Worst Song on the Radio right now...

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:51 pm
If I gotta hear some retarded Harlem halfwit scream "BALLIN'!!!!" one more time, I'm cutting somebody's throat. The real version's bad enough (I'm not too fond of crack dealers rapping to begin with), but when high school freshman start screaming that crap at the nearby school when I'm trying to play some decent ball with my buddies... #32 gets fuckin violent.

The beat's a cheap ass one, too. Everybody seems to think it's bumping... but it sounds the same, no matter if you got a system or not. My buddy (who owns a stock system in his 91' Ford Ranger) used to love that beat... than he heard it in my car and was like, "What the ****? It STILL has no ****ing bass??"...

One vote's gotta go to "We Fly High" by Jim Jones... AND the goddamn remix. :roll:

Anybody else got a song that everyone else seems to love that makes your head explode?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:55 pm
Green Day-- I can't stand them. Holy ****, if I hear the boulevard dream song again, I'm going to tail-end a guy. 107.7 the Bone shouldn't have that kind of shitty music. It's a disgrace.

Thankfully, a lot of the time I'll listen to Murph and Mac in the morning in the car. Anyone else listen to Murph and Mac?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:15 am
I hated that "Ballin!" sh*t from the beginning. Our varsity QB was yelling that out a sh*t load of times during the week. He's our star and all, and it was rivalry week, but c'mon, cut the crap. Not a fan of most of those Harlem/New York artists. If you want my opinion, I think all the New York artists are wack. Fat Joe, 50 Cent, Nas, Ja Rule. I can go with the underground. We're in the bay, I want to hear bay music. Not that crap from the east(no offense). It's just not loved in the bay as it may in the big apple.

And yes, I hate that fake rock sh*t. Bands like Green Day and Fall Out Boy piss me the f*ck off. Those are some wack/fake rock bands. Now Korn and Metallica? Now we're talking.

I bump the latest bay slaps that go hard either when I'm driving, playing ball, taking a shower, or ect. It all depends on my mood really. But overall, I can't stand all those wack ass beats with the annoyin' middle school/high school lyrics such as "Ballin!" Oh please, the west is more ballin than you. And we've been dead since guys like Pac died.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:53 am
#32 wrote:Everybody seems to think it's bumping... but it sounds the same, no matter if you got a system or not.

That sounds a lot like everything I've heard in the last... 5 years or so.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:31 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Everybody seems to think it's bumping... but it sounds the same, no matter if you got a system or not.

amen TMC
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:11 pm
TMC wrote:

Ouch, that hurts. E-40's album last year was banging. And I seriously think the reason it was such a huge success was not because of some bullshit "renaissance in Bay Area music" (most of Hyphy is crap)... I think it's because he put some serious money into it. The album had a ton of guests, legit beats, and was hyped well.

Anybody who believes "My Ghetto Report Card" was an underground hit is an idiot. E-40 didn't sell-out, but he put out a mainstream album (which is why it sold well).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:17 pm
Also Lil Jon produced & promoted it making it appealing to the south market and I think this CD was on a major label instead of his independent Sic Wit It label so more doors were opened like BET's 106'N Park appearance & write ups in magazines and AllHipHop.com, plus his 2 singles were perfect for the radio..
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:34 am
True but mostly everyone, which is probably entirely everyone outside the bay were not feeling what E-40 was trying to promote... the hyphy movement. I was watching E-40 perform "Tell Me When to Go" on 106 and Park and when I looked at the crowd, it seemed as if they though 40 and Keak looked like idiots going dumb. My honest opinion is the hyphy movement may never be a success unless it stays in the bay or visits down in socal.

But other than that, I could care less what others think of the hyphy movement. Most New York artists are crap, actually all are crap except the underground. The east coast gets its popularity because they're from the Big Apple itself and MTV commercials their wack sh*t. The Dirrty has a ton of talent. I've never heard their underground due to the fact they're always getting new artists come out like every some months or so.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:56 am
anything Thizz or whats his name....Mac Dre or any rapper associated with him or hiffy.

Im seriously embarresed to be born and raised in the Bay when our best rappers make little to no sense at all.

Lets get stupid.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:05 am
Well I don't like most of the hypy stuff except Keak, but some of the beats knock especially Ric Rock beats & Mac Dre was on some old school hip hop influenced witty pimp sh*t, but he would say some funny stuff & a lot of his beats were tight :!: R.I.P.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:33 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:Well I don't like most of the hypy stuff except Keak, but some of the beats knock especially Ric Rock beats & Mac Dre was on some old school hip hop influenced witty pimp sh*t, but he would say some funny stuff & a lot of his beats were tight :!: R.I.P.

Yea beats are cool. But im more of a lyrics guy than a beats guy. Keak da Sneak? havent heard too much of him. Guys i used to like from Nor Cal are X-Rated, Brotha Lynch Hung from Sac. Spice 1, Pac, some Too Short, some Loonies from Bay.

Actually have a buddy who won 94.9's Battle if the Rappers. DC the King. If you listened. He won 5 nights in a row.

Return to Off-Topic Forum