Where Are we Now?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:52 pm
I was thinking, and obviously this trade has improved our team (even drastically). So, what teams have we now passed (well, are going to pass now)? Here's my list--

-Denver
-Houston
-Minnesota
-LA Lakers

We'll stay ahead of the Clips and Hornets.

/discuss

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:36 pm
let's just hope, to me the warriors seem like a whole new team, don't have to worry about dunleavy getting minutes, but then again theres no one to excessively blame if the team does poorly

right now Denver and Minnesota look a bit easier to pass up, but Houston and L.A. Lakers are still a bit more up there in the standings
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:41 am
Uh, we haven't even played a game with the new lineup yet. We haven't passed anyone, and are currently a few games out of the #8 seed. Just getting back close to #7 or 8 would be amazing, and that might even be a stretch. Maybe we can be like the Kings last year - after thhey got Artest, they played really well and got themselves the #8 seed. But passing all those teams? Don't think it's gonna happen.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:57 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:Uh, we haven't even played a game with the new lineup yet. We haven't passed anyone, and are currently a few games out of the #8 seed.

Yeah, let's wait to see what happens and how the team plays. Are we a better team?. Hell, yeah... but we still don't know how much.

I think we're better than Minny and the Clips now, which should be enough to get, at least, that final playoffs spot, but I'm still not sure if we're gonna be better than Denver or Houston.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:36 pm
baytobrooklyn wrote:Uh, we haven't even played a game with the new lineup yet. We haven't passed anyone, and are currently a few games out of the #8 seed.

Sorry I meant what teams are we now better than, and will eventually pass.

TMC wrote:I think we're better than Minny and the Clips now, which should be enough to get, at least, that final playoffs spot, but I'm still not sure if we're gonna be better than Denver or Houston.

I think we're better than Denver. AI and 'Melo might have a tough time sharing the ball, and even if they can Camby, JR Smith will get pissed off they aren't getting any time in the limelight.

As for Houston, w/o injuries they are definitely better than us. But you have to factor injuries because TMac and Yao are both injury prone. I realistically think we can have a better record than them by the end of the season.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:56 pm
John Patrick wrote:I think we're better than Denver. AI and 'Melo might have a tough time sharing the ball, and even if they can Camby, JR Smith will get pissed off they aren't getting any time in the limelight.

Yeah, could be. But it's the same situation than us. They still have to prove how good they are.

It's not an indication of anything, but Karl says they'll be adapted by... next season.

John Patrick wrote:As for Houston, w/o injuries they are definitely better than us. But you have to factor injuries because TMac and Yao are both injury prone. I realistically think we can have a better record than them by the end of the season.

Sure, if one of their two stars is injured, we are better than them. I was counting on them being healthy. We also have our own share of injuries...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:00 pm
The Rockets are hurting consistently, so I do count on it and it is definitely a factor. They still might make the playoffs though.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:05 pm
TMC wrote: We also have our own share of injuries...

yeah the lack of 3 mins a game of cabarkapa time have really been hurting us
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:42 pm
John Patrick wrote:I was thinking, and obviously this trade has improved our team (even drastically). So, what teams have we now passed (well, are going to pass now)? Here's my list--

-Denver
-Houston
-Minnesota
-LA Lakers

/discuss

I think we'll pass minnesota

we may be better talentwise than some of those other teams, but it's too late in the season - we'd have to be a LOt better than most of those teams to catch up by seven games after halfway through the season without jrich
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:58 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I think we'll pass minnesota

we may be better talentwise than some of those other teams, but it's too late in the season - we'd have to be a LOt better than most of those teams to catch up by seven games after halfway through the season without jrich

One thing is for sure. The Mavs are probably terrified at the possibility of having to play us in the first round.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:57 am
I think that we are in a great position to be playoff contenders. We should definitely be able to pass up the Clips and T-Wolves. Denver poses more of a threat to us right now, but I don't think its impossible to pass them up. I definitely agree that Dallas would be terrified to play us in the 1st round...we had some awesome games with them the past couple times at American Airlines haha. (J-Rich 3pt winner!)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:24 am
John Patrick wrote:I was thinking, and obviously this trade has improved our team (even drastically). So, what teams have we now passed (well, are going to pass now)? Here's my list--

-Denver
-Houston
-Minnesota
-LA Lakers

/discuss

The Warriors have gotten a huge shot in the arm. I'd say this trade rockets the team past the Lakers, the Hornets, the Clippers, and the Timberwolves. Houston is a question mark (when fully healthy, they've got us beat). But after the Iverson trade, we're nowhere close to Denver.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:31 am
#32 wrote:

-Denver
-Houston
-Minnesota
-LA Lakers

/discuss

The Warriors have gotten a huge shot in the arm. I'd say this trade rockets the team past the Lakers, the Hornets, the Clippers, and the Timberwolves. Houston is a question mark (when fully healthy, they've got us beat). But after the Iverson trade, we're nowhere close to Denver.

I agree with you, except for the part about the Lakers. Phil Jackson has that team playing very well. Tonight's game will be interesting to watch. I do believe that the Warriors will match up better with Phoenix now, but still have challenges with San Antonio and Houston, mainly because of the post presence of Duncan and Yao.

When healthy, I can see Air France locking up (read: not stop, but at least slow down) Kobe; however, they have really come together as a team/unit.

Cabbage ensures that Baron will not be burned out and physically exhausted at the end of the season.

This trade was great for the Warriors. I give much credit to Nelson's public criticism (which probably put the pressure on Mullin) and on Mullin for pulling the trigger on this one.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:05 pm
uptempo wrote:When healthy, I can see Air France locking up (read: not stop, but at least slow down) Kobe; however, they have really come together as a team/unit.

You mean Jackson... :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:17 pm
John Patrick wrote:
uptempo wrote:When healthy, I can see Air France locking up (read: not stop, but at least slow down) Kobe; however, they have really come together as a team/unit.

You mean Jackson... :wink:

Agreed! :thumbleft:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball