Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers 2007-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors handle the Lakers?

93%
YES
14
7%
NO
1

Total votes: 15

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:28 pm
~W~ wrote:we look pretty damn good... I wonder if Barnes is hurt, because he is getting NO PT


No, it's all because of the trade.

Once Harrington and Jackson get the feel of the Warriors game and get in shape, this team will be cruising. So far, they're playing well defensively and getting out on the break.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:48 pm
Baron.... needs to stop taking fadeways!!! c'mon BARON!!!

QUIT doing that crap, run some pick n rolls, DAMN....

Rookie
Posts: 121
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:02 pm
F*CK

Rookie
Posts: 59
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:05 pm
Classic Warrior road basketball.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 737
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:05 pm
~W~ wrote:Baron.... needs to stop taking fadeways!!! c'mon BARON!!!

QUIT doing that crap, run some pick n rolls, DAMN....

goddammit baron! and to make it worse he got hurt while doing it.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 449
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:10 pm
God damn tommro is going to suck and tommro is my Bday

Rookie
Posts: 59
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:18 pm
Oh yeah, and there's also no reason for Kobe to be going to the line more times than our entire team. On that last play, he just threw himself into 2 of our guys, tripped over his own feet, and got the foul call. I mean, what the hell are you supposed to do?

All Star
Posts: 1216
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:21 pm
Paul Westphal's take after the game here in LA on Fox west:

"The Warriors will blow away some teams, but they are inherently flawed."

Please prove this has-been wrong...

All Star
Posts: 1128
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:28 pm
yeah that was a pretty bad loss.. we played pretty good too.. it hurt when baron had to sit out the last few minutes.. it's so easy to get caught up in it all, then you have to remember that we are still like the 2nd youngest team in the league.. i know people get tired of hearing that its not an excuse though its a fact.. experience is the most important thing in the 4th quarter..
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:35 pm
did i read right?Though he had 30points Al had just the one rebound?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:51 am
Quazza wrote:did i read right?Though he had 30points Al had just the one rebound?

Al's line:
13-19, 2-3 from 3 3 steals, 30 points, and yes, 1 board. He was traded for Murphy, who got 7 points and 8 boards. I will buy everyone on this board a sandwich if the general consensus is that dungmurphy is outperforming harringjax after they've had 10 games -tonight:

Harringjax:
44 points on 17/32, 4 boards 5 steals, 6 assists, 1 block, 5 turnovers
Dungmurhpy 22 points on 8/22 shooting, 15 boards, 9 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:19 am
coltraning wrote:
Quazza wrote:did i read right?Though he had 30points Al had just the one rebound?

Al's line:
13-19, 2-3 from 3 3 steals, 30 points, and yes, 1 board. He was traded for Murphy, who got 7 points and 8 boards. I will buy everyone on this board a sandwich if the general consensus is that dungmurphy is outperforming harringjax after they've had 10 games -tonight:

Harringjax:
44 points on 17/32, 4 boards 5 steals, 6 assists, 1 block, 5 turnovers
Dungmurhpy 22 points on 8/22 shooting, 15 boards, 9 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers


a simple yes would have sufficed
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:36 am
Quazza wrote:
coltraning wrote:
Quazza wrote:did i read right?Though he had 30points Al had just the one rebound?

Al's line:
13-19, 2-3 from 3 3 steals, 30 points, and yes, 1 board. He was traded for Murphy, who got 7 points and 8 boards. I will buy everyone on this board a sandwich if the general consensus is that dungmurphy is outperforming harringjax after they've had 10 games -tonight:

Harringjax:
44 points on 17/32, 4 boards 5 steals, 6 assists, 1 block, 5 turnovers
Dungmurhpy 22 points on 8/22 shooting, 15 boards, 9 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers


a simple yes would have sufficed


::lol:

No sh*t.

Seriously, Al needs to prove he can do both things at the same time. With a slightly better game shooting against the Cavs (a game in which he proved he can rebound), we won that game. With a slightly better rebounding game against the Fakers (in this case he proved he can score), we won that game.

His line against the Lakers looks more like Eddy Curry than Al Harrington.

Not that I'm blaming him or anything. Just saying that he's gotta do a bit more of both things, as he's been proven capable to do so.

I really like the way the team is performing after the trade (and we're 0-2 since then). Everything will be much better with a few games more.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:00 am
hellkiller wrote:God damn tommro is going to suck and tommro is my Bday




Happy Birthday :bday: How old are you?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:01 am
Should have been a win but things look promising. It should get together by the end of February and hopefully by then the team will be over 50%

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests