Be honest. Are the Warriors making the playoffs?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:08 pm
Let's look at the West. Our first 6 teams are, at worst, 6 wins better than the Warriors. And I'm going to go out on a very tiny limb and assume Denver holds on to the 7th seed. Which leads us with:

-The Clippers (currently the 8th seed) at 22-22
-The Wolves (recently the 8th seed) at 21-22
-The Warriors at 21-23

For the purposes of this discussion, I'll discount the Blazers and everyone else, who look shaky at best.

Me? Honestly, I don't know. The Clips & Wolves could beat the Ws on any given night and the Ws could trounce them the next. It's probably going to come down to the last 5 or 10 games. And you know what, I'm going to say they can do it. The Clips & the Wolves are relatively stagnant, while the Warriors just rejuvinated themselves. This trip out East means A LOT though. If they can break even there, they're sitting pretty.

Just as an aside: Pre-Dunleavy trade, I would've said no playoffs.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:17 pm
We're better than the Wolves period, and the Clips are worse this year. With our new lineup we have an edge on them. I'd say we're in the playoffs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:44 pm
Right now I'd say we're better than those two... but let's wait til the trade deadline and see what happens. I'm sure everybody is trying to make moves right now.

If everybody stands pat, I consider the Clips as the team to beat for that last playoff spot. Minny has KG... but that won't be enough, as last season proved.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:25 pm
It is going to be a dogfight. I would like to say that we have the edge on MInny, cause they have KG and nobody else. The Clips? Thye should be a 5th-6th seed, but have some odd trip going on. Talent-wise, we and the Clips are pretty close, but Cassell is so old and fragile, we should get it done.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Minnesota isn't gonna get past us.

The Clippers are Elton's Brands' Timberwovles. I knew their season last year was a fluke. They might get the 7th seed, but anything more is overkill.

Golden State will make the 8th spot.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:33 pm
I think we have the best shot out of the three of us. Minny is likely to have a mental breakdown and the Clips are exactly what we predicted. Now unless another team puts on a miracle performance from behind, the playoffs are for the Warriors are there.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:51 pm
I think the clips will finish ahead of us but I could (hope) be wrong)
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:41 pm
Minnie beat Phoenix today :shock: But they will melt & the Clips also have a big road trip ahead, the Warriors will Clip the Clips [-o<
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:57 pm
W's are definitely deeper than the Clips and Wolves. I'd give the edge to the Clips/Wolves because of their superstar big men. Harrington is good, all-star even but superstar he is not. What do the remaining schedules look like?

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 am
i agree i think the w's have more talent than the wolves, and i dont think the clipps are for real. i think the w's or the clipps are one deal away from separation. i think maggette has really hurt the clipps with his antics, and while the warriors are better with harrington and jackson, we lack depth in size. feb 22 is a very important date.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:22 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i agree i think the w's have more talent than the wolves, and i dont think the clipps are for real. i think the w's or the clipps are one deal away from separation. i think maggette has really hurt the clipps with his antics, and while the warriors are better with harrington and jackson, we lack depth in size. feb 22 is a very important date.

I'd say we're fine. Remember that we have Foyle to use as a tool if we have to body up a big man. Harrington and Jackson are both decently tall (both taller than Ike) and are perfect Nelson players.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:09 am
I don't think Minny and the Clips are our only competition for a playoff spot. The Nuggets are free falling, the Lakers look bad (still will make the playoffs), and I still think Utah is way over-rated and looks tired. Houston is not a lock without a healthy Yao and McGrady. We need to start winning (no .500 record crap), and wait for a team to collapse and another to suffer a setback injury and we cruise the eight whatever spot. If we can play .500 on the road going forward, we should be a lock to outposition a team like Denver and Minny. The Clippers, on the other hand, are peaking at the right time and their skilled big players and experience will probably catapult them ahead of the Warriors to the seventh spot. On a bright note, we are still hovering around .500 and are only a game away from a playoff spot.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:23 am
dareedle wrote:If we can play .500 on the road going forward, we should be a lock to outposition a team like Denver and Minny. The Clippers, on the other hand, are peaking at the right time and their skilled big players and experience will probably catapult them ahead of the Warriors to the seventh spot. On a bright note, we are still hovering around .500 and are only a game away from a playoff spot.

We were talking about the 8th seed. Of course, if we are able to play .500 on the road, we'd be a lock for the playoffs and would go higher than that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:00 pm
If the team doesn't start winning on the road, forget it! they have been spanked well lately

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:34 am
migya wrote:If the team doesn't start winning on the road, forget it! they have been spanked well lately

Yep, after the last two games, I'm leaning towards changing my stance and bet we end 10th in the west.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball