Baron & Kidd

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:14 am
"Perhaps a career-ending return home to Oakland would be the answer, because the Warriors could put together a good package to rebuild the Nets. Maybe Jason Richardson, Mickael Pietrus, Monta Ellis and rookie Patrick O'Bryant, whom coach Don Nelson last week said he'd like to go to dinner with but wouldn't want to put in a game. Kidd and Baron Davis would be an ideal backcourt for Nelson."

I love the idea of a BD Kidd back-court - not sure how it would work, but dam, they'd be exciting.

Kidd's got 3 to 4 good years left...

And before all you a-holes starting ranting, would definitely not do it for ellis...jason, pietrus, & POB in a heartbeat...

food for thought...

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:08 am
Not interested in the least bit in getting Jason Kidd. He is getting old and while he is from the Bay Area and can still play at a relatively high level, I think his best days are behind him and in no way would I give up a young player like Monta and others to get him for a homecoming reunion.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:10 am
no way I'd give up 15 years of monta for 2 years of Kidd. Jrich I would trade, but I don't think the nets would be interested in swingmen since they've got VC and Jefferson. No way I'd trade AB+fillers, which is likely what they'd be after, for a couple of years of kidd.
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:07 am
This is not an appealing trade. Jason Kidd, while exciting to watch and also a great point guard, is on the downward side of his career and would not compliment Baron Davis as well as Monta or Richardson, both of whom are shooting guards.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:49 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:no way I'd give up 15 years of monta for 2 years of Kidd. Jrich I would trade, but I don't think the nets would be interested in swingmen since they've got VC and Jefferson.

ARRRGGGGGHH, another J-Rich trade!!!!!! :banghead:

Well, seriously, they just might, as VC is gonna be a free agent this season. They seem to have been offering him to half the league lately...

Still, never would go for a trade like that. If there's a golden rule that should not be broken in trades is this:

NEVER TRADE YOUNG FOR OLD (with old meaning over 32)

Kidd is great... but won't be long enough to make it worthy.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:21 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:no way I'd give up 15 years of monta for 2 years of Kidd. Jrich I would trade, but I don't think the nets would be interested in swingmen since they've got VC and Jefferson.

ARRRGGGGGHH, another J-Rich trade!!!!!! :banghead:

Well, seriously, they just might, as VC is gonna be a free agent this season. They seem to have been offering him to half the league lately...

Still, never would go for a trade like that. If there's a golden rule that should not be broken in trades is this:

NEVER TRADE YOUNG FOR OLD (with old meaning over 32)

Kidd is great... but won't be long enough to make it worthy.

i take it you're not high on the idea of trading jrich...

obviously, someone's gotta go. monta is not going anywhere. no one wants pietrus. jackson the same. jrich is our most attractive and valuable piece.

and we're still missing that inside presence - makes sense to me if the player is right...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:39 pm
Yes, but Jason Kidd is not an inside presence.

Also, inside players, players who play defense, players more comfortable playing a half-court game do not fit in with a Nelson team.

Jason Kidd is a great player; however, the Warriors already have a point guard, Baron Davis, and a servicable backup, Cabbage.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:31 pm
aletha33 wrote:obviously, someone's gotta go. monta is not going anywhere. no one wants pietrus. jackson the same. jrich is our most attractive and valuable piece.

and we're still missing that inside presence - makes sense to me if the player is right...

Why?.

Nellie's teams do not use pure inside guys. Al Harrington and Biedrins are our inside presence. All we need is a friggin' backup for them (we might even have one with Powell).

I honestly can't see a single reason to trade J-Rich. Not even one. If he comes back (healthy) and he doesn't fit with the roster we have now (big if, as all great players usually find a way to play together under Nellie), then we may start talking about trades. But give the guy a chance to prove he's still the same player he was. We're pretty short of memory regarding J-Rich and all he's done for this team.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:50 pm
TMC wrote:
aletha33 wrote:obviously, someone's gotta go. monta is not going anywhere. no one wants pietrus. jackson the same. jrich is our most attractive and valuable piece.

Why?.

Nellie's teams do not use pure inside guys. Al Harrington and Biedrins are our inside presence. All we need is a friggin' backup for them (we might even have one with Powell).

I honestly can't see a single reason to trade J-Rich. Not even one. If he comes back (healthy) and he doesn't fit with the roster we have now (big if, as all great players usually find a way to play together under Nellie), then we may start talking about trades. But give the guy a chance to prove he's still the same player he was. We're pretty short of memory regarding J-Rich and all he's done for this team.

This whole thread is a bit odd. First we are reading about a potential trade to get Jason Kidd onto the Warriors, which would be fine if the team needed a point guard. Next the original poster states that the Warriors need an inside presence and that the team can only trade Richardson to get this inside player. Jason Kidd is not an inside player; he is a point guard.

A more viable trade scenario: Richardson and Biedrens for Garnett.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:03 pm
TMC wrote:[

I completely agree. People need to watch one of those Youtube J-Rich mixed tapes to refresh their memory. My belief is that J-Rich will thrive as a 3 and not a 2 guard on this team. This way he can be around the rim more and utilize his rebounding/tip in skills as well as dish off's from BD and Monta. As a 2 guard, he does not have the ball handling to blow another guard off the dribble, he does not have the suction cup hands like Kobe Bryant. For that position he has average speed and below average ball handling skills. At small forward, he is above average in nearly every category and should be able to make other 3's like Adam Morrison look silly.

I don't think their could be a more ideal 1,2,3 than Baron, Monta and J-Rich. 2 guys with point guard skills, and imagine a defense having to account for Monta and J-Rich on a fastbreak AND stop the ball in BD's hands...The ball is getting scored. Having the sturdy Baron Davis means we can switch him to guard the opponents' big guard if he is too strong for Monta. It is just freakin' ideal! Then throw in Al Harrington and you spread the floor and have 4 guys who should be able to easily beat their man off the dribble or to the hole, not to mention all being able to shoot the 3. The only teams this lineup might struggle against are teams like the Lakers that have the 6'6 Kobe and the 6'10 Odom at the 2 and 3 spots filling up the lanes. Still, I the Warriors are the best offesive team in the league with that lineup next year.

If we should trade anyone it should be Pietrus.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:21 pm
so let me get this straight...you like our team as is. this is the team that will lead us to the promise land? no additional changes are needed?

wow, can't believe you guys will settle for mediocrity.

for all those who say we don't need an inside presense - and no **** jkidd's not that - i say you don't know how to build a team.

and jrich, with all his abilities and flaws, is our ticket to an interior upgrade...

I SEE EVERY REASON TO TRADE HIM TO GET BETTER.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:26 pm
David Wood wrote:
TMC wrote:[

I completely agree. People need to watch one of those Youtube J-Rich mixed tapes to refresh their memory. My belief is that J-Rich will thrive as a 3 and not a 2 guard on this team. This way he can be around the rim more and utilize his rebounding/tip in skills as well as dish off's from BD and Monta. As a 2 guard, he does not have the ball handling to blow another guard off the dribble, he does not have the suction cup hands like Kobe Bryant. For that position he has average speed and below average ball handling skills. At small forward, he is above average in nearly every category and should be able to make other 3's like Adam Morrison look silly.

I don't think their could be a more ideal 1,2,3 than Baron, Monta and J-Rich. 2 guys with point guard skills, and imagine a defense having to account for Monta and J-Rich on a fastbreak AND stop the ball in BD's hands...The ball is getting scored. Having the sturdy Baron Davis means we can switch him to guard the opponents' big guard if he is too strong for Monta. It is just freakin' ideal! Then throw in Al Harrington and you spread the floor and have 4 guys who should be able to easily beat their man off the dribble or to the hole, not to mention all being able to shoot the 3. The only teams this lineup might struggle against are teams like the Lakers that have the 6'6 Kobe and the 6'10 Odom at the 2 and 3 spots filling up the lanes. Still, I the Warriors are the best offesive team in the league with that lineup next year.

If we should trade anyone it should be Pietrus.

like i said, no one wants pietrus...and who says we're forgetting what Jrich has done with us? HE HAS THE MOST VALUE.

rich, bd, pietrus, jackson, barnes, azuibuke, ellis, sarunas...WTF? how many guards do you want on this team?

and best offensive team this year, next year, the year after, goes to phoenix....
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:30 pm
we need an inside big, so "hey, I got an idea, let's trade our best 2-3 for a 33 year old PG with bad knees, even though we already have one of the best 5 PGs in the league" :roll: :roll: :roll:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:41 pm
coltraning wrote:we need an inside big, so "hey, I got an idea, let's trade our best 2-3 for a 33 year old PG with bad knees, even though we already have one of the best 5 PGs in the league" :roll: :roll: :roll:

actually the point was dumb ass that we shouldnt trade jrich for kidd...which i agree... that followed with why should not we trade jrich at all, which I don't agree... based on the fact that we need to upgrade inside..

soooo...

by you trying to make me look stupid, you've done a good job of doing that to yourself..

thanks coltrain. :D

my idol

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:53 pm
aletha33 wrote:
coltraning wrote:we need an inside big, so "hey, I got an idea, let's trade our best 2-3 for a 33 year old PG with bad knees, even though we already have one of the best 5 PGs in the league" :roll: :roll: :roll:

actually the point was dumb ass that we shouldnt trade jrich for kidd...which i agree... that followed with why should not we trade jrich at all, which I don't agree... based on the fact that we need to upgrade inside..

soooo...

by you trying to make me look stupid, you've done a good job of doing that to yourself..

thanks coltrain. :D

my idol

so what your saying, is trade for our best player of last year who sadly is hurt, because he would be flourishing in this system, and trade him for a BACKUP bigman to play 15-20 mins....

you have also not even noted a "Interior Presence" that the Warriors would trade J-Rich for, because J has lots of $$$$ coming to him, so are you goin to trade for a high-price back up a la Nazr Mohammod?

Let us not forget, Adonal Foyle, who is merely a defensive precense AT BEST, he blocks shots, he hustles, and when he scores it brings the crowd to their feet.

Josh Powell has also IMPRESSED Nelson and others alike, he may be fairly undersized for a 5 but the guy uses his body and has seemingly picked up Nelson's system RATHER QUICKLY.

Not to mention, POB, thats Patrick O'Bryant since you were probably going through your NBA Live 07 on ps1 trying to figure out which player that was. Yes, hes in the NBDL, yes hes disappointed, and yes he has shown 2 flashes of what he can do, but he's still a Warrior and the Warriors HAVE TIME TO LET HIM PROGRESS. Just like they have time to let J-Rich heal and play like his All-Star self of last year, if you need to remember how good he really was watch the Warriors' commercial where against Dallas J-Rich drives the length of the floor, 360s then shoots a 3 to win the game, he was the single reason the Warriors were BREATHING last year if you're goin to throw away a player like that, then you play way too much NBA Live because that kind of trade is sheer, idiotic.

You sir have only showed us that you are mediocre at name calling. And insufficent at understanding what a message board is all about, if you would like to wave your finger and call your fellow Warrior Fans "stupid" and "dumbass" i suggest you click on Imdb.com and talk **** with your fellow 3rd graders about LOTR and how life was better during those times.

Good day. :wink:
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball