Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Warriors 2007-01-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors new lineup take down the Cavs?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 pm

YES
91%
NO
9%

Total votes : 11

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:39 pm
I can't wait for this game, it will be a big mental boost to the team if they can blow out the cavs.

Also Monta Ellis > Lebron =D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:20 am
Seems like everybody is going to the game... Should be a good one. Have fun there.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:47 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Are you kiddin' me?!!? The depth we have now against the Cavs? The Cavs absolutely need to bring help for LeBron. And with much better offensive weapons in Harrington and Jackson than Dun and Murph, this game is for the taking.

Warriors by 12.
when you have to play lebron, it's never a "game for the taking".
Go Colts!!!!!!! Superbowl Champs!!!!!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:36 am
Do not let the Cavaliers "best in the East" record fool you....they are not as good as their record would indicate they are. In fact, their last two games have been losses on the road to the lowly Sonics and Blazers in consecutive nights.

What I am saying is that I think the Warriors can and will win this game. The Cavaliers when pushed do not play much defense and I can see the Warriors easily dictating the pace of this game and taking Ilgauskas right out of it and the advantage will go to the Warriors.

Another point I want to bring up is that LeBron James has not improved this season from last. In fact, he may have regressed some. He has become very passive on offense and he settles for long, outside jump shots rather than taking it to the basket as he does so well. I am not saying LeBron is not a great player, but I was expecting more from him this season and quite frankly, I have been disappointed with him.

Perhaps LeBron is just going through the motions until the playoffs, but in a weak Eastern Conference, this team should have an even better record and they should be running away with things, but they are not.

Until LeBron returns to his more natural, aggressive self, the Cavs will not win a title or even make it to the Finals as so many expect them to.

Their coach, Mike Brown, is the most overrated coach in the league and I expect him to be fired after the 2007-2008 season when the Cavs have still not won a title. This team's offensive sets are horrible and as I said earlier, their defense is not anything to brag about.

One last thing, the role players on the Cavs are rubbish. Hughes has not lived up to the money they gave him. Ilgauskas is past his prime (Sorry new Lithuanian friends). Eric Snow is well...Eric Snow. Donyell Marshall is not consistent at all. Drew Gooden is not a bad player, but this team as a whole is just not as good as many think. I haave watched most of their games on the NBA League Pass and I am far from impressed with them.

Warriors by 8 tomorrow night.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:55 am
yeah, it's funny. My thought process prior to the trade had been, let me see which teams I am interested in cause the Ws aren't going anywhere, maybe squeak an 8th seed if Jrich can get back and healthy. Now, the team is tailormade for Nelson's style. I am more optimistic about this team than at any point since at least the 14-4 run with Baron, and probably going back to the Arenas days...btw, a good tip for folks looking to buy. Call and speak with a ticketmaster rep in person. Way better selection than anything I could get online through any source including stub hub, craigslist and ticketmaster online. Don't deal with the warriors tix guys, cause they can only sell you packages and try to push games on you like Memphis and Portland. (Unless you really want to see those teams)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:20 pm
im going to this game too. hopefully they win. i love the new look lineup.

Warriors by 9

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:33 pm
Hey guys. I heard Nellie on KNBR and he said the lineup would look like this. (Providing that Air France is ready to play on Sat.)

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Mickael Pietrus
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Pretty exciting!! I'll be at the game. Although, I wouldn't mind just staying home and watching it in HD on my new 42" plasma. LOL Probably would have a better view!!
Born and raised in the muthaf***'n 808 /
Now I reside in the Golden State!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:38 am
Warriors win a close one by 2.

Half court game is not gonna be looking good, since new guys dont know the offense. Hopefully we can run all night.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:37 am
Don't get excited too early ;) The team needs to gell yet & new players need to learn the warriors playbook first. Should be a close game.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:21 am
tradedunleavy wrote:Warriors win a close one by 2.

Half court game is not gonna be looking good, since new guys dont know the offense. Hopefully we can run all night.

bro, our 1/2 court game never looked good. It basically consisted of Baron penetrating and dishing, penetrating and shooting or jacking a 3 - don't see how it could get much worse. Oh, when Ike was in the game they would sometimes pass down to him, he would shoot and score, then he'd miss an assignment, Nelson would get pissed and bench him :wink: I think Harrington and Jackson can learn what passes for a Ws 1/2 court game, but I agree, they'd all best be running...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:46 pm
Haven't been so interested in a game for a while.

Most people are concentrating on the new forewards, rightfully so, but the new point guard is someone to watch, too. Those that have seen him play internationally say he is very good.

A good back-up point is an overlooked need on this team. My hope is that he can spell BD meaningful minutes. BD just looks completely spent at times and that isn't good.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:32 pm
I posted this elsewhere. But, Baron is suspended tonite for a throwing a punch the other nite. :banghead:

Trolloc
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:44 pm
Damnit. Cavs by 13.

I'm optimistic about this new lineup but no BD + no Jrich plus that the new players haven't practiced with this team yet = loss
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:46 pm
I thought they have been practicing for the last two days. Anyways, Baron is out, so we have 2 PG.... Monta and Saranus...

I didn't think we were going to see alot of jasiekviewic but I guess we will!!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm
as excited as i am to see the new man 2 hommies up in our white home jerseys, im just as pumped up to see jasikevecious... i think he's going to thrive here, i want to see him light it up!!!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads