Game Thread: New Jersey Nets @ Warriors 2007-01-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors bounce back and beat the Nets?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:15 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 18

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:15 pm
New Jersey Nets (20-21) @ Golden State Warriors (19-23)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Mickael Pietrus
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the New Jersey Nets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Hassan Adams
SF - Vince Carter
PF - Jarron Collins
C - Mikki Moore

Team leaders this season
PPG - S. Jackson (29.0) | V. Carter (25.0)
RPG - A. Biedrins (12.0) | J. Kidd (8.3)
APG - B. Davis (8.6) | J. Kidd (9.1)
SPG - S. Jackson (5.0) | J. Kidd (1.9)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.9) | N. Krstic (0.9)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:58 am
Could be a close one but the Nets have been nothing much this season.

Warriors by 10

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:38 am
The Nets are in disarray. Everybody seems to be on the trading block... and Carter wants to leave at season's end. Plus, Lawrence Frank is lucky to still have a job.

They're still dangerous... but W's by 8.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:21 am
Yeah, Warriors by 10.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:47 pm
Warriors need to win this one or are they are going to break down.

Maybe nelson will change the lineups and rotations\

Praise nellie :D :D :D :D :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:53 pm
Lanevooo. wrote:Maybe nelson will change the lineups and rotations

I don't expect many changes. I'd like to see Barnes back in the rotation (doesn't matter if he comes from the bench, tho. I just think that he adds more than Powell), but, other than that, the two games since the trade have been close. In fact, we should have won against the Cavs...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:51 pm
We shuold have won the last 2 games. We got this one The Nets are with out RJ and we are getting better and better with the new guys.
Ws by 8
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:58 pm
Okay...

I'm glad the new Warriors are having fun, but its time to get serious. 2 straight losses after a packed trade is ridiculous (especially when both games were within reach at the very end of the game).

If the new Warriors are focused, it'll be a blowout. If not, another down-to-the-wire contest, with us losing by less than 5.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:57 pm
Quite simply, a must win for the Warriors tomorrow night. After two losses since the trade, the Warriors need to get the home crowd behind them and get a much needed win. The Warriors beat the Nets in mid-December and I expect them to win again tomorrow.

The Nets are a mess right now as others have eluded to. No Richard Jefferson and a sub-.500 record in a lousy Eastern Conference and more specifically, a rubbish Atlantic Division.

One player who has been playing very well for them is Mikki Moore. He brings energy, athleticism and size on the block for the Nets. He scored a career-high 22 last game and has had double-digit rebounding games in something like 12 of the last 13 games. He will not beat the Warriors, but he is someone the Warriors will have to watch out for.

I would love nothing more than to see the Warriors come out and play well AS A TEAM for 48 minutes and blow this team out of the gym. I think the Warriors are due for a blowout win and I have a feeling it will come tomorrow night.

I expect Nellie to mix and match players in his quest to find a standard rotation with the new players. All in all it will be a great Warriors win tomorrow night in the first of hopefully a good winning streak.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:38 pm
zshook wrote:We shuold have won the last 2 games. We got this one The Nets are with out RJ

Krstic too... He killed us the last time we played them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:40 pm
Well I know after last years ending to the Warriors/Nets game, they'll be looking for revenge. They couldn't even put up a shot to win/tie it.

This is just crazy though, can't be losing on a consecutive basis coming out of a trade. Indy won, why can't we? Time to step their game up
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:16 am
We should kill the Nets, they are starting some circus looking dudes lately.

But i wouldnt say its a must win or fans wont be behind them or anything crazy like that. Personally ive been happy with the last two games, maybe im still in honeymoon mode, but before i start whining im gonna give these guys a couple games (4 or 5 more) to play together.

Plus that first game Baron didnt even play and second game he sat the last few minutes. If KOBE sat the last few minutes we woulda won for sure, or if LeBron didnt play Saturday night im sure we woulda won that game too.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:21 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
This is just crazy though, can't be losing on a consecutive basis coming out of a trade. Indy won, why can't we? Time to step their game up

1. First game we played the Cavs best team in east and lost (in OT without BD), they played the Knicks AND lost.

2. We played the Lakers and should have won (BD missed the last few minutes) they played the Bulls (record is good but they play in the east, Lakers would have a Suns type record if they played in the east).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:50 am
tradedunleavy wrote:But i wouldnt say its a must win or fans wont be behind them or anything crazy like that. Personally ive been happy with the last two games, maybe im still in honeymoon mode, but before i start whining im gonna give these guys a couple games (4 or 5 more) to play together.

Yeah, me too. I want them to win, obviously, but I'm more willing to give the team some leeway now than ever. That's the difference that not having to root for a team with Dun and Murph makes... :wink:
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:40 am
I think 2 games together will be enough and we will see some great 4 quarter basketball from this club.

And with no RJ, or Kristic i think Harrington will be able to score at will.

Im just hoping Baron can get the better of Kidd and Jackson is hitting his shots again.

Warriors by 10
NICE WORK MULLY!!!
Next

Return to Game Threads