Crazy Ass Stephen Jackson

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:05 pm
OK. I know theres gonna be a ton of new topics concerning this trade. Trade was a monster steal by Mullin/Nellie whoever. But I wanna mention how far the Warriors have come as a franchise with this trade.

#1. The Warriors have finally gotten over the Latrell Sprewell incident. After that we were deathly afraid to aquire anyone who might be "thugish". And this led to our horrible drafts pre-mullin. Now the Warriors have shown they are no longer afraid of aquiring someone who has talent and might be a thug. This can only help the team.

#2. Without having Baron Davis here this deal wouldnt have gotten done. Baron is an Alpha Dog, he will keep Jackson in line. Certain NBA players are like pitbulls, they need someone to keep them in check but that person another "dog" someone with enough credibility street or NBA. And if there is no one on the team or in the organization to keep them in check they will act wild.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:50 pm
so does this mean you will be changing your name?!?!?!?
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:52 pm
This is kind of bittersweet for me. I absolutely HATE Stephen Jackson. Biggest thug in the NBA. But I like Harrington and Sarunas. I don't know about trading Diogu, I'm tellin ya'll he's gonna be a star one day - a future Charles Barkley. If this trade doesn't yield playoff results it will be a bad one because the Warriors are still .500 this year with a depleted roster - which is the best position they've been in in years.

Use Jackson as trade bait and try to get Maggette.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:00 pm
I agree, I'd like to see Jackson get moved again to the Clip for Maggette or for an expiring contract.

I think a healthy Pietrus can do what Jackson does but for less cash . . . and less baggage.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:07 pm
I love MP but I think Jackson has better handels than him, they both shoot well except SJ can hit the three from behind the arc in more places but the corners. MP is probably a better defender so maybey they equal each other out, and that is not such a bad thing. BD will keep Jackson in check.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:12 pm
GSW2006 wrote:Use Jackson as trade bait and try to get Maggette.

Wow! Got tired of my chainsaw, came in to eat, innocently logged on and....!

Yes, if Jackson is mental, then trade him now before something happens. The trade can be a lateral move, talent-wise, and the Ws will still be ahead.

I don't think anyone expected a trade this good. Heck, I posted a couple of times to the effect that these players weren'g going anywhere and to get used to them.

We could discuss my other predictions...no, let's not.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:13 pm
GSW2006 wrote:This is kind of bittersweet for me. I absolutely HATE Stephen Jackson. Biggest thug in the NBA. But I like Harrington and Sarunas. I don't know about trading Diogu, I'm tellin ya'll he's gonna be a star one day - a future Charles Barkley. If this trade doesn't yield playoff results it will be a bad one because the Warriors are still .500 this year with a depleted roster - which is the best position they've been in in years.

I love Stephen Jackson. This team needs some toughness and some swagger. Jackson gives the Warriors a player who will run the floor, play defesne, rebound, and get into the face of anyone whom he is guarding. This team is now tougher, bigger, and better.

Also, we now have a good backup point guard to spell Davis.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:14 pm
uptempo wrote:Also, we now have a good backup point guard to spell Davis.

Yeah, S-Jax is a small part of the deal but he should be a very good addition. He might look like filler but he really sweetens the pot - much better than McLeod ever could.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:20 pm
Thunder wrote:
uptempo wrote:Also, we now have a good backup point guard to spell Davis.

Yeah, S-Jax is a small part of the deal but he should be a very good addition. He might look like filler but he really sweetens the pot - much better than McLeod ever could.

Yep. He's 29-30 years of age I believe. He didn't come to the NBA until last season I believe. Sarunas is actually a real good backup. I like this kid, er, well, player. Can't say kid really.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:27 pm
uptempo wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:This is kind of bittersweet for me. I absolutely HATE Stephen Jackson. Biggest thug in the NBA. But I like Harrington and Sarunas. I don't know about trading Diogu, I'm tellin ya'll he's gonna be a star one day - a future Charles Barkley. If this trade doesn't yield playoff results it will be a bad one because the Warriors are still .500 this year with a depleted roster - which is the best position they've been in in years.

I love Stephen Jackson. This team needs some toughness and some swagger.

thats exactly what my first thought was.This trade brings some attitude and toughness the warriors have lacked for a long time.Jackson would have to know hes on his last chance too

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm
I would hope Stephen Jackson never plays in a GSW uniform.

I would've moved all 4 players for Al Harrington alone.

Spin SJ for a shite contract and move on.

Good deal Mully/Nelly.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:08 am
Quazza wrote:
uptempo wrote:

thats exactly what my first thought was.This trade brings some attitude and toughness the warriors have lacked for a long time.Jackson would have to know hes on his last chance too

Time will tell what happens. Jackson played well in the Spurs and without being a bad attitude but it will be seen what good he can add to the team. If he is good, Pietrus is out of here once his contract ends

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:16 am
migya wrote:Time will tell what happens. Jackson played well in the Spurs and without being a bad attitude but it will be seen what good he can add to the team. If he is good, Pietrus is out of here once his contract ends

Yeah, Jackson also played great for Atlanta. If we can get back that Jackson, it's a steal... if not, well, moving Jackson should be easier than Dun or Murphy.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:09 am
Fans need to pay more attention to the games. Be aware of where Jackson is at all times and be prepared to protect yourselves. If you find him in front of your seat, cover up. Stick and move, circling to the right. When he starts to throw his right hand, try to beat him to the punch. Get him in a clench and keep him from using his length from the outside when he's trying to punch you. Hopefully security will get there before things get out of hand. Perhaps you'll do well in the post-brawl lawsuit.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:18 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
uptempo wrote:

Time will tell what happens. Jackson played well in the Spurs and without being a bad attitude but it will be seen what good he can add to the team. If he is good, Pietrus is out of here once his contract ends

Very astute analysis; however, Pietrus plays well in Nelson's sytem.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball