THE LATEST ON POB

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:18 am
Well it doesn't look like POB is fairng very well in the Development League. I just read he is averaging just 6.6 points per game on 42.4 percent shooting and 7.8 rebounds per game. Those are hardly stats that will get him back into the NBA soon. At 7'0", he should be able to average a double-double by just standing underneath both baskets. No 7'0' center should less than 50 percent shooting.

Being tall is no longer enough in the NBA. I hear the Warriors talk about how athletic guy is. That's just another way of saying the guy can run and jump. But what good is running and jumping if you are weak and continuosly get pushed off the block?

Mully blew it big time on this guy. He may have blew it on Diogu (bastard size, not big enough for a 4 and not quick enough for a 3). Mully looks like he got a hit with Monta. Mully blew it with the Murphy, Dunleavy Foyle contracts. By my score keeping that is 1 win, 3 losses, and 1 tie. :cry:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:25 am
yeah, pretty much agree except about diogu not working. I still see diogu as having potential to be a poor man's elton brand. Right now his problem is that he doesn't know the playbook and can't set a screen to save his life, not that he isn't good enough
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:50 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:Mully blew it big time on this guy. He may have blew it on Diogu (bastard size, not big enough for a 4 and not quick enough for a 3). Mully looks like he got a hit with Monta. Mully blew it with the Murphy, Dunleavy Foyle contracts. By my score keeping that is 1 win, 3 losses, and 1 tie. :cry:

Hey, if we count the bad contracts, we also have to count the good ones (J-Rich and... well, J-Rich) :wink:

btw, POB sucks. Not because he doesn't have skills, but because he seems like a slacker. That will make you suck on any level, be it NBA or NBDL.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:51 am
TMC wrote:btw, POB sucks. Not because he doesn't have skills, but because he seems like a slacker. That will make you suck on any level, be it NBA or NBDL.

Unless you're lamar odom and you're maybe the most talented player of all time but just don't give a ****
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:53 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:Mully blew it big time on this guy. He may have blew it on Diogu (bastard size, not big enough for a 4 and not quick enough for a 3). Mully looks like he got a hit with Monta. Mully blew it with the Murphy, Dunleavy Foyle contracts. By my score keeping that is 1 win, 3 losses, and 1 tie. :cry:

Mully also pulled off that nice trade for BD, sign Don Nelson, and I wouldn't say that getting Ike was a negative either; not yet anyway.
Last edited by Josh Jamison on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:55 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:btw, POB sucks. Not because he doesn't have skills, but because he seems like a slacker. That will make you suck on any level, be it NBA or NBDL.

Unless you're lamar odom and you're maybe the most talented player of all time but just don't give a ****

Well, yeah... but that's not POB's case. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:56 am
This guy is turning into Adonal Foyle already.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:02 pm
John Patrick wrote:This guy is turning into Adonal Foyle already.

Nope. Adonal's our leading shot blocker in franchise history. Say what you want about him, but he's great (at one thing, at least...) :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:49 pm
TMC wrote:
John Patrick wrote:This guy is turning into Adonal Foyle already.

Nope. Adonal's our leading shot blocker in franchise history. Say what you want about him, but he's great (at one thing, at least...) :wink:

Yea, but he’s been here since the Civil War. :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:53 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:Well it doesn't look like POB is fairng very well in the Development League. I just read he is averaging just 6.6 points per game on 42.4 percent shooting and 7.8 rebounds per game. Those are hardly stats that will get him back into the NBA soon. At 7'0", he should be able to average a double-double by just standing underneath both baskets. No 7'0' center should less than 50 percent shooting.

Being tall is no longer enough in the NBA. I hear the Warriors talk about how athletic guy is. That's just another way of saying the guy can run and jump. But what good is running and jumping if you are weak and continuosly get pushed off the block?

Mully blew it big time on this guy. He may have blew it on Diogu (bastard size, not big enough for a 4 and not quick enough for a 3). Mully looks like he got a hit with Monta. Mully blew it with the Murphy, Dunleavy Foyle contracts. By my score keeping that is 1 win, 3 losses, and 1 tie. :cry:

This progress report is quite depressing.

Monta and Biedrens were both good picks, but, then again, even a blind squirrel occassionally finds a nut in the forrest.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:21 pm
Let's at least see how the kid does 3 or 4 years from now. The one thing I hate the most about our Golden State Warriors fans is how quick we are to rip on our players. It's getting to the point where I think the team would be better off moving to a new city.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:39 pm
Golden wrote:Let's at least see how the kid does 3 or 4 years from now. The one thing I hate the most about our Golden State Warriors fans is how quick we are to rip on our players. It's getting to the point where I think the team would be better off moving to a new city.

Bold statement; but refreshing... and true, to a certain point.

ReginaldLewis wrote:Well it doesn't look like POB is fairng very well in the Development League. I just read he is averaging just 6.6 points per game on 42.4 percent shooting and 7.8 rebounds per game. Those are hardly stats that will get him back into the NBA soon. At 7'0", he should be able to average a double-double by just standing underneath both baskets. No 7'0' center should less than 50 percent shooting.

That's why they sent him down there; because he wasn't ready.

O'Bryant was never going to instantaneously take over the D-League and get back on the Warriors roster this year; that was never the plan. O'Bryant wont be back until at least next year; possibly mid-season next year. The guy has a lot of things he needs to brush up on: first, and foremost, he needs to bulk up.

The reason O'Bryant's shots weren't dropping in the NBA was because he was being pushed around by stronger players, forcing him to shoot outer hook shots, rather than the easy inside buckets he's used to. If PO'B gains 15-20 pounds, he'll be a beast. It will help his rebounding and his inside scoring. O'Bryant can run and jump; but he's 7-feet tall and paper thin. Dwight Howard came into the league looking exactly like Patrick O'Bryant... and now the guy is solid muscle. O'Bryant has a reputation for improving his game, so I wouldn't put physical improvement past him. He's getting an NBA pedigree to be the Warriors' center of the future (he's getting way more pampered than Biedrins ever was).

Once Patrick O'Bryant muscles up, his numbers will improve. The guy's a shot-blocker, first and foremost, and he can rebound. That's what we want. But, as far as scoring goes, he came into the league more polished than Biedrins. If he can develop as well as Andris did, he can be a 14 PPG scorer (no doubt).

Reserve your judgement on this kid until next season. And, even then, I think that's too soon.
Last edited by 32 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:39 pm
Golden wrote:Let's at least see how the kid does 3 or 4 years from now. The one thing I hate the most about our Golden State Warriors fans is how quick we are to rip on our players. It's getting to the point where I think the team would be better off moving to a new city.

People are not quick to "rip on our player." Dude, it has been 12 seasons since this team has been in the playoffs. Do you understand what that means? This team has had 12 straight years in the lottery. If anything, the fanbase has been quite patient, more so than any franchise in the Association. The Oracle attendance is always near sold out or sold out; compare this to Atlanta or even the Clippers (who were the benchmark for futility before the Warriors ascended/descended to the throne).

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:52 pm
uptempo wrote:

People are not quick to "rip on our player." Dude, it has been 12 seasons since this team has been in the playoffs. Do you understand what that means? This team has had 12 straight years in the lottery. If anything, the fanbase has been quite patient, more so than any franchise in the Association. The Oracle attendance is always near sold out or sold out; compare this to Atlanta or even the Clippers (who were the benchmark for futility before the Warriors ascended/descended to the throne).

If our fan base is so great than tell me why we can't keep any good players around. After the season is over there is a very good chance that players like MB, MP, TM, and maybe AB want be around. If there not I don't blame them one bit. The problems are not with the players its the first office. :evil:

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:54 pm
#32 wrote:

Bold statement; but refreshing... and true, to a certain point.

That's why they sent him down there; because he wasn't ready.

O'Bryant was never going to instantaneously take over the D-League and get back on the Warriors roster this year; that was never the plan. O'Bryant wont be back until at least next year; possibly mid-season next year. The guy has a lot of things he needs to brush up on: first, and foremost, he needs to bulk up.

The reason O'Bryant's shots weren't dropping in the NBA was because he was being pushed around by stronger players, forcing him to shoot outer hook shots, rather than the easy inside buckets he's used to. If PO'B gains 15-20 pounds, he'll be a beast. It will help his rebounding and his inside scoring. O'Bryant can run and jump; but he's 7-feet tall and paper thin. Dwight Howard came into the league looking exactly like Patrick O'Bryant... and now the guy is solid muscle. O'Bryant has a reputation for improving his game, so I wouldn't put physical improvement past him. He's getting an NBA pedigree to be the Warriors' center of the future (he's getting way more pampered than Biedrins ever was).

Once Patrick O'Bryant muscles up, his numbers will improve. The guy's a shot-blocker, first and foremost, and he can rebound. That's what we want. But, as far as scoring goes, he came into the league more polished than Biedrins. If he can develop as well as Andris did, he can be a 14 PPG scorer (no doubt).

Reserve your judgement on this kid until next season. And, even then, I think that's too soon.

=D>
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball