SJax

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:02 pm
He will be a real big steal. im going to enjoy watching him play the three.

call me crazy, but his toughness is also what we needed. he can shoot, run, MAKE FTs!, and brings some height.

warriors starting lineup is amazing.

Until Jrich gets back, we ll be a first.second round playoff team for sure.
Last edited by kfresh on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:06 pm
Then what happens when J-Rich gets back? :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:46 pm
John Patrick wrote:Then what happens when J-Rich gets back? :wink:

S-Jax goes to the bench and we stay the same... :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:09 am
TMC wrote:
John Patrick wrote:Then what happens when J-Rich gets back? :wink:

S-Jax goes to the bench and we stay the same... :wink:

This is a good problem i remember a few days ago thinking can we just play with four players and leave that dungleavy guy on the bench. Now i dont mind starting 4 or 5 players at the SG/SF spots
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:57 am
a small group of us have a saying in indianapolis that most pacer fans hate, "jack is the man!" he may have some legal troubles right now that may or may not affect you guys this season (going to court, possibly getting locked-up, community service, etc.) but, he was a definate steal for you guys. you gotta love a guy who can play the 2 and post up like a PF. he plays some pretty good D also. i heard a nasty rumor when the trade first went down that GS may buy his contract out after a while (maybe when richardson comes back), any of you guys heard that?
Go Colts!!!!!!! Superbowl Champs!!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:02 am
First time I read something like that coming from a Pacers fan. Most of them seem to be happy he's gone.

David Dunn wrote:i heard a nasty rumor when the trade first went down that GS may buy his contract out after a while (maybe when richardson comes back), any of you guys heard that?

Nope. Never read anything about it. I don't think it's even under consideration, as he still has 3 more years of contract.

I can see it happening if he becomes a problem and there's no way to trade him... but not now.

Also, seems like Nellie loves him. Apparently, he's going to start against the Cavs.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:08 am
good luck on the game tonight, after my phone charges i am going to order the nba league pass so i can watch it :headbang:
Go Colts!!!!!!! Superbowl Champs!!!!!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:14 am
New poster here.

I am one of those Pacer fan who is glad to see Jax gone. However, I'm glad for his sake. He had too much baggage here in Indy and will do well in GS. He can hit the three well and plays hard while he's in. I think he will be better because he won't have to stop and think every play.

Al will do what he does best for Nelson. Shoot. He can really shoot the 3 when he gets hot its a pleasure to watch. Al used to be a good defender when he was here before but I just didn't see it this year.

I am surprised nobody is discussing Sarunas. The knock on him in Indy was he is slow and can't dribble the ball up court. Personally, I never thought he had any more trouble with that than Tinsley had. I think you guys will love his game when you get to see it. He should flourish under a faster, run and gun offense. He makes players around him beter. I will miss watching him play.

PS: I wouldn't waive Josh Powell. He's going to be a good player.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:15 am
TMC wrote:First time I read something like that coming from a Pacers fan. Most of them seem to be happy he's gone.

David Dunn wrote:i heard a nasty rumor when the trade first went down that GS may buy his contract out after a while (maybe when richardson comes back), any of you guys heard that?

Nope. Never read anything about it. I don't think it's even under consideration, as he still has 3 more years of contract.

I can see it happening if he becomes a problem and there's no way to trade him... but not now.

Also, seems like Nellie loves him. Apparently, he's going to start against the Cavs.

Jackson will fit in with this team quite well. When Richardson returns, we may see Jackson moving over to small forward and Pietrus to the bench. Pietrus can spell either Richardson or Jackson; Monta can spell either Davis or Richardson; Barnes can spell either Jackson or Harrington; Cabbage can spell Davis; Powell can spell either Jackson or Harrington; and Harrington can slide over to spell Biedrens.

Guys, this team now has versatility and athleticism.

The team now also has the money to sign Monta and Biedrens to contract extensions (let's hope that Mullin is sober on those days and doesn't get too crazy with the money (he has been known to spend money on contract extensions like a drunken sailor) and may even be able to keep Pietrus.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:17 am
Jackson was the 3rd leading scorer on both the championship Spurs of 2003 and this year's pacers. I know he is a powderkeg, but he brings an edge to the team we haven't had. As others have said, when JRich returns, the Ws will arguably be one of the 3-4 deepest teams in the league...I think the replacement of Dungmurphy with Jackington will add about 4-5 points a game to Ws totals, and jackson's defense will take way a couple of points from the opposition. Going tonight...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:43 pm
Nothing better than a crazy ************ in Cali who misses game winners.

He probably stabbed the ballboy after the game..

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:45 pm
CDT I was thinking along the lines of holding up the ref...

but hey, gotta give him props, he doesnt back down from a fight like marshmelo

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:47 pm
Did you notice Stephen Jackson's wondering eye starring up at his brain all game ?

Sasha Pavlovic > Stephen Jackson..
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:53 am
Cavs_fan_LePIP wrote:Did you notice Stephen Jackson's wondering eye starring up at his brain all game ?

Sasha Pavlovic > Stephen Jackson..

It's funny. These same guys would kill to have S-Jax in their team...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:31 am
Stephen Jackson is an absolute savage.

I've been lobbying for a SJax trade since last year. Not a lot of people were willing to listen (because of the high drama Jackson brings), but the rewards seem to be outweighing the risks so far. Jackson is an all-around stud. He's a lockdown defender, a lights-out shooter, can slash to the rim, can run with the ball, AND is a tremendously under-rated passer.

Harrington's getting all the ink, but Stephen Jackson will prove to be a huge asset on the team as well.

Cavs_fan_LePIP wrote:Did you notice Stephen Jackson's wondering eye...

Funny. I didn't think eyes "wondered"; I was under the impression that they "wandered".

Typical LA education.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball