Pacers fans' reactions

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:41 pm
#32 wrote:
tkono wrote:And congratulations to adonal foyle. One of only 3 NBA players who have stayed with their team for more than 8 years. Kobe is another and also Timmay out in SA i thought.

One of those things is not like the others...

Yep. Kobe is a b*tch. :mrgreen:

And now seriously, most Pacer's fans believe Dun is gonna be the answer to their problems at ... SG. Amazing. I'm speechless.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:26 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:
tkono wrote:And congratulations to adonal foyle. One of only 3 NBA players who have stayed with their team for more than 8 years. Kobe is another and also Timmay out in SA i thought.

And now seriously, most Pacer's fans believe Dun is gonna be the answer to their problems at ... SG. Amazing. I'm speechless.

of course they do…he's the next larry bird. :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:45 pm
I was listening to Kiki Vandeweghe (sp?) on ESPN web and he seemed to agree that we got the better end of the deal.

The caveat is, how will Ike Diogu pan out. Then, he said that if he does, then prolly the pacers might have gotten a steal.

I have to agree with him.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:52 pm
We've also known this: Ike Diogu, with proper minutes, is capable of 18 PPG, 9 RPG, and 1.5 BPG.

Problem is, the guy needs constant touches (the ball has to be fed THROUGH him the entire time), an insane amount of on-court direction, and a great inside defender to cover his ass... and, even then, he's useless when he's double-teammed. Ike Diogu has major talent... but he's also extremely high matainence.

If he sheds this baggage of his, he'll be a force. But... 2 seasons deep and the guy doesn't even know a basic pick and roll play yet? :oops:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:06 pm
Nice sig, 32... where's Pietrus and Barnes?

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:09 pm
frankly dunleavy was garbage here, but i do believe he will be better as a pacer. he certainly couldnt be any worse ;)
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:27 pm
I can't believe so many of these guys were advocating getting rid of JO as opposed to Al.....I'm literally stunned by the thought of it. I like Al, but O'Neal brings defence and rebounding as well as offence. Highway robbery as it is anyways.

GO WARRIORS!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:03 pm
i wouldnt doubt dunleavy having a huge game against the warriors this year
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:08 pm
cabarkapa wrote:i wouldnt doubt dunleavy having a huge game against the warriors this year

Yeah right. Not even Dunleavy can do that. ::lol:

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:19 pm
John Patrick wrote:
cabarkapa wrote:i wouldnt doubt dunleavy having a huge game against the warriors this year

Yeah right. Not even Dunleavy can do that. ::lol:

The bottom line is that Dunleavy was not worthy of being the #3 pick in his draft class. Dunleavy was not worthy of taking Jameson's spot on the team. Dunleavy was expected to improve under Musselman, never did improve, and became a non-entity on Musselman's team; so, Musselman was let go, and Monty was brought in to coddle Dunleavy. Nelson was brought in to replace Monty in order to get more out of Dunleavy and Co. After the opening game of the season, Nelson declared Dunleavy a disaster.

The main problem with Dunleavy is that he is a small forward who does not have a consistent shot, which is not acceptable for the #3 pick. Dunleavy never improved his game, similar to Foyle, but dissimilar to Richardson (who improved a facet of his game each off season).

Can Dunleavy play better? Not on this Warrior team. He never stepped up his game and became symbolic of mediocrity and being in the lottery.
Can Dunleavy do well in Indy? Maybe. Perhaps. He surely was never going to do well in a Warrior uniform.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:33 pm
How hilarious. But hey you never know who could flourish in Indy. Murphy and Dun may headline this trade for the receiving end for the Pacers but Ike is the real headliner. It'll come down to how he'll pan out for them. We have depth now. Real good depth. I've never seen the Warriors have this much depth in their squad in years. Jrich, Monta, Baron, Pietrus, Barnes, Biedrins, Azubuike, Harrington, Jackson, and Jaskavikus? Like 32 has said, look at that friggin' lineup... 'nuff said!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:17 pm
Im so happy with this trade its unbeleivable, if you look at the situation they traded 2 of their top 3 players where as we didn't give up any of our top 6 players. Anybody trying to say that this was an even trade is simply an idiot, Mullin mollywhopped the pacers on this one!!!
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:02 pm
nickdakoolkat wrote:Im so happy with this trade its unbeleivable, if you look at the situation they traded 2 of their top 3 players where as we didn't give up any of our top 6 players. Anybody trying to say that this was an even trade is simply an idiot, Mullin mollywhopped the pacers on this one!!!

The trade may actually work well for the Pacers, too. With O'Neal on the block, Murphy can play the perimeter and get the kick-back pass when O'Neal is double teamed.

Ike may do well in a more structured environment where he can play with designed offensive sets that may better utilize his post up moves.

Dunleavy is a big question mark, but may do better in a different environment.

The point guard was just filler.

Warrior fans should rejoice at this trade. I have no idea how Indy fans feel.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:19 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:

yeah - check out chad ford's podcast with Donnie Walsh - you know the guy he was salivating about? (drumroll....) Dunleavy. Because he is so smart, does all the little things, has great handles, passes well, rebounds well. scores well when needed - we must have all missed that the last few years...oh, and he really didn't want to trade Al, but there wasn't room for him, cause he was a natural 4 and they already had a natural 4 in the great Jermaine....guess that's why they traded for 2 more..............4s :roll:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:02 am
coltraning wrote:yeah - check out chad ford's podcast with Donnie Walsh - you know the guy he was salivating about? (drumroll....) Dunleavy. Because he is so smart, does all the little things, has great handles, passes well, rebounds well. scores well when needed

Sounds eerily similar to the expectatives we had for him when he was drafted. If that's the case, they're going to have a rough wake up call...

I also said in another thread that I expect Dun to play better at Indy... but only if he's free of pressure. If they expect him to live up to his draft status, they'll face another nightmare like the one we had.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball