Baron & Kidd

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:55 pm
coltraning wrote:
we need an inside big, so "hey, I got an idea, let's trade our best 2-3 for a 33 year old PG with bad knees, even though we already have one of the best 5 PGs in the league"

actually the point was dumb ass that we shouldnt trade jrich for kidd...which i agree... that followed with why should not we trade jrich at all, which I don't agree... based on the fact that we need to upgrade inside..

soooo...

by you trying to make me look stupid, you've done a good job of doing that to yourself..

thanks coltrain.

my idol

I....what?? I think I'll just leave this to coltraining, but daaaaamn.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:37 pm
Kidd is at the point of his career where his best bet at becoming a Warrior is mentoring and grooming Monta.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:41 pm
Squalldip wrote:so what your saying, is trade for our best player of last year who sadly is hurt, because he would be flourishing in this system, and trade him for a BACKUP bigman to play 15-20 mins....

you have also not even noted a "Interior Presence" that the Warriors would trade J-Rich for, because J has lots of $$$$ coming to him, so are you goin to trade for a high-price back up a la Nazr Mohammod?

Let us not forget, Adonal Foyle, who is merely a defensive precense AT BEST, he blocks shots, he hustles, and when he scores it brings the crowd to their feet.

Josh Powell has also IMPRESSED Nelson and others alike, he may be fairly undersized for a 5 but the guy uses his body and has seemingly picked up Nelson's system RATHER QUICKLY.

Not to mention, POB, thats Patrick O'Bryant since you were probably going through your NBA Live 07 on ps1 trying to figure out which player that was. Yes, hes in the NBDL, yes hes disappointed, and yes he has shown 2 flashes of what he can do, but he's still a Warrior and the Warriors HAVE TIME TO LET HIM PROGRESS. Just like they have time to let J-Rich heal and play like his All-Star self of last year, if you need to remember how good he really was watch the Warriors' commercial where against Dallas J-Rich drives the length of the floor, 360s then shoots a 3 to win the game, he was the single reason the Warriors were BREATHING last year if you're goin to throw away a player like that, then you play way too much NBA Live because that kind of trade is sheer, idiotic.

You sir have only showed us that you are mediocre at name calling. And insufficent at understanding what a message board is all about, if you would like to wave your finger and call your fellow Warrior Fans "stupid" and "dumbass" i suggest you click on Imdb.com and talk **** with your fellow 3rd graders about LOTR and how life was better during those times.

Good day. :wink:

They're still making Playstation 1 games...? :?

Not saying I agree with either side... but I can't wait for tradedunleavy to get ahold of this...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:07 pm
aletha33 wrote:[quote="David Wood"I completely agree. People need to watch one of those Youtube J-Rich mixed tapes to refresh their memory. My belief is that J-Rich will thrive as a 3 and not a 2 guard on this team. This way he can be around the rim more and utilize his rebounding/tip in skills as well as dish off's from BD and Monta. As a 2 guard, he does not have the ball handling to blow another guard off the dribble, he does not have the suction cup hands like Kobe Bryant. For that position he has average speed and below average ball handling skills. At small forward, he is above average in nearly every category and should be able to make other 3's like Adam Morrison look silly.

I don't think their could be a more ideal 1,2,3 than Baron, Monta and J-Rich. 2 guys with point guard skills, and imagine a defense having to account for Monta and J-Rich on a fastbreak AND stop the ball in BD's hands...The ball is getting scored. Having the sturdy Baron Davis means we can switch him to guard the opponents' big guard if he is too strong for Monta. It is just freakin' ideal! Then throw in Al Harrington and you spread the floor and have 4 guys who should be able to easily beat their man off the dribble or to the hole, not to mention all being able to shoot the 3. The only teams this lineup might struggle against are teams like the Lakers that have the 6'6 Kobe and the 6'10 Odom at the 2 and 3 spots filling up the lanes. Still, I the Warriors are the best offesive team in the league with that lineup next year.

If we should trade anyone it should be Pietrus.

like i said, no one wants pietrus...and who says we're forgetting what Jrich has done with us? HE HAS THE MOST VALUE.

rich, bd, pietrus, jackson, barnes, azuibuke, ellis, sarunas...WTF? how many guards do you want on this team?

and best offensive team this year, next year, the year after, goes to phoenix....

What makes you think that absolutely no one wants Pietrus? And J-Rich will not net us a center who is better than Biedrins or a power forward who is that much better than Harrington. Unless we are talking about Elton Brand, Garnett, Marion or Gasol it isn't worth it. Now i'm aware that we will get killed on the glass with this team, but I think with J-Rich at the 3 will be at least slightly better off. I suppose one option would be to trade J-Rich and Harrington for a super stud PF, like maybe them plus a 1st rounder for Garnett. I really think the team we have right now is ready to compete if Richardson is healthy. Also, ive actually like what ive seen out of Foyle recently; i can't remember cursing at the tv at him lately. His hands have seemed to improved from Stone form to maybe soft metal form. He hasn't been turning the ball over and he's been finishing his layups. I hate to say it but I like him as a backup now.

Who did you have in mind? I mean do you want to trade Rich for Carlos Boozer or something?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:10 am
David Wood wrote:Who did you have in mind? I mean do you want to trade Rich for Carlos Boozer or something?

Yep, that's the main point. I'd trade J-Rich for Duncan or Bosh in a heartbeat, but as that ain't going to happen, trading him for a player that won't be enough to take that leap to contender status is not worthy.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:10 am
David Wood wrote:
aletha33 wrote:[quote="David Wood"I completely agree. People need to watch one of those Youtube J-Rich mixed tapes to refresh their memory. My belief is that J-Rich will thrive as a 3 and not a 2 guard on this team. This way he can be around the rim more and utilize his rebounding/tip in skills as well as dish off's from BD and Monta. As a 2 guard, he does not have the ball handling to blow another guard off the dribble, he does not have the suction cup hands like Kobe Bryant. For that position he has average speed and below average ball handling skills. At small forward, he is above average in nearly every category and should be able to make other 3's like Adam Morrison look silly.

I don't think their could be a more ideal 1,2,3 than Baron, Monta and J-Rich. 2 guys with point guard skills, and imagine a defense having to account for Monta and J-Rich on a fastbreak AND stop the ball in BD's hands...The ball is getting scored. Having the sturdy Baron Davis means we can switch him to guard the opponents' big guard if he is too strong for Monta. It is just freakin' ideal! Then throw in Al Harrington and you spread the floor and have 4 guys who should be able to easily beat their man off the dribble or to the hole, not to mention all being able to shoot the 3. The only teams this lineup might struggle against are teams like the Lakers that have the 6'6 Kobe and the 6'10 Odom at the 2 and 3 spots filling up the lanes. Still, I the Warriors are the best offesive team in the league with that lineup next year.

If we should trade anyone it should be Pietrus.

like i said, no one wants pietrus...and who says we're forgetting what Jrich has done with us? HE HAS THE MOST VALUE.

rich, bd, pietrus, jackson, barnes, azuibuke, ellis, sarunas...WTF? how many guards do you want on this team?

and best offensive team this year, next year, the year after, goes to phoenix....

What makes you think that absolutely no one wants Pietrus? And J-Rich will not net us a center who is better than Biedrins or a power forward who is that much better than Harrington. Unless we are talking about Elton Brand, Garnett, Marion or Gasol it isn't worth it. Now i'm aware that we will get killed on the glass with this team, but I think with J-Rich at the 3 will be at least slightly better off. I suppose one option would be to trade J-Rich and Harrington for a super stud PF, like maybe them plus a 1st rounder for Garnett. I really think the team we have right now is ready to compete if Richardson is healthy. Also, ive actually like what ive seen out of Foyle recently; i can't remember cursing at the tv at him lately. His hands have seemed to improved from Stone form to maybe soft metal form. He hasn't been turning the ball over and he's been finishing his layups. I hate to say it but I like him as a backup now.

Who did you have in mind? I mean do you want to trade Rich for Carlos Boozer or something?

obviously when i say no one wants pietrus that's a matter of a personal opinion. i certainly wouldn't want him. Spot up baseline shooters are a dime a dozen. wing players that have difficulties dribbling, difficulties passing, possesses a low bball IQ, has all the physical gifts to play defense but mentally is nowhere near being up to par with his physical abilities, aren't desirable commodities.

granted he's been rebounding decently and some of his weak-side blocks have been of the spectacular variety...but unless that dude seriously works on his fundamentals, he'll always be a tease for us.

he just aint got that consistent nba game we can rely on...and teams know this.

as far as jrich, did i say i'd just give him up for any ol' 4 or 5? of course it's gotta be someone who can ball. i love the team we have...but don't tell me we can't improve...that's my point...always looking to improve.

and foyle...i wish - and i can't believe im saying this too - nelson would play him a bit more. never seen a man time his blocks better than him.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:11 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Kidd is at the point of his career where his best bet at becoming a Warrior is mentoring and grooming Monta.

that's a sweet idea...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:20 am
aletha33 wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Kidd is at the point of his career where his best bet at becoming a Warrior is mentoring and grooming Monta.

that's a sweet idea...

Yeah, but not at $20 million per year. If he still wants to keep playing once his current contract ends (2009), I'd be all for it, tho.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:40 am
Squalldip wrote:so what your saying, is trade for our best player of last year who sadly is hurt, because he would be flourishing in this system, and trade him for a BACKUP bigman to play 15-20 mins....

oh no squid, i wouldn't make such a dumb statement...that my son, is coming directly from you.

Squalldip wrote:you have also not even noted a "Interior Presence" that the Warriors would trade J-Rich for, because J has lots of $$$$ coming to him, so are you goin to trade for a high-price back up a la Nazr Mohammod?

if you read all my entries on this MB - which obviously you haven't - I have mentioned our need for an interior presence numerous times. and what's your oral fixation with back-ups?

Squalldip wrote:Let us not forget, Adonal Foyle, who is merely a defensive precense AT BEST, he blocks shots, he hustles, and when he scores it brings the crowd to their feet.

first of all, please let's do the spelling thing right ya squid?...P-R-E-S-E-N-C-E...i can understand possibly a typo of some kind. but it looks like you may have a minor case of dyslexia? you know you can get help...LOL.

your legitimacy, shaky to begin with, is starting to crumble...

Squalldip wrote:Josh Powell has also IMPRESSED Nelson and others alike, he may be fairly undersized for a 5 but the guy uses his body and has seemingly picked up Nelson's system RATHER QUICKLY.

about the only sensible thing you've written thus far...

Squalldip wrote:Not to mention, POB, thats Patrick O'Bryant since you were probably going through your NBA Live 07 on ps1 trying to figure out which player that was. Yes, hes in the NBDL, yes hes disappointed, and yes he has shown 2 flashes of what he can do, but he's still a Warrior and the Warriors HAVE TIME TO LET HIM PROGRESS.

oh ya, POB will eventually be the man for us...a man who can't even play mediocre ball in the NBDL...haha, can't wait what you're going to say next!

Squalldip wrote:Just like they have time to let J-Rich heal and play like his All-Star self of last year, if you need to remember how good he really was watch the Warriors' commercial where against Dallas J-Rich drives the length of the floor, 360s then shoots a 3 to win the game, he was the single reason the Warriors were BREATHING last year if you're goin to throw away a player like that, then you play way too much NBA Live because that kind of trade is sheer, idiotic.

now a history lesson huh pops? who's arguing about what jrich has done? i think you think i think we should consider trading him b/c because of his inconsistent play this year... not really ma'm... the man can play despite the holes in his games and he'll bring us an upgrade, if the price is right...

Squalldip wrote:You sir have only showed us that you are mediocre at name calling. And insufficent at understanding what a message board is all about, if you would like to wave your finger and call your fellow Warrior Fans "stupid" and "dumbass" i suggest you click on Imdb.com and talk **** with your fellow 3rd graders about LOTR and how life was better during those times.

well, you know, when you make a mockery of an opinion or assumed i meant something that wasn't actually said, as mr coltrain did, you should, son, expect to draw my ire...or at least some name calling... one form of disrespect deserves another...

Squalldip wrote:Good day. :wink:

but overall squid, this was pretty sad! is this your attempt at a diatribe meant to embarass? :shock:

gotta do better than that...[/b]
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:43 am
TMC wrote:
aletha33 wrote:

that's a sweet idea...

Yeah, but not at $20 million per year. If he still wants to keep playing once his current contract ends (2009), I'd be all for it, tho.

definitely not at that price...

i've just been a jkidd fan since his days at st jo's ... and the idea of him and bd running a nellie offense...wow.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:54 am
breezer_79 wrote:
coltraning wrote:
we need an inside big, so "hey, I got an idea, let's trade our best 2-3 for a 33 year old PG with bad knees, even though we already have one of the best 5 PGs in the league"

actually the point was dumb ass that we shouldnt trade jrich for kidd...which i agree... that followed with why should not we trade jrich at all, which I don't agree... based on the fact that we need to upgrade inside..

soooo...

by you trying to make me look stupid, you've done a good job of doing that to yourself..

thanks coltrain.

my idol

BTW, he should read his own original post before he starts calling names when people question the idea. The dude started this whole thread and his last line in favor of getting Kidd here was "And before all you a-holes starting ranting, would definitely not do it for ellis...jason, pietrus, & POB in a heartbeat... " That sounds like someone advocating trading JRich for Kidd to me, but maybe the thread was mistranslated into English. it's o.k, breezer, he's just foaming, and the beavis and butthead-level insult doesn't bug me. It's just a sports board and the dude looks to pick fights when he can't justify his original posts.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:01 pm
coltraning wrote:
breezer_79 wrote:
coltraning wrote:

soooo...

thanks coltrain.

my idol

BTW, he should read his own original post before he starts calling names when people question the idea. The dude started this whole thread and his last line in favor of getting Kidd here was "And before all you a-holes starting ranting, would definitely not do it for ellis...jason, pietrus, & POB in a heartbeat... " That sounds like someone advocating trading JRich for Kidd to me, but maybe the thread was mistranslated into English. it's o.k, breezer, he's just foaming, and the beavis and butthead-level insult doesn't bug me. It's just a sports board and the dude looks to pick fights when he can't justify his original posts.

oh ya, that's it coltrain...you tell him. :-o

and fights? you're not quite worthy of a fight mr train... you fight those that are threats...

and you're pretty much harmless...

but thanks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:53 pm
I can't believe it.

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

We have a goddamn Royal Rumble going on in here... and nobody invited me? :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:54 pm
#32 wrote:I can't believe it.

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

We have a goddamn Royal Rumble going on in here... and nobody invited me? :mrgreen:

LOL...

i think once i establish myself as a contender, than I'll come after you...

otherwise, i'm just trying to work my way up..

:-o

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:50 pm
aletha33 wrote:

oh no squid, i wouldn't make such a dumb statement...that my son, is coming directly from you.

Squalldip wrote:you have also not even noted a "Interior Presence" that the Warriors would trade J-Rich for, because J has lots of $$$$ coming to him, so are you goin to trade for a high-price back up a la Nazr Mohammod?

if you read all my entries on this MB - which obviously you haven't - I have mentioned our need for an interior presence numerous times. and what's your oral fixation with back-ups?

Squalldip wrote:Let us not forget, Adonal Foyle, who is merely a defensive precense AT BEST, he blocks shots, he hustles, and when he scores it brings the crowd to their feet.

first of all, please let's do the spelling thing right ya squid?...P-R-E-S-E-N-C-E...i can understand possibly a typo of some kind. but it looks like you may have a minor case of dyslexia? you know you can get help...LOL.

your legitimacy, shaky to begin with, is starting to crumble...

Squalldip wrote:Josh Powell has also IMPRESSED Nelson and others alike, he may be fairly undersized for a 5 but the guy uses his body and has seemingly picked up Nelson's system RATHER QUICKLY.

about the only sensible thing you've written thus far...

Squalldip wrote:Not to mention, POB, thats Patrick O'Bryant since you were probably going through your NBA Live 07 on ps1 trying to figure out which player that was. Yes, hes in the NBDL, yes hes disappointed, and yes he has shown 2 flashes of what he can do, but he's still a Warrior and the Warriors HAVE TIME TO LET HIM PROGRESS.

oh ya, POB will eventually be the man for us...a man who can't even play mediocre ball in the NBDL...haha, can't wait what you're going to say next!

Squalldip wrote:Just like they have time to let J-Rich heal and play like his All-Star self of last year, if you need to remember how good he really was watch the Warriors' commercial where against Dallas J-Rich drives the length of the floor, 360s then shoots a 3 to win the game, he was the single reason the Warriors were BREATHING last year if you're goin to throw away a player like that, then you play way too much NBA Live because that kind of trade is sheer, idiotic.

now a history lesson huh pops? who's arguing about what jrich has done? i think you think i think we should consider trading him b/c because of his inconsistent play this year... not really ma'm... the man can play despite the holes in his games and he'll bring us an upgrade, if the price is right...

Squalldip wrote:You sir have only showed us that you are mediocre at name calling. And insufficent at understanding what a message board is all about, if you would like to wave your finger and call your fellow Warrior Fans "stupid" and "dumbass" i suggest you click on Imdb.com and talk **** with your fellow 3rd graders about LOTR and how life was better during those times.

well, you know, when you make a mockery of an opinion or assumed i meant something that wasn't actually said, as mr coltrain did, you should, son, expect to draw my ire...or at least some name calling... one form of disrespect deserves another...

Squalldip wrote:Good day. :wink:

but overall squid, this was pretty sad! is this your attempt at a diatribe meant to embarass? :shock:

gotta do better than that...[/b]

so again...

you still havent said anything...

1. who do you want to trade jrich for

2. where this interior preCenSe (tihs msut b ur furst trip 2 da intranet bcuz if u notcie no matttta hwo its spellllled u know wtf im talkin about) will be playin in the STARTING LINEUP

3. why in the world i would care about your other posts

4. why i would even go look for your posts

5. and how "the interior presence" will affect the playin time of other players

6. also relating back to the trade that you said you would make for j-rich leaving, who are you goin to trade 1 for 1 or what other players are you goin to toss into this trade, show me what your GM hat is made of.

S-Q-U-A-L-L-D-I-P

smarty spelling pants
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball