Game Thread: New Jersey Nets @ Warriors 2007-01-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back and beat the Nets?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:15 pm

YES
17
94%
NO
1
6%
 
Total votes : 18

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:22 pm
can someone fill me in!!??been watchin the box scores but cant wait for the recap!!!Help!!!!:)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:25 pm
W's were down 11 with 4 minutes remaining and they come back.

Baron 3pt play --> Baron 3 FT's --> Harrington 3.

Then Harrington scores a lil more. Baron gets rebound off a missed Nets 3 (that was close). like 6 seconds to go, and Baron dishes to Monta who swishes the game winner.

Rookie
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Fremont
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:27 pm
WWWWWHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOHHHHH MONTA URE A SAVAGE! :D hands down. whatta comeback, simply breathtaking
Warriors are BAAAALLLLIINN!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:32 pm
Man - I really thought it was done when they were down 11 with 4 minutes - they had climbed all the way back twice, up 87-84, then outscored 20-6. Hilarious graphic, this historical win probability. I kid you not, at 104-93 it said 97% likelihood of Jersey winning. Maybe not the best win of the year, but would have been an utterly demoralizing loss and obviosuly the most esciting win of the year...Harrington is the real deal. Great clutch by Monta and I really liked how Baron involved everyone, Barnes also strong. Pietrus was godawful - ya know, he is just not a smart player. Biedrins also strong and I like how he and Jasikevicius play off each other. Great great win.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:42 pm
You wanna talk about comebacks? Let's talk Warriors my brothers. From missed layups to horrific three point shooting, it seemed as if people were going to start believing and b*tching over how this trade has not panned out the way they thought. To rally a comeback as a team and to end with a clutch shot with a young gun, you just had to believe in these Warriors. They showed why they're called the Warriors tonight.

Now that's basketball baby!
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:49 pm
I saw that probability and I was just numbed being so pissed, at that point. On that last jack by Baron on a 3 pointer, I heard some boos in the crowd, but he atoned for it hitting his 3 foul shots. And whenever he was still jackin’ it up, I was like NOOOOO! Another time. Just take it to the hole!

But what a performance by Big Al, Monta, and Dre--and Matt! But finally, Monta turned the lights out like the freakin’ bomb!
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Victoria, Australia
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:57 pm
Bout time we won a close one, Monta your a star!!!
NICE WORK MULLY!!!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:05 am
CjR wrote:I saw that probability and I was just numbed being so pissed, at that point. On that last jack by Baron on a 3 pointer, I heard some boos in the crowd, but he atoned for it hitting his 3 foul shots. And whenever he was still jackin’ it up, I was like NOOOOO! Another time. Just take it to the hole!

But what a performance by Big Al, Monta, and Dre--and Matt! But finally, Monta turned the lights out like the freakin’ bomb!


Well you know, when I was looking at the win probability for the Warriors at 97% of a chance to win for the Nets and only a mere 3% for the Dubs, I knew right then and there, they were going to get on a run. If you've noticed, everytime that win probability gets brought up, the game shifts to the other team that has a low, less likely chance.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Victoria, Australia
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:06 am
The recap is now up on nba.com
NICE WORK MULLY!!!
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:14 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
CjR wrote:I saw that probability and I was just numbed being so pissed, at that point. On that last jack by Baron on a 3 pointer, I heard some boos in the crowd, but he atoned for it hitting his 3 foul shots. And whenever he was still jackin’ it up, I was like NOOOOO! Another time. Just take it to the hole!

But what a performance by Big Al, Monta, and Dre--and Matt! But finally, Monta turned the lights out like the freakin’ bomb!


Well you know, when I was looking at the win probability for the Warriors at 97% of a chance to win for the Nets and only a mere 3% for the Dubs, I knew right then and there, they were going to get on a run. If you've noticed, everytime that win probability gets brought up, the game shifts to the other team that has a low, less likely chance.


I don’t know about getting a win, though, and with such huge lopsidedness. This was pretty much, signed, sealed, and delivered.
For me, I think taking off my sig at that exact time had something to do with it. :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:18 am
CjR wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
CjR wrote:I saw that probability and I was just numbed being so pissed, at that point. On that last jack by Baron on a 3 pointer, I heard some boos in the crowd, but he atoned for it hitting his 3 foul shots. And whenever he was still jackin’ it up, I was like NOOOOO! Another time. Just take it to the hole!

But what a performance by Big Al, Monta, and Dre--and Matt! But finally, Monta turned the lights out like the freakin’ bomb!


Well you know, when I was looking at the win probability for the Warriors at 97% of a chance to win for the Nets and only a mere 3% for the Dubs, I knew right then and there, they were going to get on a run. If you've noticed, everytime that win probability gets brought up, the game shifts to the other team that has a low, less likely chance.


I don’t know about getting a win, though, and with such huge lopsidedness. This was pretty much, signed, sealed, and delivered.
For me, I think taking off my sig at that exact time had something to do with it. :wink:


Now see.... that's ballin'.

Great game. Charlotte's up next. Morrison, Felton, Okafor, Wallace... Welcome to the bay.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:26 am
amazing how tight it was...17 out of 18 predicted a win (including me...)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:41 am
Great comeback! A win was needed and it happened! Great performances and things should build a bit from here
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:09 am
Monta! Clutch, game winning 3!

Saw the highlights. Shouldn't have come down to us coming back to win, but we win an exciting one. keep it up! I'd say 5 straight wins and the warriors are back.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:20 am
just saw the hifghlights.Gotta saybig up Baron.Helluva play,coulda easy tried to be the "man"and do it all himself but after grabbin the board saw a wide open monta......splash!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron