SPECULATION: Warriors to get Jersey and logo overhaul

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you want the Dubs to have a new logo and Jersey next season ?

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes : 19

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:43 am
Hey,

Just thought i'd let you guys know that the warriors team store is having a end of season sale! (www.warriorsteamstore.com) it's only open to U.S and i think Canadian residents. But i am frequently checking it's stock to fantasize about all the hoodies, Jerseys, Bedspreads, Socks , Pant etc i could be rocking in the land of Oz.

But to me it's interesting that they are having a end of year sale, I don't remember anything like this in the past, And i believe that we might get new Jerseys and logo designs next season because usually they announce this stuff right in time to have there fresh rookies wearing the new draft day cap.

Obviously those Najera (Salsa Coloured) alternative jersey gives us a very femine look. ( something you'd expect in a Hustler photoshoot ) Anyways i'd really like to see a Georgia Tech Colourway, something that shows our GOLDEN ROOTS ( Not yellow, But GOLD )

Anyways Peace!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:35 am
Good stuff Pawn.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:38 am
I say we go back to the late 80s early 90s stuff. Bright blue and yellow.
No more thunder ridiculousness.

Lets drop the Orange and the dark dark blue, get back to those bright colors.

This is probably the first time I've every said it, but I agree with Pawno, gold would be cool. Wow, look what a little winning can do.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:43 am
I doubt they're gonna change the logo since the end of year sale is just on the throwback stuff.

I just want to see them wear the black/gold jerseys during throwback nights.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:38 am
I remember at the end of Jrich's rookie year they had a big tent sale. i bought everyone in the family shirts. i wonder if its the simular. i myself wouldnt mind a color/lego change
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:50 pm
leave it alone

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:07 pm
It might be a nice change for the new look Warriors.
Hip Hop Fashion Magazine for Sale! E-Mail me at BJ23@tampabay.rr.com or AIM at OPLBDog

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:46 pm
I say change to Oakland Warriors! :D

I was wondering that day which team(s) are going to have new jerseys next season.....you know, this season the Jazz and Memphis changed their logos, jerseys and designs. What do you think?

*Sorry for hijacking*
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:18 am
I think it's less likely of a name change to Oakland Warriors with the arrival of Baron Davis.

My reasons for this explanation is that the rest of California Hoops are a joke. I think people in other parts of California. Sacramento , L.A are proud to have a team like the Golden State Warriors on the turnaround.

Where only 6 months away before the Game releases a follow up to his debut album "The Documentary" and i bet they are in the process of filming the latest filmclip for whatever hot track he is releasing next and there will be plenty of BD #5 jerseys rocking in it. no doubt. ( the Bloods will put down there red for some Cali Warriors Blue )
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:01 pm
RunTMC wrote:I say we go back to the late 80s early 90s stuff. Bright blue and yellow.
No more thunder ridiculousness.

Lets drop the Orange and the dark dark blue, get back to those bright colors.

This is probably the first time I've every said it, but I agree with Pawno, gold would be cool. Wow, look what a little winning can do.

couldn't agree more, either go back to the late 80's/early 90's blue and gold or take the city jerseys and "un-city" them.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:27 pm
Gotta switch it up. It is definatly time for a change. I like the jersey's from the Run era. I also like The City look. Our image as a team has changes I think changing our look as far as our logo and jersey's would compliment the change nicely. Look what it did for Denver. We definatly gotta lose that Thunder guy and the lightning bolt. As much as I love my squad I refuse to wear a hat, shirt, sweater, etc with that silly logo on it.
While we are making changes we should lose Bob Fitzgerald and change the slogan "its a great timeout" to something else.
It may be premature and believe me, I am one of Chris Mullins biggest fans (both as a player and GM), but I like what Larry Riley is doing. At least so far....

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:20 pm
Along with the jerseys should go "its a great time out" and GTOe. I have nightmares of that song that goes "its a great time.. to have a ball. its a great time to let it go. its great Warriors basketball.. its a great time out..." running through my head with Adonal Foyle trying to conga.... :banghead:

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:40 pm
colligreen wrote:We definatly gotta lose that Thunder guy and the lightning bolt. As much as I love my squad I refuse to wear a hat, shirt, sweater, etc with that silly logo on it.

I gotta agree. All my Warriors gear either have the old early 90's look or the "new" old school City logo. I can't get my self to wear let alone buy anything with our normal lightning bolt logos.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:36 am
I got the newer white jersey and the retro black jersey. I like them both.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:01 pm
I think they should keep the jersey the way it is with the new logo, but have another alternate jersey where instead of the warriors across the chest it says OAKLAND. I think it would be cool if they brought those out out of nowhere on a nationally televised game.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball