Pacers fans' reactions

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:04 am
Just read a hundred or so of these comments from Pacers fans.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/india ... 1IJU04LLVS

Some of them are delusional (thinking they actually made salary cap improvements etc), some actually think Dun and Troy will produce, quite a few hate SJax enough to think this was a good move for them but by far most of them think this was a fucked up move for image reasons only that is going to cost them the season and the next couple of them as well.

Mildly interesting if you have nothing better to do...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:07 am
Yeah, I checked a few boards. It was hilarious to see how their reaction changed. It was something like this (in Pest's style):

1.- We traded S-Jax????. Is it possible?. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

2.- Well, Murphy was a double double machine for a few years and all... and Dun may be better with a change of scenery.

3.- WHAT????. THEY'RE SIGNED FOR HOW MUCH???? AND TIL WHEN???? F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK...

Good stuff... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:38 am
TMC wrote:Yeah, I checked a few boards. It was hilarious to see how their reaction changed. It was something like this (in Pest's style):

1.- We traded S-Jax????. Is it possible?. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

2.- Well, Murphy was a double double machine for a few years and all... and Dun may be better with a change of scenery.

3.- WHAT????. THEY'RE SIGNED FOR HOW MUCH???? AND TIL WHEN???? F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK, F*CK...

Good stuff... :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: And knowing that we'll never have to deal w/ those contracts (and shitty players) again...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:02 am
Some Tool from Indiana wrote:I don't like giving up Al but I really like this trade. I think Dunleavy and Murphy will add some very solid play around Jermaine. Jackson and Sarunas are simply WAY too inconsistent.

Good move Pacers.

J.O.
Dunleavy
Granger
Troy Murphy
Foster
Tinsley

I like it... I like it alot.

Oh my God, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::lol: ::lol: ::lol:

Harrington and SJax are too inconsistent??

A little respect, please.... Mike Dunleavy is the most inconsistent player in the NBA by far (unless you consider "sucking" as good, then he's one of the most consistent dudes there is).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:49 am
hee hee - most of the Pacers know they got hosed and are royally pissed - I haven't read one comment where a W fan was anything other than happy with this trade. Seems if we are to boil down the consensus reactions of the 2 cities:

Indy - How the F could they let Harrington go, glad they lost crazy Jackson, what are Murphy and Dunleavy going to do for us?

Bay - YES!!! We got the best player in the deal and a backup PG and lost 2 albatrosses - sorry to see Ike go and a little nervous about jackson but well done, Mullin
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:50 am
#32 wrote:Mike Dunleavy is the most inconsistent player in the NBA by far (unless you consider "sucking" as good, then he's one of the most consistent dudes there is).

BWHAHAHA!! Funniest thing I've seen all day!!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:00 pm
Dun and murph might be a good fit for indy because they are best when coming off the bench for other player and playing w/ and around Jermaine O'neal. We need ppl who don't play like 6th men and play like starters.

And congratulations to adonal foyle. One of only 3 NBA players who have stayed with their team for more than 8 years. Kobe is another and also Timmay out in SA i thought.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:06 pm
tkono wrote:Dun and murph might be a good fit for indy because they are best when coming off the bench for other player and playing w/ and around Jermaine O'neal. We need ppl who don't play like 6th men and play like starters.

Yep. Good to know Indy will be paying top dollar for a couple bench scrubs. :thumbleft:

tkono wrote:And congratulations to adonal foyle. One of only 3 NBA players who have stayed with their team for more than 8 years. Kobe is another and also Timmay out in SA i thought.

One of those things is not like the others...
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:12 pm
pacers fan forever wrote:Pacers:
Jermaine and Al weren't working well together. They were supposed to combine for 40, maybe 45 points a game. Instead they combined for about 34 or 35. Troy Murphy will be a much better fit than Al with Jermaine not only because he can shoot really well, but also because he can also grab rebounds (something Jermaine has had to do all season for us alone when Foster is not in). I think Mike Dunleavy will be a lot better than Stephen Jackson was. Stephen Jackson was just a gunner with us (litterally and figuratively). Ike Diogu will be a project for us but I could see him becoming a very good player in a couple of years, plus he gets to learn from Jermaine O'neal who has a great arsenal of post moves. I have no idea who Keith McCloud is.

Warriors:
They upgraded their forward posistions big time. Unfortuantely they lost a young center and a pretty good power forward. Foyle will be the main man at the center spot now which is tough for a guy his age. Hopefully Stephen Jackson will flourish in the Warrior's fast break style where shooting is much more encouraged. Sarunas will have the same effect as Jackson, just to a lesser extent. I doubt Josh Powell will crack the rotation.

Here's how I think the roster will be for the Pacers:

pg - jamal tinsley / darrell armstrong
sg - mike dunleavy / marquis daniels / keith mccloud
sf - danny granger / rawle marshall
pf - jermaine o'neal / maceo baston
c - troy murphy / jeff foster / ike diogu

This dude thinks that Ike Diogu is a center, that foyle is our main center, that Dunleavy is a shooting guard, and that it's a good trade for indy
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:13 pm
tkono wrote:And congratulations to adonal foyle. One of only 3 NBA players who have stayed with their team for more than 8 years. Kobe is another and also Timmay out in SA i thought.

One of those things is not like the others...[/quote]
Whatabout KG? he's been there the longest of any player
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:19 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Whatabout KG? he's been there the longest of any player[/quote]

actually you're right! scrub timmay and put in KG.

ya. this is the sesame street thing they show "one of these things is not like the others..."
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:19 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:

Whatabout KG? he's been there the longest of any player

As I said... one of those things is not like the others...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:24 pm
#32 wrote:
Some Tool from Indiana wrote:I don't like giving up Al but I really like this trade. I think Dunleavy and Murphy will add some very solid play around Jermaine. Jackson and Sarunas are simply WAY too inconsistent.

Good move Pacers.

J.O.
Dunleavy
Granger
Troy Murphy
Foster
Tinsley

I like it... I like it alot.

Oh my God, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::lol: ::lol: ::lol:

Harrington and SJax are too inconsistent??

A little respect, please.... Mike Dunleavy is the most inconsistent player in the NBA by far (unless you consider "sucking" as good, then he's one of the most consistent dudes there is).

They were calling Dunleavy and Murph "very consistent". Maybe i can see murph doing that if hes in the right situation, but not well-dun.
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:26 pm
Pest, when you posted that quote... my reaction came in stages:

pacers fan forever wrote:Pacers:
Jermaine and Al weren't working well together. They were supposed to combine for 40, maybe 45 points a game. Instead they combined for about 34 or 35. Troy Murphy will be a much better fit than Al with Jermaine not only because he can shoot really well, but also because he can also grab rebounds

By this time, I was snickering heavily. I have no doubt Murphy's a better rebounder than Al, but not enough to warrant this trade. And a better shooter? That's debatable.

pacers fan forever wrote:I think Mike Dunleavy will be a lot better than Stephen Jackson was.

Full-on laughter at this point. ::lol:

pacers fan forever wrote:Warriors:
They upgraded their forward posistions big time. Unfortuantely they lost a young center and a pretty good power forward. Foyle will be the main man at the center spot now which is tough for a guy his age.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Is this fool seriously doing a team analysis of the Warriors, when he clearly doesn't know jack **** about the team?!?

pacers fan forever wrote:Hopefully Stephen Jackson will flourish in the Warrior's fast break style where shooting is much more encouraged. Sarunas will have the same effect as Jackson, just to a lesser extent. I doubt Josh Powell will crack the rotation.

Here's how I think the roster will be for the Pacers:

pg - jamal tinsley / darrell armstrong
sg - mike dunleavy / marquis daniels / keith mccloud
sf - danny granger / rawle marshall
pf - jermaine o'neal / maceo baston
c - troy murphy / jeff foster / ike diogu

By this time, it had gone from funny... to sad... to opportunistic. If Indiana's dumb enough to pull off that trade AND their fans are stupid enough to eat it up, lets probe them for Jermaine! I'll bet we could swing Jermaine for Monta Ellis and Adonal Foyle, no sweat. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:34 pm
I guess he doesn't know about Biedrins.. the fool...
-John Madden
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball