BIG TRADE! Bye-bye Murphy. Bye-bye Dunleavy.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:53 pm
anyone know when the new guys are officially introduced?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:01 pm
This team really is Nellyball again with this trade...heck, we've even got a Sarunas again!!!!!!
This season is not a flop.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:07 am
"An NBA shooter usually misses long or short," another NBA insider told me. "Dunleavy misses left and right." San Francisco Chronicle

man i laughed reading that

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:24 am
Warriors have many Lithuanian fans again - we supported this team, when Sarunas Marciulionis played here, we will support this team again, because our second SARAS - Sarunas Jasikevicius has joined this team :)

Jasikevicius is better than you think, i'm sure - he's the best european pg in the last years, but Indiana's coach likes pure american basketball - no passing, many individual actions and so on... Jasikevicius is unreal passer - i hope, Nelson can use his skills and Saras will play more and better, than in Pacers.

So, i hate Pacers from now ;) Go Warriors, go, i'm your fan again!!!

(and sorry for my terrible english ;) )
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:32 am
Lituano wrote:Warriors have many Lithuanian fans again - we supported this team, when Sarunas Marciulionis played here, we will support this team again, because our second SARAS - Sarunas Jasikevicius has joined this team :)

Jasikevicius is better than you think, i'm sure - he's the best european pg in the last years, but Indiana's coach likes pure american basketball - no passing, many individual actions and so on... Jasikevicius is unreal passer - i hope, Nelson can use his skills and Saras will play more and better, than in Pacers.

So, i hate Pacers from now ;) Go Warriors, go, i'm your fan again!!!

(and sorry for my terrible english ;) )

It's funny. Now that we have traded for Saras, a rumor has the Cavs being interested in trading for him...

If that's true, they better give us their first rounder. I don't want anyone on the Cavs roster (that they'd be willing to trade).

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:51 am
i think, it's only a rumor about Cavs...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:53 am
Lituano wrote:i think, it's only a rumor about Cavs...

Well, you know... it's only a rumor, but they wanted to sign him when he signed with the Pacers. It may hold some truth.

Still, I don't think he'll be moved so soon. Nellie will want to see him play first.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:00 am
Yeah, Cavs and Jazz wanted to sign Saras too, and Saras best friend, Zydrunas 'Big Z' Ilgauskas plays here - but i think, that Cavs has nothing to offer Warriors for Saras... Maybe draft picks or money, but Jasikevicius contract is not so small :)
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:35 pm
If that's true, they better give us their first rounder. I don't want anyone on the Cavs roster (that they'd be willing to trade).

The cavs don't have a first rounder, phoenix has the cav's first rounder
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:53 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

The cavs don't have a first rounder, phoenix has the cav's first rounder

I know, but they might trade a future first rounder... It doesn't have to be this year's
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:57 pm
First post since the trade. I’m freakin’ ecstatic! I was for Harrington (when we were courting him), and we just took a giant step forward. Great job by Mullin, and thank God for Nelson! As for Sarunas, I like his play and he’s a great shooter. But, then again, as many mentioned, we still need to shed salary.

The report say Cleveland is interested and with many expirers (this year and next). We can still deliver, but can they spell (or smell) ADONAL FOYLE? :happy3:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:02 am
CjR wrote:The report say Cleveland is interested and with many expirers (this year and next). We can still deliver, but can they spell (or smell) ADONAL FOYLE? :happy3:

Gee, I didn't think of that. Problem is they don't have enough expirers (only Varejao, Pollard, Pavlovic and Dwayne Jones are expirers this season) to match Foyle's contract. But maybe if a third team with expirers is interested on other players...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:15 am
Salarywise it made sense, in every way it made sense and if somehow Mullin can get rid of foyle for expirers, he will have made himself one of the craftiest GMs there is right now and put the team in a position to sign the young guys and be successful for many years! :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball