indeed look like the worst defensive team in the league. Write it off and move on. I still think they go 3-3 on the trip.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 737
» Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:43 pm
i myself am getting tired of the different line-up card -nellie's playing everynight. i remember barnett saying he was against it.. so am i. the team that killed the bobcats should start at least until j-rich gets back..

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:33 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Be rid of those blinding orange uni's! They have played horrible this year when wearing them.


I hate those uni's. Friggin awful.

John Patrick wrote:Oh, I thought he used some historical % bullcrap like they do on FSN.

Anyways, thoughts:

-The two things that lost this game were rebounding and threes. Turnovers in second. I think there were a ton of rebounds that we could have gotten and SHOULD have gotten but either slipped or a Cav got it. I looked it up on nba.com, we got outrebounded 48-35. Ouch.

Threes. I don't think we were jacking up threes uncontrollably, but we didn't make 'em. And it was embarrassing. 2-20 from the 3. Again, ouch.

Turnovers. Embarrassing period. This game sucked.


Gee, seems like I was lucky I missed the game. I think I'll pass on the torrent this time. Sounds terrible.

Shouldn't be really surprsing, as we have been the worst NBA team on the road this season (or second worst, I'm not sure now), but the Cavs were without Lebron... At least, it should have been closer.

Role Player
Posts: 284
» Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:15 am
Brutal loss last night in Cleveland. From the middle of the first quarter on the Warriors looked lost and out of it. I am not sure what to attribute the sluggish start to, but Nellie needs to sort it out and make sure the team os ready to play from the first minute on.

Observations:

1. The main problem I saw with the Warriors last night was shot selection and selfish play. On Saturday night against the Bobcats you saw the Warriors making the extra pass to find the open man. Last night, whomever had the ball was trying to isolate, back their man to the basket and force up a shot. Baron, Al, and Jackson were all guilty of this offense more than one occasion. I can handle Baron doing it from time to time, but Jackson and Al do it all the time and neither of them ever, ever passes the ball out of the block. Thus, if these three players are not hitting as was the case last night, they can shoot the Warriors right out of a game.

2. The Warriors played with no energy, hustle or with a sense of urgency. I am not sure if the team realizes how important this stretch of road games are. They could very well determine if the team makes the playoffs. Judging by last night's rubbish performance, the players seem disinterested and lacking energy. The Cavaliers got to every loose ball and got a number of second chance opportunities from Warrior mistakes reboudning and boxing out. The Warriors have a good team, but NO NBA team is good enough to just show up and win. It seemed the Warriors were thinking that last night and it backfired in a major way.

3. The Warriors were 2-20 from three-point land. That is bad and not going to help any team win. However, the Warriors had a few chances to get within ten late in the third quarter and could not capitalize. The shooting was woeful, but as I said in point #1, the shot selection was terrible as well which contributed to the low percentage made.

4. Where was the defense? I have seen a number of times this season players from the opposing team get by their initial defender and no one on the Warriors steps up to stop the ball and play helpside defense. It is frustrating to watch as a fan, because helpside defense is something you learn in grammar school basketball or at least high school basketball and the Warriors just let opponents blow by them for easy scores. Nellie should not be allowing that to happen. It is killing this team and it will continue to this season and next until changes are made to correct it.

Overall it was an absolutely horrible performance. The only game comparable was the Rockets game in Houston earlier this season. The Warriors better shake this one off in a hurry or the athletic Hawks will work them tonight in Atlanta. I just hope we do not see a repeat tonight for the Warriors.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:29 am
My obersvation:

We sucked! PERIOD... For those who saw the game, they know why. For those who didn't just imagine us sucking at the very bottom... We played down to our opponents level, and the Cavs played inspired.

No need to continue this thread, game over, MOVE ON!!!!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:08 am
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Be rid of those blinding orange uni's! They have played horrible this year when wearing them.


I hate those uni's. Friggin awful.


If the Warriors played well they could break out the highway-cleanup crew uni's and I wouldn't bat an eye. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:32 am
John Patrick wrote:
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Be rid of those blinding orange uni's! They have played horrible this year when wearing them.


I hate those uni's. Friggin awful.


If the Warriors played well they could break out the highway-cleanup crew uni's and I wouldn't bat an eye. :mrgreen:


Yeah....

well, on second thought, no. I'd still b*tch and moan about the uni's. Those highway-cleanup crew uni's are what we're wearing right now...

Image

Image

See?, the same god-awful uni's!!!!! :banghead:

:mrgreen:

Role Player
Posts: 344
» Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:51 am
P-p-pathetic! Losing to the lebronless cavs is unacceptable! Do we really suck that bad on the road? I find it hard to believe there is that huge of a difference between home and road. And i thought this was supposed to be an energized team after the trade... Starting to lose hope for this season. This team really needs to start stringing some wins together.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13746
» Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:25 pm
CouldItBTheChad wrote:i myself am getting tired of the different line-up card -nellie's playing everynight. i remember barnett saying he was against it.. so am i. the team that killed the bobcats should start at least until j-rich gets back..

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Biedrins had a tooth ache. That's why he didn't start. Other than that, your usual lineup was out there.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1357
» Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 pm
coltraning wrote:just a perfect storm of bad play - only W who played well was Biedrins. One of those nights. Possibly the worst loss of the year. How do you give up 124 points to the Lebronless Cavaliers. This game, they did indeed look like the worst defensive team in the league. Write it off and move on. I still think they go 3-3 on the trip.


I was going to say Baron was the only warrior that played well. Off from 3pt land but so was everyone else. I guess Biedrins actually put in a good performance but it was mostly over by the time he got started, what with the 3 early fouls and all.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest