Baron & Kidd

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:14 am
This is getting funnier with each post. Keep going (without going against the rules, of course) :thumbleft:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:46 am
Squalldip wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
Squalldip wrote:so what your saying, is trade for our best player of last year who sadly is hurt, because he would be flourishing in this system, and trade him for a BACKUP bigman to play 15-20 mins....

oh no squid, i wouldn't make such a dumb statement...that my son, is coming directly from you.

Squalldip wrote:you have also not even noted a "Interior Presence" that the Warriors would trade J-Rich for, because J has lots of $$$$ coming to him, so are you goin to trade for a high-price back up a la Nazr Mohammod?

if you read all my entries on this MB - which obviously you haven't - I have mentioned our need for an interior presence numerous times. and what's your oral fixation with back-ups?

Squalldip wrote:Let us not forget, Adonal Foyle, who is merely a defensive precense AT BEST, he blocks shots, he hustles, and when he scores it brings the crowd to their feet.

first of all, please let's do the spelling thing right ya squid?...P-R-E-S-E-N-C-E...i can understand possibly a typo of some kind. but it looks like you may have a minor case of dyslexia? you know you can get help...LOL.

your legitimacy, shaky to begin with, is starting to crumble...

Squalldip wrote:Josh Powell has also IMPRESSED Nelson and others alike, he may be fairly undersized for a 5 but the guy uses his body and has seemingly picked up Nelson's system RATHER QUICKLY.

about the only sensible thing you've written thus far...

Squalldip wrote:Not to mention, POB, thats Patrick O'Bryant since you were probably going through your NBA Live 07 on ps1 trying to figure out which player that was. Yes, hes in the NBDL, yes hes disappointed, and yes he has shown 2 flashes of what he can do, but he's still a Warrior and the Warriors HAVE TIME TO LET HIM PROGRESS.

oh ya, POB will eventually be the man for us...a man who can't even play mediocre ball in the NBDL...haha, can't wait what you're going to say next!

Squalldip wrote:Just like they have time to let J-Rich heal and play like his All-Star self of last year, if you need to remember how good he really was watch the Warriors' commercial where against Dallas J-Rich drives the length of the floor, 360s then shoots a 3 to win the game, he was the single reason the Warriors were BREATHING last year if you're goin to throw away a player like that, then you play way too much NBA Live because that kind of trade is sheer, idiotic.

now a history lesson huh pops? who's arguing about what jrich has done? i think you think i think we should consider trading him b/c because of his inconsistent play this year... not really ma'm... the man can play despite the holes in his games and he'll bring us an upgrade, if the price is right...

Squalldip wrote:You sir have only showed us that you are mediocre at name calling. And insufficent at understanding what a message board is all about, if you would like to wave your finger and call your fellow Warrior Fans "stupid" and "dumbass" i suggest you click on Imdb.com and talk **** with your fellow 3rd graders about LOTR and how life was better during those times.

well, you know, when you make a mockery of an opinion or assumed i meant something that wasn't actually said, as mr coltrain did, you should, son, expect to draw my ire...or at least some name calling... one form of disrespect deserves another...

Squalldip wrote:Good day. :wink:

but overall squid, this was pretty sad! is this your attempt at a diatribe meant to embarass? :shock:

gotta do better than that...[/b]

so again...

you still havent said anything...

1. who do you want to trade jrich for

2. where this interior preCenSe (tihs msut b ur furst trip 2 da intranet bcuz if u notcie no matttta hwo its spellllled u know wtf im talkin about) will be playin in the STARTING LINEUP

3. why in the world i would care about your other posts

4. why i would even go look for your posts

5. and how "the interior presence" will affect the playin time of other players

6. also relating back to the trade that you said you would make for j-rich leaving, who are you goin to trade 1 for 1 or what other players are you goin to toss into this trade, show me what your GM hat is made of.

S-Q-U-A-L-L-D-I-P

smarty spelling pants

oh no squid, i got it right...that's a sign of respect to refer to you by your name, whatever the f*ck a squalldip is...

wtf is a squalldip? what a retarded name.

but ya, SQUID, no can do with the respect...

and im sorry you wasted all this time typing w/e it is you just typed...wont even bother reading it since again, that shows someone a form of resepct.
but i did see your reference to the spelling of w/e the hell a squalldip is...

and smarty spelling pants??? you sound like a fricken grandpa...

what do you top out at ...60? 70?

maaaaan, fuunny **** gramps.

but hey, foyle and powell did a heeeell of a job last night!!!! those are your boys right??? way to contain zydrunas!!!

foyle 1 rebound, powell 2!!!

we don't need to trade!! we looove the makeup of the team as is!!

let's keep getting beat by the zydrunas' and varajao's and turiaf's and gooden's and mikki moore's and stromile swift's of the league...

YES, if I were building a team, SQUID, you'd be my GM!

gramps, go convalesce or something... basketball talk is for the younger generations of the world...

:roll:

but hey this was fun
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:10 am
:roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:36 pm
:agrue:

I dunno how to judge this.

aletha keeps taking squalldip apart in the insult category... but he's refusing to answer the legit questions being posed to him, so I can't give him any points for countering an argument.

So far, it looks like a dead-tie to me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:40 pm
#32 wrote::agrue:

aletha keeps taking squalldip apart in the insult category... but he's refusing to answer the legit questions being posed to him, so I can't give him any points for countering an argument.

ok ok...I'll answer the questions:

1) who do I want to trade jrich for - well, someone who can address our rebounding problem. here, i'm not stating anything special or what everyone doesn't already know. andris ain't doing the job. neither is harrington. someone who, when the offense decides to penetrate, knows this dude is lurking in the key ready to swat the sh*t outta someone or rough up a bit.

2) where will this player be playing in the starting lineup? that shits easy to answer... bring biendris off the bench. let's face it, andris's play has fallen off. early in the season, he took EVERYONE by surprise. now game plans have negated his effectiveness...plus he needs to hit the fricken weight room.

3) why would SQUID care about my other posts? this is me looking out for the old man, so he wouldn't say things that are based purely on implications...and to keep him from sounding stupid. but, that failed.

4) why would SQUID even go look for my posts? see 3.

5) how the interior precense (that's squid's path to ebonics spelling) will affect playing time for others? f*ck the "others"... you rebound, you produce, you play. get someone in here that can be a factor night in and night out...i'm tired of waiting...i'm tired of this losing...and losing b/c we're soft. sickening. i swear if i see another mediocre big man hurt us like those i listed... :banghead: screw player development...screw POB...screw Powell....screw Foyle...we got the desired pieces to bring in someone now...do it.

6) who would i trade jrich 1 on 1 for? who fricken knows... im not on the phone with other teams inquiring about who's available or not... and i'd trade just about anyone not named BD, ellis, biendris, possibly harrington and combine in some package with jrich (or not). it obviously depends on who it is. i'm not going to speculate on who/who's not available...all the rest of you pretty much are familiar with the same rumors as me...

we have an excess of some very good wing players...we're not giving up ellis b/c dam, who knows how good this dude will be. we're not giving up jackson b/c, mm, no one wants this dude...pietrus...pssssht...same as jackson but for different reasons... but collectively, i can live with ellis, jackson, and pietrus...as they each bring in various skill sets that basically can provide a certain style a play given certain game situations.

the question is, if you can trade for a player that can impact the game in the interior as much as jrich impacts the game from the perimeter, wouldn't you do it? i'd say we'd be stupid not to.

we're not going to win with the team we have. wasn't that clear enough last night?
Last edited by aletha33 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:41 pm
John Patrick wrote::roll:

LOL..i never noticed your best defense picture...sweet.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:11 pm
uptempo wrote:This is not an appealing trade. Jason Kidd, while exciting to watch and also a great point guard, is on the downward side of his career and would not compliment Baron Davis as well as Monta or Richardson, both of whom are shooting guards.

Well said! Forget this trade

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:10 pm
aletha33 wrote:
#32 wrote::agrue:

ok ok...I'll answer the questions:

damn that was quick aretha, 32 tells you to answer those questions, not even mins later you hop on his dick and ride his post.

great job cok bag.

or is it 32 who should be thankin you for the job?

aletha33 wrote:
John Patrick wrote::roll:

LOL..i never noticed your best defense picture...sweet.

lol then you even suck Patrick's dick for his picture of arenas.

in a matter of 3 mins you suk 2 coks, damn aretha no wonder you so fat.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Squalldip wrote:damn that was quick aretha, 32 tells you to answer those questions, not even mins later you hop on his dick and ride his post.

great job cok bag.

You better leave me the **** out of this, Squalldip. I got no gripe with you unless you gimmie one.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:47 am
#32 wrote:
Squalldip wrote:damn that was quick aretha, 32 tells you to answer those questions, not even mins later you hop on his dick and ride his post.

great job cok bag.

You better leave me the **** out of this, Squalldip. I got no gripe with you unless you gimmie one.

wow 32, that sounds like a fricken low blow to me...if i know you, and i think i do, you really can't stand for that...

I really don't think you should have mentioned 32 SQUID..obviously you're a virgin here...

and MARY, I answered 32 b/c I gots respect for the brutha...

he knows of what he speaks...same for john patrick...

as for your decrepit ass, well, let's keep this sh*t going...i love talking ****.

what you got now old man MARY?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:05 am
Watch the smack, guys. There are rules in this side of the board... If you want to keep it going without rules, you can bring this e-fight to the private board. Nobody checks foul language there.

Now, back to the original topic, I understand what you mean, aletha, but I don't think that going for a more traditional team is going to work. For better or worse, Nellie's the coach, and the front office has to build a team that suits his needs.

Also, I don't think we have enough to bring a top inside player and still have a competitive team. We would have to give up too much. For example, Memphis is asking for Luol Deng, Gordon, PJ Brown and the Bulls' first round pick for Gasol... no wonder he still hasn't been traded.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:16 am
TMC wrote:Watch the smack, guys. There are rules in this side of the board... If you want to keep it going without rules, you can bring this e-fight to the private board. Nobody checks foul language there.

I don't even know how I got involved. Squiddy throws my name into a gay joke out of nowhere? Sounds kinda senile, to me. But I digress, I don't even have any pull, one way or another, with this argument. I just don't want anybody pulling me into something I got no business being in.

Trying to keep my clean streak going. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:32 am
TMC wrote:Watch the smack, guys. There are rules in this side of the board... If you want to keep it going without rules, you can bring this e-fight to the private board. Nobody checks foul language there.

Now, back to the original topic, I understand what you mean, aletha, but I don't think that going for a more traditional team is going to work. For better or worse, Nellie's the coach, and the front office has to build a team that suits his needs.

Also, I don't think we have enough to bring a top inside player and still have a competitive team. We would have to give up too much. For example, Memphis is asking for Luol Deng, Gordon, PJ Brown and the Bulls' first round pick for Gasol... no wonder he still hasn't been traded.

senile...THAT'S a word i left out...thanx 32...

tmc, im not looking for a more "traditional" team...just b/c you throw somebody in the lineup that can rebound and play some interior D? that makes a team traditional?

so if you, soley for arguements sake, threw amare or tyson or dwight in our lineup, that would make us traditional and that would throw nellie's system off? i highly doubt that. obviously we're not going to get those players, but we can shoot for something a tier or two lower.

don't you think we're running nellie's system more out of need than desire? this is not the team nellie would create from scratch if he had the chance. it's necessity.

nellie & mullin aren't stupid..they realize this..and I'm sure they're on the phones probing for that type of player i just described...neither can be content with this "style" of play...

adding this piece WILL work...how can it get worse?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:26 am
aletha33 wrote:tmc, im not looking for a more "traditional" team...just b/c you throw somebody in the lineup that can rebound and play some interior D? that makes a team traditional?

so if you, soley for arguements sake, threw amare or tyson or dwight in our lineup, that would make us traditional and that would throw nellie's system off? i highly doubt that. obviously we're not going to get those players, but we can shoot for something a tier or two lower.

don't you think we're running nellie's system more out of need than desire? this is not the team nellie would create from scratch if he had the chance. it's necessity.

nellie & mullin aren't stupid..they realize this..and I'm sure they're on the phones probing for that type of player i just described...neither can be content with this "style" of play...

You know, I just think that Nellie will use Al at PF no matter what... that leaves only C as a position a player like that can play (unless you're thinking of a freak a la Shawn Marion playing SF, but those guys probably won't be available), and we have Biedrins at C, who is exactly that kind of second tier player we can get to man the middle. Keep in mind that Biedrins is still young and developing...
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:46 am
TMC wrote:
aletha33 wrote:tmc, im not looking for a more "traditional" team...just b/c you throw somebody in the lineup that can rebound and play some interior D? that makes a team traditional?

You know, I just think that Nellie will use Al at PF no matter what... that leaves only C as a position a player like that can play (unless you're thinking of a freak a la Shawn Marion playing SF, but those guys probably won't be available), and we have Biedrins at C, who is exactly that kind of second tier player we can get to man the middle. Keep in mind that Biedrins is still young and developing...

ya, im trying to be patient with biedrins. but he's a couple of years away from significantly and consistently impacting the game...and 20 to 30 lbs too. no arguement here - future's bright for us...down the line.

in the meantime, we can get us a player that can do those things by dangling jrich...

but honestly, im starting to become disenchanted with nellie's style...again, i'll be patient b/c it's not like he really has a choice. but if we get that piece i covet and he still persists on small-ball...

i'll be the first to say nellie's gotta go... small-ball...all style, no substance don't you think?
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball