Matt Barnes the Energizing 6th man we need?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13511
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:28 am
I think, like Baron did last year, Deron plays better WITH Fisher, rather than one-after-the-other.

DFish is a PG, so he'll get you a good pass every now and then... but he's also a nice shooter, so he's an offensive weapon. Deron and Derek are like twin combo guards assuming the roles of playmaking and scoring, respectively... kinda what the Knicks wish they could get outta Marbury and Francis (who, I thought, had more talent).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:32 am
#32 wrote:I think, like Baron did last year, Deron plays better WITH Fisher, rather than one-after-the-other.

DFish is a PG, so he'll get you a good pass every now and then... but he's also a nice shooter, so he's an offensive weapon. Deron and Derek are like twin combo guards assuming the roles of playmaking and scoring, respectively... kinda what the Knicks wish they could get outta Marbury and Francis (who, I thought, had more talent).


:dontknow: I think that they are playing Fish and Deron together because CJ Miles and Brewer are too raw and Giricek sucks.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13511
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:44 am
Well, yeah. The reason they make the best combination out there is because they're the best players the Jazz have... and they just happen to compliment each other.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 am
Deron dropped 21 dimes last game - kid is the real deal at PG
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13511
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:13 pm
Yeah, the 3 PG's outta last year's draft were all hyped to be for real... the problem is, everybody expected Raymond Felton to break out first. Last year was Chris Paul, this year was Deron Williams... and still no huge break for Raymond. :oops:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:29 pm
#32 wrote:Yeah, the 3 PG's outta last year's draft were all hyped to be for real... the problem is, everybody expected Raymond Felton to break out first.


Not me. I've always believed Deron was going to be the best of the crop, even above Paul. And even that's up in the air with the kind of season Deron is having...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13511
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:12 pm
I don't know about that. Deron Williams is good, sure, but Chris Paul is still averaging better numbers than him this season (18 and 9).

Although I do think that Chris Paul's gotten a little worse since last year. Sure, his points and assists per night are slightly up (2 more points, 1 more dime), but he's dropped 6% on his FT's and his 3's. Plus, his rebounding isn't as strong, his turnovers have gone up, and he's no longer grabbing 2 steals a night (last I saw, he was at 1.8 an evening... which doesn't look as good as the 2.2 he got as a rookie).

I dunno about you, but I don't think there's any reason Paul's 3-pointers or FT's should start sucking. That's just laziness.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:22 am
#32 wrote:I don't know about that. Deron Williams is good, sure, but Chris Paul is still averaging better numbers than him this season (18 and 9).

Although I do think that Chris Paul's gotten a little worse since last year. Sure, his points and assists per night are slightly up (2 more points, 1 more dime), but he's dropped 6% on his FT's and his 3's. Plus, his rebounding isn't as strong, his turnovers have gone up, and he's no longer grabbing 2 steals a night (last I saw, he was at 1.8 an evening... which doesn't look as good as the 2.2 he got as a rookie).

I dunno about you, but I don't think there's any reason Paul's 3-pointers or FT's should start sucking. That's just laziness.


I know... I just thought, at the time of the draft, that Deron's game was going to translate better on the pro level than Paul's. I was definitely wrong about that...
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron