Ike's Class

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:56 am
Why were forwards such as the Charlotte Bobcats' Sean May (11.8 ppg, 6.8 rpg), the Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (12.1, 4.9) and the Memphis Grizzlies' Hakim Warrick (12.8, 4.6) -- all of whom were picked after Diogu in 2005 -- having more of an impact on their teams than Ike?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:08 am
Easy one. They play more.

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:15 am
TMC wrote:Easy one. They play more.


Good point.

Why do they play more?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:23 am
uptempo wrote:Why do they play more?


:dontknow: Ask Nellie, not me. :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:29 am
TMC wrote:
uptempo wrote:Why do they play more?


:dontknow: Ask Nellie, not me. :wink:


LOL!

I would think that Nelson would say that Ike has not played well enough to warrant more playing time.

On the other hand, Ike looks like he is pressing and struggling with Nelson's offense, as do most players who are over 6'7.

Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:28 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:56 am
uptempo wrote:
TMC wrote:Easy one. They play more.


Good point.

Why do they play more?


It makes no sense to see Ike get less minutes than the other players.Ike has a lot of talent.I do think the Warriors will make a deal before the deadline.Just keep Ike Diogu and get rid of Murphy and Dunleavy.Phoenix has 3 ist round picks in this draft and I would love to wrestle a ist round pick away from them.On the other hand I doubt if the 76ers would trade any of their ist round picks,since they are trying to escape their cap problems. :)

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:07 am
is1531 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
TMC wrote:Easy one. They play more.


Good point.

Why do they play more?


It makes no sense to see Ike get less minutes than the other players.Ike has a lot of talent.I do think the Warriors will make a deal before the deadline.Just keep Ike Diogu and get rid of Murphy and Dunleavy.Phoenix has 3 ist round picks in this draft and I would love to wrestle a ist round pick away from them.On the other hand I doubt if the 76ers would trade any of their ist round picks,since they are trying to escape their cap problems. :)


Yeah, but, who would want Murphy and Dunleavy. In order to get rid of them, somebody would have to want them. Mullin, by giving these two stiffs their big contracts, pretty much has ensured that they are going to be with the Warriors throughout the duration of their contracts.

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:24 pm
uptempo wrote:
is1531 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
TMC wrote:Easy one. They play more.


Good point.

Why do they play more?


It makes no sense to see Ike get less minutes than the other players.Ike has a lot of talent.I do think the Warriors will make a deal before the deadline.Just keep Ike Diogu and get rid of Murphy and Dunleavy.Phoenix has 3 ist round picks in this draft and I would love to wrestle a ist round pick away from them.On the other hand I doubt if the 76ers would trade any of their ist round picks,since they are trying to escape their cap problems. :

Yeah, but, who would want Murphy and Dunleavy. In order to get rid of them, somebody would have to want them. Mullin, by giving these two stiffs their big contracts, pretty much has ensured that they are going to be with the Warriors throughout the duration of their contracts.[/quot

[b]Not only that. But the big money will ensure that Murphy and Dunleavy get significant playing time. No way will Mr. Cohan tolerate his big money players sittng on the bench. Plus that would show up Mullin as a GM.
:oops:

All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:54 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote: Yeah, but, who would want Murphy and Dunleavy. In order to get rid of them, somebody would have to want them. Mullin, by giving these two stiffs their big contracts, pretty much has ensured that they are going to be with the Warriors throughout the duration of their contracts.[/quot

Not only that. But the big money will ensure that Murphy and Dunleavy get significant playing time. No way will Mr. Cohan tolerate his big money players sitting on the bench. Plus that would show up Mullin as a GM. :oops:


Jeeze, what choice does Cohan have? Pay zillions to buy out two or three expensive players? Even if he does, aren't there still luxury tax and cap problems?

Demand that they play big minutes? It is too late as they already have limited roles and playing time, except when Ws are down on numbers because of injury.

From what I can see, he is not a meddling sort of owner. At this point, how worried is he about Mullin being shown up?

Overpriced role players are not new. Only hope is to get them to play useful bench roles, get noticed and hope maybe one of them can be traded and maybe another can be bought out. Two out of three isn't too bad, but it won't be easy.

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:14 pm
carlgo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:...Not only that. But the big money will ensure that Murphy and Dunleavy get significant playing time. No way will Mr. Cohan tolerate his big money players sitting on the bench. Plus that would show up Mullin as a GM.[/b] :oops:



...sigh...that is the real problem with this team; everyone covering up for Mullin's mistakes. Our collective co-dependency has only prolonged the misery of this once proud franchise.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 pm
TMC wrote:Easy one. They play more.



And that's the only thing!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uptempo and 2 guests