Pacers/Warriors Trade... Best Move Yet By Mullin?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

How would you rate Chris Mullin's latest trade?

Excellent; one of his best moves yet.
26
76%
Decent... I'm just glad we lost Dunleavy and Murphy.
8
24%
Average. Nothing special.
0
No votes
Horrible!!! Diogu's gonna blow up on the Pacers!!!
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 34

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:23 am
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I believe we should try and unload Jackson. Minutes will surely be a problem when Jrich returns and we'll certainly need a PF. I'll take SJax for now so long he keeps his off the court problems from becoming a distraction. Both Harrington and SJax may command for the ball more as they did at Indy, but that shouldn't be a problem so long everything pans out well.


I wouldn't make a move now (well, maybe MP for a PF... if there's someone interesting in the trading block, but that's all). Jackson was an extremely productive player for the Hawks and Spurs... He can be that player again. Also, he's a perfect fit for Nellie (and a much needed piece with J-Rich out). I've heard him in an interview and he sounded desperate to leave Indiana. I've got my doubts about him, but let's wait and see what happens before moving him.


Yes, I know that. We'll need a PF. A true PF, not a started, a backup will do. We're in trouble now that we traded away two of our PF's. Those oompa loompa lineups will surely be seen until we get a real one.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:55 am
Golden wrote:Before the trade, Chris Mullin expressed his "disappointment" with his expensive front line of Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy. As though Mullin had nothing to do with signing them to such outlandish contracts. (To say nothing about the fortune Mullin handed to Adonal Foyle.)


That was Nellie talking by Mullin's mouth... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:39 am
uptempo wrote:Mullin had no choice but to make the deal with Indiana; it saved his job.

Oh, come on, uptempo!

Now Chris Mullin's making great moves to improve the franchise... for his own selfish needs? :?

Give the guy some credit. If there's one thing Chris Mullin's done in his tenure as VP, it's correct his own mistakes.

Chris Mullin came in with Antawn Jamison... and decided to blow up the team core. After a year or so in purgatory, the Jamison trade eventually made way for the Baron Davis trade. Mullin recovered on that one.

Chris Mullin came in with a hothead coach in Eric Musselman. He fired Muss, brought in Montgomery, and saw that the team suffered under him. Therefore, he fired Monty and brought in Nelson. Once again, Chris Mullin recovers and the Warriors end up better.

Finally, Chris Mullin signs Dunleavy and Murphy to long-term deals. They both respond with setback years and Mullin swings a trade for Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson (both of which have had seasons where they averaged +18 PPG). Once again, Chris Mullin makes the save and the Golden State franchise is at a higher level than it's been for over a decade.


Give the guy some credit. Chris Mullin has turned this team from a doormat to a playoff contender.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:04 pm
#32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:Mullin had no choice but to make the deal with Indiana; it saved his job.

Oh, come on, uptempo!

Now Chris Mullin's making great moves to improve the franchise... for his own selfish needs? :?

Give the guy some credit. If there's one thing Chris Mullin's done in his tenure as VP, it's correct his own mistakes.

Chris Mullin came in with Antawn Jamison... and decided to blow up the team core. After a year or so in purgatory, the Jamison trade eventually made way for the Baron Davis trade. Mullin recovered on that one.

Chris Mullin came in with a hothead coach in Eric Musselman. He fired Muss, brought in Montgomery, and saw that the team suffered under him. Therefore, he fired Monty and brought in Nelson. Once again, Chris Mullin recovers and the Warriors end up better.

Finally, Chris Mullin signs Dunleavy and Murphy to long-term deals. They both respond with setback years and Mullin swings a trade for Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson (both of which have had seasons where they averaged +18 PPG). Once again, Chris Mullin makes the save and the Golden State franchise is at a higher level than it's been for over a decade.


Give the guy some credit. Chris Mullin has turned this team from a doormat to a playoff contender.


Agreed here, good points. Especially after this trade, your reasons for not supporting Mullin are running out.

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:44 pm
John Patrick wrote:
#32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:Mullin had no choice but to make the deal with Indiana; it saved his job.

Oh, come on, uptempo!

Now Chris Mullin's making great moves to improve the franchise... for his own selfish needs? :?

Give the guy some credit. If there's one thing Chris Mullin's done in his tenure as VP, it's correct his own mistakes.

Chris Mullin came in with Antawn Jamison... and decided to blow up the team core. After a year or so in purgatory, the Jamison trade eventually made way for the Baron Davis trade. Mullin recovered on that one.

Chris Mullin came in with a hothead coach in Eric Musselman. He fired Muss, brought in Montgomery, and saw that the team suffered under him. Therefore, he fired Monty and brought in Nelson. Once again, Chris Mullin recovers and the Warriors end up better.

Finally, Chris Mullin signs Dunleavy and Murphy to long-term deals. They both respond with setback years and Mullin swings a trade for Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson (both of which have had seasons where they averaged +18 PPG). Once again, Chris Mullin makes the save and the Golden State franchise is at a higher level than it's been for over a decade.


Give the guy some credit. Chris Mullin has turned this team from a doormat to a playoff contender.


Agreed here, good points. Especially after this trade, your reasons for not supporting Mullin are running out.


LOL!

Nobody is not supporting Mullin; however, it was Nelson who basically forced Mullin to get rid of his pampered poodles and bring in some thoroughbreds.

The team is now just a season of Biedrens getting more comfortable in the league away from being very competitive. I would go so far as to say that this Warrior team can beat Phoenix in a playoff series. We now matchup well with them.

Mul

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:14 pm
When Mullin came aboard free agents wouldn't sign with the Warriors so he had to overpay to get some stability now players want to come to G' State, meanwhile Muss is flopping in Sac along with Artest :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:19 pm
I am not ready to go as far as saying the Ws could beat Phoenix in a series - the Ws actually match up better with the Mavs, but wouldn't a Phoenix/Ws series be amazing. The way I see it, the Ws have to win 25-26 games second half and hope that Minny, which has Garnett, Davis and no one, continues to cool off. That way Ws can get 8th seed...with Carmelo back there is no way the Nuggets finish lower than 7th...of course 8th seed in the West would be 3rd seed in the Least, but we ain't there...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:24 pm
I don't think the Warriors can take the Suns in a series... but with the way both teams play, it's totally up in the air. Right now, Phoenix has better free throw shooters and more consistent outside shooters... but it all hinders on the MVP to get those guys the ball. The Warriors' advantage is that they don't have to rely so heavily on one guy (like the Suns do with Nash).

If Phoenix met Golden State in the post season and (somehow) Nash was made into a non-factor, I'd call the Warriors the favorite. Seriously. Nash means THAT much to the Suns.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:30 pm
#32 wrote:I don't think the Warriors can take the Suns in a series... but with the way both teams play, it's totally up in the air. Right now, Phoenix has better free throw shooters and more consistent outside shooters... but it all hinders on the MVP to get those guys the ball. The Warriors' advantage is that they don't have to rely so heavily on one guy (like the Suns do with Nash).

If Phoenix met Golden State in the post season and (somehow) Nash was made into a non-factor, I'd call the Warriors the favorite. Seriously. Nash means THAT much to the Suns.


True, but he's the MVP for a reason and I don't think anyone will be able to make him a non-factor.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:42 pm
Mullin has found ways to get himself out of debt with those horrific overpaid signings. Fisher, Dun, and Foyle were overpaid players. But yet, he found ways to get himself out of trouble from the fans and got rid of Fisher's salary by trading for three players no longer on this team. He got rid of Dun just recently for lower and manageable contracts in a 8 man trade. Foyle is still here, but at least there were rumors that he was leaving. The fact of the matter is that Mullin is a good GM finding great ways to get himself from losing his job. This trade was very beneficial for him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:49 pm
#32 wrote:I don't think the Warriors can take the Suns in a series... but with the way both teams play, it's totally up in the air. Right now, Phoenix has better free throw shooters and more consistent outside shooters... but it all hinders on the MVP to get those guys the ball. The Warriors' advantage is that they don't have to rely so heavily on one guy (like the Suns do with Nash).

If Phoenix met Golden State in the post season and (somehow) Nash was made into a non-factor, I'd call the Warriors the favorite. Seriously. Nash means THAT much to the Suns.

I think the only way to make nash a non-factor is a mob hit....
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:48 pm
Another disappointing loss, and a solid performance from Dunleavy who has become a scoring option under the Carlisle system. This team is guaranteed to play as well as the Musselman Arenas squad, a lot of potential but not even close to making the playoffs. The center piece of our trading spree is a post player that got an amazing "1 rebound". We have drafted busts in most of our lottery picks, and our best players (Arenas and Ellis) have been second round picks or respectable but not great picks can't hit free throws(Biedrins and J-Rich). We now have two gifted and athletic players that will join the ranks of a team that can't rebound, can't hit free throws and can't win in the fourth quarter. How many more seasons without making the playoff before we acknowledge, that we need to dump all our high salaries and mediocre players and hit rock bottom to land a young, healthy franchise player. We will never win in the fourth quarter until we have a decent post player that can actually pass out of a double team and a perimeter player that can bust a zone with dribble penetration and a make timely assist.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:57 pm
dareedle wrote:Another disappointing loss, and a solid performance from Dunleavy who has become a scoring option under the Carlisle system. This team is guaranteed to play as well as the Musselman Arenas squad, a lot of potential but not even close to making the playoffs. The center piece of our trading spree is a post player that got an amazing "1 rebound". We have drafted busts in most of our lottery picks, and our best players (Arenas and Ellis) have been second round picks or respectable but not great picks can't hit free throws(Biedrins and J-Rich). We now have two gifted and athletic players that will join the ranks of a team that can't rebound, can't hit free throws and can't win in the fourth quarter. How many more seasons without making the playoff before we acknowledge, that we need to dump all our high salaries and mediocre players and hit rock bottom to land a young, healthy franchise player. We will never win in the fourth quarter until we have a decent post player that can actually pass out of a double team and a perimeter player that can bust a zone with dribble penetration and a make timely assist.

damn, dude...take a breath. That is some dark sh*t. Ws were playing in LA againstarguably the best and most clutch player in the league(Bryant) and BD got a leg cramp. Most lottery picks are busts, and if you can't give props to Mullin for moving three terrible contracts and upgrading the team in Biedrins, Ellis, Davis, harrington and Jackson, I am not sure what to say...BD is their franchise player right now, but 29 from Jackson followed by 30 from Harrington is a pretty good start. Let's see where they are in 10-15 games, when they have actually had a minute to practise together :?:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:03 am
dareedle wrote:Another disappointing loss, and a solid performance from Dunleavy who has become a scoring option under the Carlisle system. This team is guaranteed to play as well as the Musselman Arenas squad, a lot of potential but not even close to making the playoffs. The center piece of our trading spree is a post player that got an amazing "1 rebound". We have drafted busts in most of our lottery picks, and our best players (Arenas and Ellis) have been second round picks or respectable but not great picks can't hit free throws(Biedrins and J-Rich). We now have two gifted and athletic players that will join the ranks of a team that can't rebound, can't hit free throws and can't win in the fourth quarter. How many more seasons without making the playoff before we acknowledge, that we need to dump all our high salaries and mediocre players and hit rock bottom to land a young, healthy franchise player. We will never win in the fourth quarter until we have a decent post player that can actually pass out of a double team and a perimeter player that can bust a zone with dribble penetration and a make timely assist.

Very ignorant. I'll point out a few (of your many) idiotic statements

A) The Musselman squad wasn't even close to as loaded as this one. We have 5 players now as good as arenas was when he played for us
B) Yeah, bash Al Harrington's 1 rebound. I'll take Harrington's 30 and 1 over Murphy's 9 and 5 any day of the week.
C) Biedrins and Jrich were more than "respectable picks". They were good picks.
D) Dungleavy is shooting 36% from the field since joining indiana and playing insane amounts of minutes. 90% of players in the league could put up the numbers dunleavy's putting up in those minutes.
E) WE JUST DID DUMP MANY OF OUR HIGH SALARIES, GENIUS, YOU CANT SNAP YOUR FINGERS AND EXPECT TO GET RID OF FOYLE
F) Biedrins is a top ten center in the league at 20 years old, give the guy a break. He's developing at a breakneck pace
G) Jesus, you're basically suggesting we hit the restart button (which will take a minimum of three years of losing) and hope to get lucky in the draft? That's worked so well for Boston, Toronto, Portland, and the Clippers to name a few. We just acquired a playoff calibre team and you're complaining because we lost two games to superior teams by small margins in the closing minutes with baron injuries and suspensions?
ImageImage

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:17 am
dareedle wrote:...a solid performance from Dunleavy who has become a scoring option under the Carlisle system.


???
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests