Should I be nervous?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:45 pm
As happy as I am to see the trade go down and to have fresh energy and no more mullets - I'm also nervous.
Two concerns:
1. The old saying by Kevin McHale - "I don't care if a guy can jump out of the gym - can he play this game?" - do we have a bunch of athletes and scorers now? Do we have complete players?
Say what you want for dun but when he played good I think he made players around him better (in one out overy five games or so). Obviously Ike can get boards and score down low with putbacks so he doesn't need the ball to make a difference. All the guys we got want the rock! without it they don't know what to do with themselves. what does this mean for Monte, Barnes, Pietrus, Bierdins, J-Rich (i know baron will get his)?

2. who gets PT? How will this effect team chemistry? Is Barnes now way down on the bench? Is Monta going to be behind Sarunas, Baron, J-Rich AND stephen jackson? I think Nelly is going to play who produces, which is good, but I guess I'll be bummed if we lose Monta to place where he gets more PT in the off season.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:59 pm
sleepyfloyd wrote:As happy as I am to see the trade go down and to have fresh energy and no more mullets - I'm also nervous.
Two concerns:
1. The old saying by Kevin McHale - "I don't care if a guy can jump out of the gym - can he play this game?" - do we have a bunch of athletes and scorers now? Do we have complete players?
Say what you want for dun but when he played good I think he made players around him better (in one out overy five games or so). Obviously Ike can get boards and score down low with putbacks so he doesn't need the ball to make a difference. All the guys we got want the rock! without it they don't know what to do with themselves. what does this mean for Monte, Barnes, Pietrus, Bierdins, J-Rich (i know baron will get his)?

2. who gets PT? How will this effect team chemistry? Is Barnes now way down on the bench? Is Monta going to be behind Sarunas, Baron, J-Rich AND stephen jackson? I think Nelly is going to play who produces, which is good, but I guess I'll be bummed if we lose Monta to place where he gets more PT in the off season.

I"m trying to think of it this way. We traded bench players for at least one starter. That's about as simple as I can handle for now until I see the chemistry when our newbies arrive.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:34 pm
sleepyfloyd wrote:As happy as I am to see the trade go down and to have fresh energy and no more mullets - I'm also nervous.
Two concerns:

we traded **** players with bad contracts for good players with better contracts. nuff said
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:52 pm
Two concerns:

Can we trade this guy to the Indiana Pacers Message Board since he likes dunleavy so much. What a joke.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:13 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:
Two concerns:

Can we trade this guy to the Indiana Pacers Message Board since he likes dunleavy so much. What a joke.
:D Hahahahahahah! Consider it done...
This season is not a flop.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:06 am
That could be an issue how the new guys like to shoot alot but it'll have to be seen! Mullin can always trade one or more of them again

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:02 am
Two concerns:

Barnes will suffer in this I think. There's no way Jackson is ahead of Monta in the rotation. Not even close. Besides. I think he's a forward in Nellie ball.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:20 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:Say what you want for dun but when he played good I think he made players around him look better

Fixed that first part for you, buddy. :wink:

sleepyfloyd wrote:who gets PT? How will this effect team chemistry? Is Barnes now way down on the bench? Is Monta going to be behind Sarunas, Baron, J-Rich AND stephen jackson? I think Nelly is going to play who produces, which is good, but I guess I'll be bummed if we lose Monta to place where he gets more PT in the off season.

You know, I guess it's going to be something like this:

PG.- Baron / Saras
SG.- J-Rich / Monta
SF.- Pietrus / S-Jax
PF.- Al / Barnes
C.- Biedrins / Foyle

As for the minutes... Nellie probably will go with the hot hand, keeping the ones that are playing better in each game.

It was a great trade. We improved both the starting lineup and the bench with it.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:57 am
TMC wrote:You know, I guess it's going to be something like this:

PG.- Baron / Saras
SG.- J-Rich / Monta
SF.- Pietrus / S-Jax
PF.- Al / Barnes
C.- Biedrins / Foyle

Actually I don't like the idea to play SJax and Saras in the same unit - last
year he pretty much freezed out Saras on the offensive end. Actually SJax is very sellfish player and playing him affects ball movement. Otoh, if the coach will handle SJax issues, he could be a nice addition as SJax can play defence and sometimes (when he's having a good night) light it up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:13 am
DeS wrote:Actually I don't like the idea to play SJax and Saras in the same unit - last
year he pretty much freezed out Saras on the offensive end. Actually SJax is very sellfish player and playing him affects ball movement.

Then it would be even worse playing him with Baron...

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:23 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:As happy as I am to see the trade go down and to have fresh energy and no more mullets.

Are those mullets? I looked it up once and it seemed that mullets are short in front and long in back. The Joe Dirt look.

Long hair is fine with me, but those ribbons...

Gary R on KNBR said more than once how his wife looked up at the tv and said that "those ribbons are not a good look".
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:47 am
TMC wrote:
sleepyfloyd wrote:who gets PT? How will this effect team chemistry? Is Barnes now way down on the bench? Is Monta going to be behind Sarunas, Baron, J-Rich AND stephen jackson? I think Nelly is going to play who produces, which is good, but I guess I'll be bummed if we lose Monta to place where he gets more PT in the off season.

You know, I guess it's going to be something like this:

PG.- Baron / Saras
SG.- J-Rich / Monta
SF.- Pietrus / S-Jax
PF.- Al / Barnes
C.- Biedrins / Foyle

As for the minutes... Nellie probably will go with the hot hand, keeping the ones that are playing better in each game.

It was a great trade. We improved both the starting lineup and the bench with it.

I agree with this lineup but SJackson might get more minutes than Pietrus is if he is shooting well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:53 am
migya wrote:I agree with this lineup but SJackson might get more minutes than Pietrus is if he is shooting well

Heck, if he plays like against the Cavs (I'm not saying he has to have those numbers. I was referring to the way he played), Nellie won't be able to keep him out of the starting lineup, be it as SG or SF.

Return to Warriors Basketball