J-Rich's Role Upon his Return?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:13 pm
Paper today said Al is a solid #2.

I know J aint in the shape he was last year carrying us, so is he gonna slow us down? Or have an impact scoring 18-25 a night?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:15 pm
he will start. he will do ok. he won't score more than 18 ppg because he's hurt and has other players on his team
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:34 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:he will start. he will do ok. he won't score more than 18 ppg because he's hurt and has other players on his team

When can we take the "he's hurt" tag off of JRich? He's supposed to be fully healed from his broken hand by the all star break. They showed him running around full blast on his knee the other day. I really don't want to hear injury related excuses if he is still struggling with wide open shots when he gets back.

It is quite possible that his style just doesn't fit with Nelly's. We may just have to deal with that and make decisions after he has been back for a couple of weeks. Of course it would be awesome if he could get back to where he was last year, but let's just say the knee is healed and move on.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 pm
jsw548 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:he will start. he will do ok. he won't score more than 18 ppg because he's hurt and has other players on his team

When can we take the "he's hurt" tag off of JRich?

when he's no longer hurt :roll:
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:23 pm
jsw548 wrote:It is quite possible that his style just doesn't fit with Nelly's. We may just have to deal with that and make decisions after he has been back for a couple of weeks. Of course it would be awesome if he could get back to where he was last year, but let's just say the knee is healed and move on.

Whoa there, J-Rich is not a half-court player he was and has been a slashing to the rim player, he of all people would thrive in Nellie's run and gun offense. Espcially the way he was shooting the ball last year, J can run and gun with the best of them its unfortunate that he was injured this season.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:11 am
J-Rich weakness is his ballhandling and he will have a hard time creating in the open court!!!

His game is suited to in getting the ball in the half court. Then creating off of screens and attacking the hoop where he is most effective!!!

His defense is only average and his FT shooting is still a weakness!!!

60 million for averages of 15 or 16 pts ain't worth it for this team that still has many weakness!!!

I would trade Monta while his trade value is high. Reason being is that he plays the same position as BD. And the team has to make a move now since alot of the core players are in their prime!!! Monta won't get major minutes at the 1 if BD is on the team. BD will probably play another 5 or 6 yrs for the team. The team can't wait for him to fully develop while the rest of the team is trying to win now!!!

If we didn't have BD I'd say keep Monta but if he (Monta) can bring another piece to the puzzle I'd say trade him!!!
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:20 am
60 million for averages of 15 or 16 pts ain't worth it for this team

This is close to being the most stupid thing I've ever heard....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:38 am
breezer_79 wrote:

Then you haven't read the rest of the post... :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:43 am
J-Rich wrote:His game is suited to in getting the ball in the half court. Then creating off of screens and attacking the hoop where he is most effective!!!

If this was true, it would be good for the team. We have all complained about the Ws half-court offense, one guy going one-on-five while the others rest.

If JR can create by going off screens and attacking the hoop that would be a good, not a bad thing.

He will be fine in the fastbreak offense anyway. It will take him a week or so to get into the flow when he returns.

Why complain about a guy that has played close to all-star ball for years, is not old and has simply suffered from injuries? I hope this is not the stupid old argument that athletes can somehow play through their injuries.

And, think about the great depth the Ws will enjoy and hopefully take advantage of.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:15 pm
J-Rich wrote: I would trade Monta while his trade value is high. Reason being is that he plays the same position as BD. And the team has to make a move now since alot of the core players are in their prime!!! Monta won't get major minutes at the 1 if BD is on the team. BD will probably play another 5 or 6 yrs for the team. The team can't wait for him to fully develop while the rest of the team is trying to win now!!!

If we didn't have BD I'd say keep Monta but if he (Monta) can bring another piece to the puzzle I'd say trade him!!!

No breezer, this may be the stupidest thing ive ever heard... :withstupid:

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:13 pm
Indeed, they will never trade Count Montula.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:20 pm
breezer_79 wrote:

it's close to the smartest thing j-rich has said on this forum :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:00 pm
I just cut the quote down a little as I could as I didn't feel the need to go through the entire ridiculous post. People jumping on Richardson about not producing this year really gets me pissed off. All players that have knee injuries take a while to come back. Part of the reason is because they need to test that joints full range of motion during a game and the other being that they need to regain confidence in it. Look at the stats on any player that has gone down with an injury like that and show me that their numbers didn't drop.....it just doesn't happen. Anyways, I know I'm preaching to the choir somewhat so I'll shut up.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:23 pm
jsw548 wrote:When can we take the "he's hurt" tag off of JRich? He's supposed to be fully healed from his broken hand by the all star break. They showed him running around full blast on his knee the other day. I really don't want to hear injury related excuses if he is still struggling with wide open shots when he gets back.

It is quite possible that his style just doesn't fit with Nelly's. We may just have to deal with that and make decisions after he has been back for a couple of weeks. Of course it would be awesome if he could get back to where he was last year, but let's just say the knee is healed and move on.

That's a last resort. Richardson struggled earlier on with (visibly) less explosion and a slower first step. This effects a lot more aspects than simply dunks; the jump on his shot was off, his rebounding dipped, he couldn't run the floor with the rest of the team, and he suffered on defense. Richardson's hand doesn't worry me; his knee does. Once his legs are back at 100%, we'll see the real JRich.

This team has been scoring in bunches lately. Don't forget; nobody else on the team (Al, SJax, Monta, ect) besides Baron is a 23-24 PPG scorer. Richardson can still average 20 points with this lineup.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:10 am
#32 wrote:That's a last resort. Richardson struggled earlier on with (visibly) less explosion and a slower first step. This effects a lot more aspects than simply dunks; the jump on his shot was off, his rebounding dipped, he couldn't run the floor with the rest of the team, and he suffered on defense. Richardson's hand doesn't worry me; his knee does. Once his legs are back at 100%, we'll see the real JRich.

This team has been scoring in bunches lately. Don't forget; nobody else on the team (Al, SJax, Monta, ect) besides Baron is a 23-24 PPG scorer. Richardson can still average 20 points with this lineup.

Yeah, it's too early to be ripping on Richardson, who was in top 15 scoring last year i think, but i also think he may score less, now that we have a lot more offensive options.

Also Al is averaging 24+ as a Warrior, we'll see how that continues, and Monta still brings a solid 17+ or double digit points either starting or coming off the bench every game.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball