No Mention of BD as a potential All-Star...What a Farce

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:58 am
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba ... able_x.htm

at least mention the dudes name...his initials, some kind of reference...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:28 am
I must say I'm surprised. Not because he's not picked... He wasn't even considered.

I mean, the guy that wrote this piece of sh*t considered Ginobili over Baron!!!! :shock:

Guess now I know another guy whose articles I should skip.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:47 am
TMC wrote:I mean, the guy that wrote this piece of sh*t considered Ginobili over Baron!!!! :shock:

I do not get this either. I will give Ginobili his props when deserved, but this season is NOT one of those years. Baron has played very well for the Warriors and is plenty more deserving to make the team than Ginobili. If someone can explain this one I have two open ears ready.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 am
TMC wrote:I must say I'm surprised. Not because he's not picked... He wasn't even considered.

I mean, the guy that wrote this piece of sh*t considered Ginobili over Baron!!!! :shock:

Guess now I know another guy whose articles I should skip.

exactly TMC... it just goes to show you that when you're not a big time franchise, you don't get the recognition.

another example - nationally, i can't believe the number of commentators, national syndicated shows, writers, etc...that believe that indiana got the better of this trade...

i hear how dun's a "great shooter" and murph's a "rugged interior rebounder" or that ike was "great" with the minutes he got this year...

i'm like WTF? are you serious?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:54 am
aletha33 wrote:another example - nationally, i can't believe the number of commentators, national syndicated shows, writers, etc...that believe that indiana got the better of this trade...

i hear how dun's a "great shooter" and murph's a "rugged interior rebounder" or that ike was "great" with the minutes he got this year...

Yeah, it's funny nobody said anything like that when they were playing for ur... or that nobody mentions their contracts now that that's Indy's problem.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:55 am
aletha33 wrote:another example - nationally, i can't believe the number of commentators, national syndicated shows, writers, etc...that believe that indiana got the better of this trade...

I mentioned this in the thread around the trade, but there are very few people in the national media who should be making comments about a trade involving a team they hardly, if ever, see.

I am guessing these people claiming Dunleavy and Murphy are great have not seen one Warrior game this season and are basing their opinions off of draft sheets from around 2000-2001. They do not realize these two have horrible contracts and that they were not doing the things needed for the Warriors to succeed.

I guess the Warriors are going to fight an uphill battle with all-stars and with respect from the national press until they make the playoffs and even then, until they can start winning every season.

It is sad, but it is true.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:08 am
ChicagoTom wrote:

I mentioned this in the thread around the trade, but there are very few people in the national media who should be making comments about a trade involving a team they hardly, if ever, see.

I am guessing these people claiming Dunleavy and Murphy are great have not seen one Warrior game this season and are basing their opinions off of draft sheets from around 2000-2001. They do not realize these two have horrible contracts and that they were not doing the things needed for the Warriors to succeed.

I guess the Warriors are going to fight an uphill battle with all-stars and with respect from the national press until they make the playoffs and even then, until they can start winning every season.

It is sad, but it is true.

sorry i missed what you said chi-tom...but you're definitely on point...

i think the biggest culprit though was barkley...i mean, he's known for mouthing off indiscriminately anyway...but damn, you know TNT has a huuuuge national following...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:30 am
What's nice is that when idiots in the national media say the Pacers got the better end of the deal it just reaffirms to me that we ripped them off.

People in the media are wrong 99% of the time. Remember when the Panthers were going to win the Superbowl this year, and the Cardinals were a team to watch for? Remember when Yao was going to be a stiff or when it was going to be a Yankees/Mets World Series?

Writers, for the most part, lack any original thought. They just repeat what everyone else is saying like it is the truth and pass it off as journalism. That way if anyone points out how wrong they were they can just say "hey, everyone else thought the same thing." ESPN is the ringleader in this lazy journalism.

Sports writers should be treated like politicians and have public voting records. That way we can track exactly how wrong writers are. I would be shocked if a quarter of them were right half the time.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:31 am
aletha33 wrote:i think the biggest culprit though was barkley...i mean, he's known for mouthing off indiscriminately anyway...but damn, you know TNT has a huuuuge national following...

For the most part, I like Barkley on TNT, but the way he went off on and lambasted the Warriors in their lone TNT appearance earlier this season against the Kings was not needed. He gave them no chance of making the playoffs or anything.

He has a lot of knowledge about the title contenders and other perennial playoff teams, but he seems to know very little about smaller, less successful teams like the Warriors which leads me to believe that other than watching the big games of the week on his NBA League Pass, he rarely watches other teams or games like the Warriors v Bobcats or Sonics v Blazers. That being said, he should be honest, as he usually tries to be, and simply say he has not formed a concrete opinion on the Warriors yet rather than just ripping them to pieces.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:33 am
ChicagoTom wrote:That being said, he should be honest, as he usually tries to be, and simply say he has not formed a concrete opinion on the Warriors yet rather than just ripping them to pieces.

Don't EVER expect that to happen, it will damage his reputation and his job. They're paid to have an opinion.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:42 am
John Patrick wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:That being said, he should be honest, as he usually tries to be, and simply say he has not formed a concrete opinion on the Warriors yet rather than just ripping them to pieces.

Don't EVER expect that to happen, it will damage his reputation and his job. They're paid to have an opinion.

Yep. Controversy sells. They have to say something and, even if they're not sure, they have to look like they know what they're talking about...

Of course, when they don't talk about contenders, all they usually know are the boxscores of the last few games.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:46 am
Thunder wrote:What's nice is that when idiots in the national media say the Pacers got the better end of the deal it just reaffirms to me that we ripped them off.

People in the media are wrong 99% of the time. Remember when the Panthers were going to win the Superbowl this year, and the Cardinals were a team to watch for? Remember when Yao was going to be a stiff or when it was going to be a Yankees/Mets World Series?

Writers, for the most part, lack any original thought. They just repeat what everyone else is saying like it is the truth and pass it off as journalism. That way if anyone points out how wrong they were they can just say "hey, everyone else thought the same thing." ESPN is the ringleader in this lazy journalism.

Sports writers should be treated like politicians and have public voting records. That way we can track exactly how wrong writers are. I would be shocked if a quarter of them were right half the time.

agreed - it is very much like political writers and weathermen - they are wrong about 60-70% of the time, but there is ZERO accountability. How many of us would keep our jobs if we blew it 3/4 of the time? Let 'em keep saying the Pacers got the better part of the deal as harrington averages 25 a game, Jackson brings that edge and toughness and cabbage gives a solid backup PG -meanwhile, Dung will continue his stellar 13 points a game on 38% shooting, Murphy will give them 9 points and 10 garbage boards and Ike....well, just like here, he ain't playing. Yup, they sure did get the better part of the deal.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:16 pm
it was funny watching the pacers play the heat, the Indiana commentators were going on about, of course, how they may have gotten the better of the deal...and that ike's a steal, and that ike's a beast, ike's going to be great etc...

immediately after the comments, ike gets the ball in the post, performs one of his agonizingly and mechanically slow drop-steps, and proceeds to shoot a 6 footer about 4 feet...

an uncomfortable silence ensued between the two commentators...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:54 pm
This has been happening for years... doesn't surprise me, doesn't upset me. The Warriors NEVER get any respect and this proves it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:10 pm
Frankly BD doesn't deserve to make the allstar team this year, but I'm surprised he doesn't get a mention.

Starters:
Yao
Duncan
KG
Kobe
Tmac
Pretty much guarunteed Backups:
Nash
AI
Dirk
Boozer
Amare
Carmelo
Wildcard Candidates:
Paul
Brand
Randolph
Marion
Josh Howard
Ginobili
Ray Allen
Tony Parker
Baron
Gasol (hey, you never know)

Really, it's not that much of a travesty that baron doesn't get picked over all those players. From their point of view, Dallas and Phoenix will win 65 games so Howard and Marion deserve consideration, The spurs will win 60 so Parker and Marion deserve consideration, the Clips are better than the Warriors right now so Brand has that edge, Chris Paul is superhyped, Randolph is averaging 25 and 10, and Ray Allen has superstar swagger, even if he doesn't deserve to make the team. Baron is facing all of those guys for one spot, and frankly I don't think he's better than them. Baron is a good player this year but he isn't going to make this allstar team.
ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball