Game Thread: New Jersey Nets @ Warriors 2007-01-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back and beat the Nets?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:15 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 18

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:50 am
Quazza wrote:just saw the hifghlights.Gotta saybig up Baron.Helluva play,coulda easy tried to be the "man"and do it all himself but after grabbin the board saw a wide open monta......splash!

Yeah. Baron did the right thing. I was almost sure he was going to take the shot himself... but he took the best option. :headbang:

Terrible first quarter, and I was sure we were done with 4 minutes left... but what a great comeback. We really needed this win. Losing the first 3 games after the trade (2 at the Oracle) would have been difficult to overcome for this team. We need to build our playoff chances on the next 10 games.

btw, WHO SAID A WHILE AGO THAT MONTA WASN'T CLUTCH???.

:D
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:25 am
Well I'll be damned. I was watching the play by plays at work, but had to leave to catch the train with just under 4 mins left. I saw the start of the run and thought we might have a chance but never expected to get home and see this. Best surprise of the year so far for me!! Great win!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:26 am
Great Victory & Huge Confidence & Momentum Booster :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:12 am
DazMan32 wrote:Bout time we won a close one, Monta your a star!!!

Yes Sir

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:29 am
Huge, huge win last night for the Warriors. Down 11 with four minutes to go and they somehow pull it out. I will be the first to admit I thought they were done and I was not happy about it. However, they proved me and many others wrong with this stunning come from behind win. A few observations:

1. The player of the game for the Warriors was Matt Barnes. His energy off the bench in rebounding, hitting a few threes and playing well on the defensive end helped pick up the Warriors in the first half and also in the second half as well. Barnes said before the game he was going to focus on the little things and that is exactly what he did. He may not get the attention and notoriety of Monta, who hit the game winner, but without Barnes the Warriors would not have been in the position they were to win that game.

2. Monta's shot was clutch!! The fact that a young guy like that is able to step up to the plate and deliver for the Warriors was huge. This will only continue to build his confidence even more.

3. Both Monta and Baron need to quick chucking threes. Specifically Monta. Ellis shoots and shoots and shoots from three-point land and rarely connects. What is interesting is that if takes a step or two inside the three-point arc, his percentage goesd way up. I think Monta needs to continue focusing on his mid-range jumpers and drives to the basket. If so, his effectiveness on the floor will rise even more.

4. I know it is early, but Stephen Jackson slows down the tempo for the Warriors when he is in the game. Watching him it looks like his sole purpose is to draw fouls and get to the line. Now that is not bad once in a while, but he seems to get the ball in the post and do very little other than trying to draw a foul and he does not get the calls all the time which end up in wasted possessions for the Warriors. I think Barnes showed Nellie tonight that he can and will play just as well if not better than Jackson if given the chance.

5. I would still like to see the ball moved around more on offense. My brother-in-law was watching the game with me and he even commented that the Warriors stand around too much on offense and watch the person with the ball. This team needs to cut, slash and set some screens to keep the offensive flow moving. It is nice to be a run and gun team, but if teams, such as the Nets, are able to dictate pace as they did in the first half, the Warriors have to be able to execute in the half-court set or they could find themselves in an early hole as they did last night.

A great win as mentioned earlier! Great unselfishness from Baron. The Warriors needed that one badly last night and got it. Timberwolves last as well so that made it even better. Now, let's how the Warriors can make it two in a row against Bobcats on Saturday night!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm
Ok so it wasnt a blowout but Ill take it...
Last edited by zshook on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:12 pm
TMC wrote:btw, WHO SAID A WHILE AGO THAT MONTA WASN'T CLUTCH???.

I dunno if I said he wasn't clutch, but I definately said he's too green to be taking game-winning shots.

In my face, I guess. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:46 pm
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:btw, WHO SAID A WHILE AGO THAT MONTA WASN'T CLUTCH???.

I dunno if I said he wasn't clutch, but I definately said he's too green to be taking game-winning shots.

In my face, I guess. :wink:

Taken like a man. I'm proud of you, buddy. :D

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:29 pm
HUGE WIN! Truth be told I was sure we'd lose. It looked like the Nets couldn't miss and we couldn't shoot. If they didn't have 18 turnovers, no way we win. Al is the real deal, I like him in the paint with Biedrins because both are athletic and can board without clogging the lane for our slashers. As for the Nets - they could not have played any better, while we played pretty awful unitl the end of the game really. Jason Kidd is still putting it down - 34 years old, crazy wife and all. That no look lob for an alleyoop was sick. Damn, I hope that guy gets a ring before he retires.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:07 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:Jason Kidd is still putting it down - 34 years old, crazy wife and all. That no look lob for an alleyoop was sick. Damn, I hope that guy gets a ring before he retires.

Not likely... unless he's traded to a contender. And with his contract, I doubt any contender will trade for him.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:21 am
TMC wrote:
sleepyfloyd wrote:Jason Kidd is still putting it down - 34 years old, crazy wife and all. That no look lob for an alleyoop was sick. Damn, I hope that guy gets a ring before he retires.

Not likely... unless he's traded to a contender. And with his contract, I doubt any contender will trade for him.

I can think about 3-4 teams that would lvoe to trade for Kidd and his contract to get rid of their decent/above average players and rookies. Lakers being one of them, but the problem is the Nets would probably ask for too much in return.

Man, tell me you saw the game last night against the Clips?!?! Another buzzer beater, 3 buzzer beaters in 3 consecutive games for the nets to lose by a total of 3 points.... OUCH!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:22 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:HUGE WIN! Truth be told I was sure we'd lose. It looked like the Nets couldn't miss and we couldn't shoot. If they didn't have 18 turnovers, no way we win. Al is the real deal, I like him in the paint with Biedrins because both are athletic and can board without clogging the lane for our slashers. As for the Nets - they could not have played any better, while we played pretty awful unitl the end of the game really. Jason Kidd is still putting it down - 34 years old, crazy wife and all. That no look lob for an alleyoop was sick. Damn, I hope that guy gets a ring before he retires.

J-Kidd was awesome, though his 8 turnovers hurt the cause. Weird game Ws looked horrible, came all the way back, looked bad again, came back to take the lead, looked atrocious and then owned the Nets the last 4 minutes - odd one, but glad for the win. This is the first game since the trade where Nelson had all the pieces he wanted on the court in the final few...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:23 am
coltraning wrote:
sleepyfloyd wrote:HUGE WIN! Truth be told I was sure we'd lose. It looked like the Nets couldn't miss and we couldn't shoot. If they didn't have 18 turnovers, no way we win. Al is the real deal, I like him in the paint with Biedrins because both are athletic and can board without clogging the lane for our slashers. As for the Nets - they could not have played any better, while we played pretty awful unitl the end of the game really. Jason Kidd is still putting it down - 34 years old, crazy wife and all. That no look lob for an alleyoop was sick. Damn, I hope that guy gets a ring before he retires.

J-Kidd was awesome, though his 8 turnovers hurt the cause. Weird game Ws looked horrible, came all the way back, looked bad again, came back to take the lead, looked atrocious and then owned the Nets the last 4 minutes - odd one, but glad for the win. This is the first game since the trade where Nelson had all the pieces he wanted on the court in the final few...

hmmm.... I say all but one... He would love to have J Rich back with this team...Don't you agree?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:34 am
~W~ wrote:
TMC wrote:

I can think about 3-4 teams that would lvoe to trade for Kidd and his contract to get rid of their decent/above average players and rookies. Lakers being one of them, but the problem is the Nets would probably ask for too much in return.

Yeah, the problem is not this season... the problem is that he has two more years at $20 million. It won't be enough to give them young guys (because their salaries will be too low). A vet or two would also have to be involved in the trade, and they can't be really good because it would damage the team and they'd also have to be expirers.

I'm just saying it's a difficult trade. Not impossible, but not everybody will be in a position to do it.
Previous

Return to Game Threads