Introduction of the incoming fans

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:03 am
Welcome all and feel free to converse but keep the insults (hopefully won't be any or many) to a minimum.

Saranus is a nice addition, for all the reasons already stated

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:57 am
Hallo all, another one from Lithuania. I'm a journalist for a daily here. I want everybody to note that Jasikevicius is NOT Russian, as someone mentioned in another board of SF Chronicle. He's a Lithuanian, and our country is completely different, in terms of language, social culture and history. Yes, it's a post Soviet country, but to call a Lithuanian a Russian is a huge insult here.

Best luck to the Warriors fighting for the place in the playoffs. I'll try to root not only for Sarunas, but for all the others too. The team is what matters. On the other hand, I have doubts about Jackson. He's the most selfish basketball I've ever seen.
basketball country No. 1 - Lithuania

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:58 am
Trolloc wrote:Welcome to the forum, I hope you bring the playoffs with you :)

Trollloc

Might happen. The "Golden Boy" (his nickname in Europe, because he led two different teams to get 3 straight Euroleague titles) comes to the "Golden State" :)

Imho you overlook the strengths of Sarunas. Sure, he can hit some 20 FTs in a row, sure he is shooting 3pts quite well, but if you expect the dead eye shooting he may not live up to the expectations.

Imho his strengths are playmaking, high basketball IQ and high passing skills. Also I think, he will thrive in uptempo game. Also Sarunas is good on involving other players, do not hesitate to make non-scoring passes. Pacers second unit led by him usually outscored oponents and had good ball movement.

On the other hand - he is a bad one-on-one defender (not likely to improve much).

Overall it will be interessting to see how coach will find a place for him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:00 am
Israfan wrote:This can be a steal for Warriors (though I know you think he's a throw in).
Sarunas was numero uno in Euroleague. Magic player. But who knows...

Who said Saras was a throw in?. I love getting him. I've followed him for years at Barça (not so much when he played for Maccabi, just during the final fours). I know exactly what he can bring to this team... and I couldn't be happier. We've lost a bum at PG (McLeod) for a great offensive player (and a great shooter, something we sorely missed)

I hate the fact that he doesn't play any defense... but then again, that's not Nellie's game.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:13 am
DeS wrote:Might happen. The "Golden Boy" (his nickname in Europe, because he led two different teams to get 3 straight Euroleague titles) comes to the "Golden State" :)

Hi DeS,
Nice to see you.
Never thought about Golden-Golden association before. Hope it will be better than in Indiana.

TMC - Do you think Saras will get minutes? Currently Baron is great at 37.7 mpg.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:20 am
Israfan wrote:TMC - Do you think Saras will get minutes? Currently Baron is great at 37.7 mpg.

Well, Baron will probably keep playing around 35 min per game (maybe more if healthy). Saras will probably have 15-20 minutes, pending on how well he's playing. I really doubt he'll see time at SG (certainly not when J-Rich comes back, but he may play a bit more now that he's out for at least a month). Right now, I'd say he'll have only backup minutes while Baron stays on the bench.

That could change, tho, as Nellie falls in love with certain players for (apparently) no reason.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:58 am
I like to welcome Israfan, DeS, and blow to the board. I'm sure you guys will enjoy this because we are all pretty passionate here. I am celebrating my 1 year anniversary on the board. For themost part it has been quite enjoyable. i guess you can tell by the numbers of my posting in one year.

Back to the Warriors. I think the fans out here will automatically give their support to any new player until he proves he is not worthy of the support. We gave long leash to Mike Dunleavy. We were not enamored with the POB draft pick but we pretty much kept a wait and see attitude. He just hasn't shown much, so some of us turned on him prettyquckly (me included). Now that he is back from the D-League I'm all for giving him another chance to earn my support. he has started that proces already with a nice effort in the Clippers game last night.

All we really ask from a player is that he hustles and show that he cares. Mike and Murph looked un-interested mos of the time, and I think that has contributed to the unpopularity as much as their lack of production. :agrue:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:05 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:We were not enamored with the POB draft pick but we pretty much kept a wait and see attitude. He just hasn't shown much, so some of us turned on him prettyquckly (me included). Now that he is back from the D-League I'm all for giving him another chance to earn my support. he has started that proces already with a nice effort in the Clippers game last night.

I've got the feeling that he'll go back to the NBDL once we have the new players available.

We'll probably keep Azukfnasfkie... Sambucca and Powell in the roster and let POB play this season in the NBDL so he gets more playing time. He has no place in the team if we're gonna fight for the playoffs.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:10 am
jsw548 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
jsw548 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Hope you guys are smarter than the Latvians that came with AB :roll:

Welcome to the board. Hope you guys stay active

What the hell is with your Nash picture?

what about it? it has nash making the impossible shot while getting fouled. Is that not what it shows on your computer?

Why not find a spectacular play by Baron or one of the other W's?

I've had warriors sigs for a while, just like to change it up by respecting the most exciting player in basketball
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:14 am
TMC wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

I've got the feeling that he'll go back to the NBDL once we have the new players available.

We'll probably keep Azukfnasfkie... Sambucca and Powell in the roster and let POB play this season in the NBDL so he gets more playing time. He has no place in the team if we're gonna fight for the playoffs.

I saw some effort out of him last night and he showed some good hands. He bloked a shot and changed a few. He still looks very awkward trying to take a shot but he didn't appear to be overwhelmed. he made a real nifty pass, also. I starting to think he needs to continue to be around the big boys in the NBA, even if he doesn't play. I think it would help him feel that he belongs up here. I think senting him back down again will hurt his ego even more.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:42 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:I saw some effort out of him last night and he showed some good hands. He bloked a shot and changed a few. He still looks very awkward trying to take a shot but he didn't appear to be overwhelmed. he made a real nifty pass, also. I starting to think he needs to continue to be around the big boys in the NBA, even if he doesn't play. I think it would help him feel that he belongs up here. I think senting him back down again will hurt his ego even more.

Don't know about that. Nellie won't pay much attention to him if he's worried about winning games. That's why Ike didn't play. The best way to develop is by playing, and I can't see POB playing much this year. Garbage time, at best.

About yesterday's game... he put a couple of good blocks, but also played 10 minutes and didn't get a single board... He looks too soft for the NBA. At least right now. That's also a reason to make him play as much as possible.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:54 am
ReginaldLewis wrote: I starting to think he needs to continue to be around the big boys in the NBA, even if he doesn't play. I think it would help him feel that he belongs up here. I think senting him back down again will hurt his ego even more.

I'll disagree. POB seems like someone that might be content to just settle in, sit at the end of the bench and play in garbage time.

He needs to go down to the minors and fight his way back up. As the Ws get healthy and with all the new players, he will not be needed just as a functioning body anymore and there will be no need to bring him back up unless he can really contribute.

If being stuck in the minors is not incentive enough to really improve, then AMF (adios my friend).

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:20 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Hope you guys are smarter than the Latvians that came with AB :roll:

Welcome to the board. Hope you guys stay active

hey, what a hack? :roll: :?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:22 pm
He wasn't talking about you. There was an AB fan a while back from Latvia who made absolutely no sense at all. A Euro-version of our favorite local troll, J-Rich.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:50 pm
ok, no offence! There are always some freaks in every nation :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball