Finally David Stern thinking of doing something good.....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:50 am
They can't do this fast enough.

Ban flopping and flinging in all of their many forms!

Also, screaming to draw fouls is, well, annoying at best.

And, when Shaque comes back, please call an offensive foul the first time he lowers his shoulder and knocks the defender back. Allowing him to play like that all these years has created some of these problems.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:43 am
So, to recap, this Warriors board wants the league to fix...

- Flopping
- Calls when the offensive player initiates contact in the air
- Star calls

... anything else? That's a pretty good start. How about all the loose technicals?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:49 am
#32 wrote:So, to recap, this Warriors board wants the league to fix...

- Flopping
- Star calls

... anything else? That's a pretty good start. How about all the loose technicals?

Yeah, that too. They also have to fix the tickets and food prices at the Oracle and a few things more. Should we prepare a memo and send it to Stern? :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:15 am
TMC wrote:

- Flopping
- Star calls

Yeah, that too. They also have to fix the tickets and food prices at the Oracle and a few things more. Should we prepare a memo and send it to Stern? :mrgreen:

Dear David Stern,
Fix this shît
signed,
A few guys who see 5-10 games per year and a couple dozen foreigners who see their games illegally

:mrgreen:
Last edited by tHe_pEsTiLeNcE on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
All Star
TMC wrote:

- Flopping
- Star calls

And I believe if they do that and make Migya and me in charge of the Warriors girls costumes, all will be well in the world. I would propose they dress somewhat like Blondie on my sig. Would make for some very entertaining viewing 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup

- Flopping
- Star calls

add this...

~W~ wrote:What they should do is take away pass and crash fouls!!! Those are annoying especially when it has nothing to do with the plays. I love Steve Nash but c'mon he dilberately slides under players on fast breaks when they pass to get a offensive foul. That isn't playing defense, that should be ILLEGAL.

This happens a lot during 2 on 1 breaks also, which is silly, and rewards the defensive of player for being lazy!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 am
TMC wrote:

- Flopping
- Star calls

Issue refunds for those who bought a Dunleavey and Murphy jersey!!!!! (I never got one but to fans who were believers its only fair to refund their money!!!)!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 am
Whatever happened to free pizza if and when we score over a 100????? :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:19 am
~W~ wrote:Whatever happened to free pizza if and when we score over a 100????? :banghead:

now I think we should get free pizza if the Ws hold the opposition to less than 100...hell, as often as that happens, we should get the lobster dinner!

ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:22 am
coltraning wrote:
~W~ wrote:Whatever happened to free pizza if and when we score over a 100????? :banghead:

now I think we should get free pizza if the Ws hold the opposition to less than 100...hell, as often as that happens, we should get the lobster dinner!

If that ever happens, I would be chanting DEFENSE on every play!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:24 am
~W~ wrote:
coltraning wrote:

If that ever happens, I would be chanting DEFENSE on every play!!!

yeah, you want to see rioting in the stands, give out Ruth Chris steak dinners instead of lukewarm pizza...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:35 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

- Flopping
- Star calls

Dear David Stern,
Fix this shît
signed,
A few guys who see 5-10 games per year and a couple dozen foreigners who see their games illegally

Yeah, sort of... or better yet:

Dear David Stern,
Fix this shît
signed,

PS: Please, if it's not too much work, remember to remove your head from your ass before thinking of another fascist rule you'd like to impose.

Take care.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:17 pm

That was back when our PPG average wasn't even close to 100.

I remember watching the games on TV, the Warriors would be down by 30, but as soon as they hit 100 points, the entire crowd would errupt. It wasn't until I actually went to a game and heard the announcer cheer, "Free Challupas for everybody!" that I knew what was going on.

Back then, the Warriors organization needed to find other ways to entertain the fans because they sure couldn't do it with basketball. But, in a way, I kinda wish those kickass half-time shows came back...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:20 pm
we dont need to give them Ts, just DONT BLOW THE WHISTLE!!!

Let defensive players take themselves out of the play by flopping, and if its a REAL LEGIT charge then they can call it, let the defense risk that. But i don't see why players need to fall over for it to be a charge, i remember Dunleavy stood clear in the lane i believe against the Jazz got ran right into and didn't budge, didn't fall, and got called for a blocking foul in the middle of the lane.

Why can't refs, REF games like its the last minute of a close game. and we hear annoucer's say, "Good no call, you can't call that at this juncture of the game" why can't it be like that for 48 minutes.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball