The difference between the suns and the warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:09 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Having Butler now would be sweet but that wouldn't mean many more wins neccessarily

You gotta be joking, right?. Butler is 30 times the player Dunleavy is. We probably would have been in the playoffs already.

And I'm not saying that Butler is a star, but a solid starter would have been good enough to improve this team by leaps and bounds. Butler gives you 70 good games per year. Dun gives you 5.

Look at this season, with a good allround player in Pietrus and Barnes and you see that one good player doesn't make much of a difference. Butler doesn't play much defense and that just makes the situation of the team not change any as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:14 am
migya wrote:Look at this season, with a good allround player in Pietrus and Barnes and you see that one good player doesn't make much of a difference. Butler doesn't play much defense and that just makes the situation of the team not change any as well

Silly me. I thought that someone that averages 20.8 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 3.8 apg and 1.92 steals (while shooting .490 fg and .663 for the last 10 games) would be an improvement over what we have at SF. How wrong I was... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:30 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Look at this season, with a good allround player in Pietrus and Barnes and you see that one good player doesn't make much of a difference. Butler doesn't play much defense and that just makes the situation of the team not change any as well

Silly me. I thought that someone that averages 20.8 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 3.8 apg and 1.92 steals (while shooting .490 fg and .663 for the last 10 games) would be an improvement over what we have at SF. How wrong I was... :mrgreen:

Dun himself has had 3 straight games of great production, so what :dontknow:
Not everyone can score over 20 a game and be sure that Butler wouldn't here, not with Baron, Monta, Barnes, Pietrus and the rest of the scorers we have. The team needs a much more allround player that plays DEFENSE and not just another put the ball in the basket a bit man

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:41 am
migya wrote:Not everyone can score over 20 a game and be sure that Butler wouldn't here, not with Baron, Monta, Barnes, Pietrus and the rest of the scorers we have.

Hey, he's doing it with Arenas and Jamison in his team...

migya wrote:The team needs a much more allround player that plays DEFENSE and not just another put the ball in the basket a bit man

Yeah, it would have been nice to have Scottie Pippen, but this is about the draft that got us Dunleavy, not about choosing what would be better.

btw, with Nellie, having Caron would be better than a defensive minded SF. The coach also counts. Butler would have been perfect for this team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:45 pm
I just don't see the team being that much better with Butler right now, just because it would take away from Pietrus and Barnes, who are more allround players than Butler. He would be an improvement but since he doesn't do anything that a few of the players on the team don't already do. Interesting also about Butler is that he doesn't have a good outside shot

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:29 am
migya wrote:I just don't see the team being that much better with Butler right now, just because it would take away from Pietrus and Barnes, who are more allround players than Butler.

btw, Pietrus and Barnes are not more all-around players. Also, Barnes is playing SF, so it wouldn't take anything from him.

migya wrote:Interesting also about Butler is that he doesn't have a good outside shot

And another outside shooter is exactly what we don't need. Come one, everybody shoots the three for us...

In other words:

HATER :protest:

:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:07 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I just don't see the team being that much better with Butler right now, just because it would take away from Pietrus and Barnes, who are more allround players than Butler.

btw, Pietrus and Barnes are not more all-around players. Also, Barnes is playing SF, so it wouldn't take anything from him.

migya wrote:Interesting also about Butler is that he doesn't have a good outside shot

And another outside shooter is exactly what we don't need. Come one, everybody shoots the three for us...

In other words:

HATER :protest:

Very nice

Pietrus and Barnes are doing pretty much everything while Butler is predominantly a scorer. Not being a good three point shooter is also a hinderance if you don't do much else but he does break down a defense well so that is a good thing

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball