J-Rich's Role Upon his Return?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:52 am
cabarkapa wrote:
#32 wrote:That's a last resort. Richardson struggled earlier on with (visibly) less explosion and a slower first step. This effects a lot more aspects than simply dunks; the jump on his shot was off, his rebounding dipped, he couldn't run the floor with the rest of the team, and he suffered on defense. Richardson's hand doesn't worry me; his knee does. Once his legs are back at 100%, we'll see the real JRich.

This team has been scoring in bunches lately. Don't forget; nobody else on the team (Al, SJax, Monta, ect) besides Baron is a 23-24 PPG scorer. Richardson can still average 20 points with this lineup.

Yeah, it's too early to be ripping on Richardson, who was in top 15 scoring last year i think, but i also think he may score less, now that we have a lot more offensive options.

Also Al is averaging 24+ as a Warrior, we'll see how that continues, and Monta still brings a solid 17+ or double digit points either starting or coming off the bench every game.

Agreed. Richardson doesn't need to raise his scoring level with the offense added last week. His offensive game is just fine, he can add defense or ball handling now. Guys like Harrington and Monta already secure the point totals.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:32 am
The Warriors have so many offensive weapons, it doesn't seem like we need Richardson at the moment.

But don't forget; this guy's not just another weapon, he's our BIGGEST gun. I wouldn't doubt a 20+ PPG average when Richardson returns (obviously, not over the season, due to his rough beginning of the year, but from that point on).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:58 am
In Nelson's system Richardson should thrive. Think of Johnson, Moncrief, Pressey, Pierce, Richmond, Finley; they were all athletic 6'5 - 6'7 guys who excelled playing for Nelson. Richmond will come back strong. I am less concerned about his hand than his knee. With the hand injury, it may only have helped with the knee rehab, whick is good!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:18 am
Agreed. I'm just terrified of seeing the knee injury again... because if the knee's STILL not healed (after all this time), I doubt he'll ever be the same again. :oops:

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:21 am
J Rich was seen working out & running hard pre game :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:45 pm
Lets hope it holds up. I'd love to never hear anything about his knee again.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:22 pm
#32 wrote:Lets hope it holds up. I'd love to never hear anything about his knee again.

That's impossible. Every time JR misses a shot or commits a turnover, it will be blamed on his knee. Bob and Jim were and will be again, relentless on making excuses for the knee. I swear to God, if JR misses a free throw and they say it's because his knee is still not 100% I am going to scream.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:45 am
The hand is out of cast and Jason should be practicing out with that hand soon. How much his shot will be affected, I don't know. But I can promise you that he should be back to the old Jason in terms of scoring. Maybe dunking, but I'd think he'd want to take it easy on the posterizing.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:24 am
j-rich will be fine, remember amare? his knee was all fuc*** up and now he's back to normal, but he basically missed a season. hopefully that wont be the case for JR, but we should expect normalcy for next season. any way he can contribute this year, good shi*. we do need him by the way. not his scoring, but we need his heart and leadership. people tend to forget that.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:44 am
jsw548 wrote:
#32 wrote:Lets hope it holds up. I'd love to never hear anything about his knee again.

That's impossible. Every time JR misses a shot or commits a turnover, it will be blamed on his knee. Bob and Jim were and will be again, relentless on making excuses for the knee. I swear to God, if JR misses a free throw and they say it's because his knee is still not 100% I am going to scream.

Dude. His knee was fucked up. He couldn't jump, couldn't run. I didn't hear them use it as an excuse for his FT's but the jumper definitely suffered from the injury. Not only because of the missing elevation but because his triple-threat wasn't nearly as effective without a proper threat of taking it to the rack.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 pm
I just want to tell you all this...

DON'T DOUBT JASON RICHARDSON (and I'm not saying anyone is)!!!

When he's 100%, he will play 100%! We all have to give him time to get his flow back. A player just can't come back from injury and be his old self again right away. All players need time to get their game back. If J-Rich starts off slow, DON'T WORRY. He hasn't played that much basketball this year, so it's a given he is going to be a little rusty. Plus he's got a new team that he hasn't played with yet, so it will take some time for reajusting. DON'T WORRY! We all have to give him time once he steps back on the floor. No one (and I'm not saying anyone is) should jump on his back and say that he's done with the Warriors.

DON'T WORRY & DON'T WRITE HIM OFF (and I'm not saying anyone is)!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:43 pm
Whats Richardsons role when he comes back? Well all I know is he better be playing defense. I dont think Nelson will have a problem benching him if he doesnt play D, just like he did DUng and Murph. Now JRich has 10X the amount of heart as those combined, so i dont think it will be a problem.

I see JRich starting and playing 30+ minutes. But if his D isnt up to par I can easily see SJax and Pietrus taking some minutes.

Its gonna be interesting to see who gets benched between SJax and Pietrus.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:17 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:Whats Richardsons role when he comes back? Well all I know is he better be playing defense. I dont think Nelson will have a problem benching him if he doesnt play D, just like he did DUng and Murph. Now JRich has 10X the amount of heart as those combined, so i dont think it will be a problem.

I see JRich starting and playing 30+ minutes. But if his D isnt up to par I can easily see SJax and Pietrus taking some minutes.

Its gonna be interesting to see who gets benched between SJax and Pietrus.

Pietrus. He is just too out of control and makes silly fouls. He is great running the floor and attacking the rim but SJax is so much more polished. The Warriors need to stay in a flow when they play and ive often thought that Pietrus just screws it up sometimes. I would love to Richardson getting most of his minutes at the 3 spot next to Monta and BD. He will play much better as a 3 without as much ballhandling responsibilities or having to guard quick 2's. He will also be around the rim alot more so I expect to see many of his famous dunk follows on missed shots.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:10 am
All I've heard from Nellie is that he can't wait to have him back on the court with Monta and Baron... I doubt he misses time to anyone. If anything, Barnes, Sambucca and Pietrus may lose some minutes.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:48 pm
when Jason was along side Jim and chuckles in the Bobcats game he said he is in great shape, all the time off he has been working hard to get into good shape, and he should be good to run and gun, I friggin cant wait. anybody know when he is due back?
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball