If Stephen Jackson goes to jail . . .

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 pm
Since you said "Oakley," what the hell is up with all these possibility rumors of Charles Oakley returning?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:30 am
Charles Oakley is such an ODB, he could play at the age of 100. The man would probably still outwork young kids when he's 80. No joke. I wouldn't mind seeing Oak in the league again, but I don't think anyone's got a role for him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:56 am
#32 wrote:Charles Oakley is such an ODB, he could play at the age of 100. The man would probably still outwork young kids when he's 80. No joke. I wouldn't mind seeing Oak in the league again, but I don't think anyone's got a role for him.

The real end of his career was that missed dunk a few years back. One of the most painful things to watch in NBA history. Oak was on a wide open fastbreak, went up to dunk it and barely jumped high enough to get the ball to the rim, let alone dunk it. He missed horribly and Karl Malone got a fast break on the other side and, making fun of Oakley, took a little two foot jumper instead of dunking it.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:58 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:Charles Oakley is such an ODB, he could play at the age of 100. The man would probably still outwork young kids when he's 80. No joke. I wouldn't mind seeing Oak in the league again, but I don't think anyone's got a role for him.

The real end of his career was that missed dunk a few years back. One of the most painful things to watch in NBA history. Oak was on a wide open fastbreak, went up to dunk it and barely jumped high enough to get the ball to the rim, let alone dunk it. He missed horribly and Karl Malone got a fast break on the other side and, making fun of Oakley, took a little two foot jumper instead of dunking it.

And?. Doing that didn't end Foyle's career... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:05 am
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Foyle is a lot worse than Oakley....

on a separate note:
Oakley used to be a promising athletic small forward who averaged 20 ppg and 15 rpg alongside jordan in the playoffs.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:13 am
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

and...when exactly did Foyle START his career? :crybaby:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:12 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

I remember that. I also remember Karl Malone not being able to jam for his last, like, 3 seasons, so I was pissed when I was him pull that. Oakley should have knocked his teeth out (and probably could have).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball