Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Warriors 2007-01-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors new lineup take down the Cavs?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 pm

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 11

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:54 pm
You are an embarrassment to the NBA

As opposed to who?? Indiana? Memphis? wait, no.....any team in the atlantic division maybe?

Who let the disgruntled Pacers fans in anyways?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:54 pm
Here's my take on the reasons we lost

#1: No Baron or Jrich
#2: The refs prison raped us
#3: The refs prison raped us
#4: Nellie was out coached
#5: The refs prison raped us
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:56 pm
Is it just me or when Harrington gets fouled, the ref IGNORES IT????

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:59 pm
~W~ wrote:Is it just me or when Harrington gets fouled, the ref IGNORES IT????

If you get swatted by Hot Donny there's really nothing the refs can do to make it look like it wasn't legit..

**** happened twice dawg :-o

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:05 am
DAWG..... Wesley can take 5 steps and no call... yet Monta blows BY someone and they call carry?? WSUP WID THAT DAWG??

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:06 am
Wesley has been in the NBA since Ellis was in diapers..that's wsup dawg...seniority..

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:12 am
~W~ wrote:DAWG..... Wesley can take 5 steps and no call... yet Monta blows BY someone and they call carry?? WSUP WID THAT DAWG??

Monta is not half the ball player wesley is

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:19 am
Monta ellis shits all over wesley, he probably would when he was in diapers, plus wesley almost blew it with those 2 missed free throws, too bad they missed the game winner which was jackson, not ellis. And you say that wesley is a better player because he can get away with traveling and monta ellis cannot, thats in the refs view not yours.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:20 am
Also who saw drew gooden post up on no one and fall down? i literally loled at that, so fuckin funny

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:46 am
ORACLE Arena
January 20, 2007, Post Game remark's...

Don Nelson
On the new players
“ I like the pieces that we have now. I felt it was unfair for them to be in that situation not having my best player to help them out. We were very limited in what we could run because of that. I am very glad we made the trade when we did. They will play much better when we get Baron back and we can lean on him a little more. I am still trying to figure the guys out, and once I do, I will be able to put them in better spots where they won’t commit as many turnovers."
"Tonight was a glimpse of what we can be. We are still figuring out how to use them best. The combination of Jackson and Harrington is pretty special and it looks like we got another good player in Sarunas. I liked what I saw in him tonight and he can definitely play the point guard.”

Stephen Jackson
On Tonight's Game
“We didn’t start the third quarter with the same intensity as we finished the first half with. They made a run, and Lebron is a great player, he kept them in the game. Once they got back into the game they just found a way to win. That’s what good teams do on the road and hopefully we can do that when we go on the road.”
“For the first game I think I did okay. I still have to learn all the plays and get a feel for everyone. But it’s all about winning with me, and we lost. I’m glad I was able to come out and contribute but at the same time we didn’t get a win. Hopefully I can play this same way and we can get a win against Los Angeles.”

Al Harrington
On Tonight's Game
“I know I was 4-21, but I had the most fun I’ve ever had in my pro career tonight. This is a great way to play. I apologize to my teammates, because if I had made some shots we definitely would’ve won. Overall I think our energy was huge, we just didn’t get a win tonight. But it’s something positive to build on. We should have a great practice tomorrow, get B.D. back, and go into L.A. with one goal and that’s to win the game.”
“It’s disappointing. Even without Baron, we feel like we have enough power. I put it kind of on myself because I feel like if I made three or four more shots we’d be sitting here smiling instead of sitting here talking about a loss. We’re a very deep team, and it’s very encouraging even though we lost.”

Monta Ellis
On Tonight's Game
“It’s disappointing, but it’s the guys' first game and they played terrific. They got the first game behind them, so we just need to go forward from here.”
On missing Baron Davis
“We missed him a little bit, but we still had the game. We could have made a few more plays down the stretch, and we should have won this game.”
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:58 am
Players do tend to try and do too much in their first game since being traded. Harrington struggled early on and got it going in the end of the first. Jackson looked pretty solid also. Overall, the new Warriors contributed well. Hell even Jaskidsnfetoiw was pretty good.

But yes, the refs decided many parts of the game. And when I mean many, I mean MANY. What a horrible officiating game, one of the worst I've seen all season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:21 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:But yes, the refs decided many parts of the game. And when I mean many, I mean MANY. What a horrible officiating game, one of the worst I've seen all season.

And still, without Baron and J-Rich (our two most important players) and with 3 new guys playing their first game for us, with barely 2 practices with the team, we took them to overtime. The last quarter was disappointing, but I see more positives than negatives. Stephen Jackson was on fire the whole game... and I've got the feeling he's gonna thrive for us. If that happens, the trade will be even more lopsided (if that's possible).

Oh, how I wish we got to play in the Central conference. Hell, we'd have a shot at the NBA finals playing in the (l)eastern conference.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:38 am
Should've been a win but understandable since Baron wasn't there. Looks very promising for the team now and this is all really exciting! Could definately be playoffs this season

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:53 am
I was there and it was an incredible night. The oracle was rocking like I've never seen it - everyone on their feet the last 5 minutes. It was as if everyone was exorcising the ghosts of dungmurphy and embracing the new athletic and fiery members. 2 things I esp. appreciated: Jackson is the real deal, he can pass the ball better than I ever knew, and there is a bona fide backup point guard in jasikevicius. Cleveland slowed the game down to their tempo in the 2nd 1/2, and the Ws missed lots of open looks. I have to say this: The reffing is maybe the worst I have ever seen at a game. Yeah, it
s a hard game, but it was so blatantly one-sided, usually they miss calls both ways. 2 that stand out are Pietrus getting whacked in the chest in front of a brylcream-haired ref and no call, and Lebron running over a perfectly positioned Harrington (outside the circle b y 5 feet) and getting the call. Disgusting. Overall, I am very hopeful - the Ws got 3 players who instantly contributed, and that is without BD and Jrich. It's going to take 45 wins to make the playoffs in the west this year, so Ws need to go 26-16 in the 2nd half. Hard to do, but it's going to be fun.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:11 pm
cdt wrote:Wesley has been in the NBA since Ellis was in diapers..that's wsup dawg...seniority..

Cavs would trade their entire roster minus LBJ for monta Ellis ...DAWG... thats wsup DAWG! Senriority? haha how about TALENT?
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads