Who Really Cares About Free Throws?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:56 pm
Thanks, Mig, for looking into moving this to the Sports Section. I think most people will agree it’s best. And no one wants to hate on Bob [because of this] and vice versa.



And, who knows, maybe we'll shoot better FTs, too! :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:44 pm
Truth is .. you guys really don't care if this thread has anything to do with the Golden State Warriors or not ...

What does this thread have to do with the Golden State Warriors?
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3341

Or this one?
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3219
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:48 pm
SoCooLBob wrote:Truth is .. you guys really don't care if this thread has anything to do with the Golden State Warriors or not ...

What does this thread have to do with the Golden State Warriors?
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3341

Or this one?
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3219

fair point but I think the true difference is that they're popular and people like them (and I know you're going to site the 25000 views stat but any thread would have equal "success" if it were dragged along like that for two years)
ImageImage
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:53 pm
The lack of popularity of the underhand free throw is unquestionable.
The incredible lack of respect demonstrated by so many, so often, so frequently, for me and this thread, is, I guess, equally unquestionable.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pk31xFbckhQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="340" height="280"></embed>

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:25000 views


45,000 Views

Your collective comments, attitudes and behaviors are, frankly, disgusting.

On International Who Can Make The Most Free Throws Day,
The Golden State Warriors made 54 Percent Of Their Freethrows


But, that's not disgusting.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:04 am
SoCooLBob wrote:Your collective comments, attitudes and behaviors are, frankly, disgusting.

Once again, degrading the conversation into pure insults. Even after others post comments like these (which were, obviously, ignored):

CjR wrote:I think most people will agree it’s best. And no one wants to hate on Bob [because of this] and vice versa.


Hearing what you want to hear again, I see.

What a model Christian you are, SoCoolBob. :roll:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:14 am
#32 wrote:
SoCooLBob wrote:Your collective comments, attitudes and behaviors are, frankly, disgusting.

Once again, degrading the conversation into pure insults. Even after others post comments like these (which were, obviously, ignored):

CjR wrote:I think most people will agree it’s best. And no one wants to hate on Bob [because of this] and vice versa.


Hearing what you want to hear again, I see.

What a model Christian you are, SoCoolBob. :roll:


tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Bob is like Slovadon Malosevic. We just got to deal with him for about 40 years until the ICJ comes and deems what he's doing as war crimes for torturing 741 registered users by last count :mrgreen:


I guess that means that you don't think this is "hate" speech? huh my good friend Mr. #32?

And just exactly what was it that I said that you considered insulting?

tradedunleavy wrote:Its gotten to the point of being weird, like eat your neighbors weird.


#32 wrote:Nobody here is bored enough to video-tape themselves shooting free throws. Enough already. You aren't going to get a clip from someone, no matter how many times you hint at it.


#32 wrote:What a model Christian you are, SoCoolBob. :roll:


Nobody may "want" to hate on SoCô¿ôL Bob ... but ... everybody IS hating on SoCô¿ôL Bob ... and that's a FACT
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:29 am
I won't speak for tradedunleavy, but don't even try quoting me and Pest, Bob. We approached you very normally and you turned this into a spat. While I'm trying my best to remain civil with you (a one-way street, I know), you pissed Pest off to the point where he doesn't respect you anymore (outright calling somebody a 'liar' after they approach you cordially and respectfully will do that).

But don't turn around and act like you're being attacked. You can't shoot first, then play the victim. Don't be a spin doctor, Bob. It loses credibility.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:35 am
#32 ... I will simply repeat to you what I've said before ...

You seldom tell the truth when speaking to me.
Personally, I find ignoring Bob much more satisfying (and fruitful) than trying to talk reason into him.

#32 wrote:We approached you very normally


Image

You say one thing and then do another ... over and over and over.

And then, you blame ME for it.

None of the preceding comments have ANYTHING to do with what I posted.
I made NO REFERENCES to ANYBODY
I made ABSOLUTELY NO REFERENCES TO ANYBODY
NONE, ZERO, ZIP .. except Mr. Biedrins and Mr. Barnett
NONE

I merely made another comment about free throws ...
and then came the following spewings .. including yours.

These are just FACTS
What you think of me is what you think of me and continues to have
little to do with the TRUTH about ANYTHING.

And ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with FREE THROWS
And ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with FREE THROWS
And ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with FREE THROWS

And what does this thread have to do with The Golden State Warriors
For my part, my comment was this ...

SoCooLBob wrote:I couldn't help but notice Jim Barnett's comment during last night's telecast of the Golden State Warrior game ...

"Andris Biedrins has certainly turned his free throw shooting around."

After 33 games he is shooting 56 Percent


Now you read the two pages of comments that follow.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:11 am
SoCooLBob wrote:#32 ... I will simply repeat to you what I've said before ...

You seldom tell the truth when speaking to me.
Personally, I find ignoring Bob much more satisfying (and fruitful) than trying to talk reason into him.

#32 wrote:We approached you very normally


Image

And, once again, you, Bob, are swerving the truth.

The second of my quotes in your previous post was clearly talking about 3 months ago, when Pest and I approached you normally and cordially. The first of my quotes (which you, not so coincidentally, placed in front) was simply where I've arrived at today, in relation to you. After trying to reason with you and appeal to your intellect, I've realized that's an excercise in futility (one that I'm not too keen on keeping up).

Therefore, I've found that ignoring your updates in this thread is much more satisfying than trying to logically convince you as to why this thread has nothing to do with the rest of the forum. Obviously, that does not include when others comment about my former cause (including you) or when others similarly share my distaste for this topic.

Occasionally chiming in to advise a fellow poster not to waste their time reasoning with you has nothing to do with my former cause. I've given up on bringing this thread to it's proper justice and, instead, I've begun purely speaking in it as a response to others (unless provoked by you, which is not an unusual happenstance).

This time, however, I'm going to take an alternate route because I've become so familiar with the formula you use, Bob. I know that after I respond to your thread, you're going to take several quotes out of this (and possibly previous) context(s) and wrongfully slander what I've said. You'll piece together 3 to 5 word sentences, scewing their true meaning, and create something entire new that looks similar to a cut-and-paste ransom note. After destroying the true nature of my words, you'll return to your old jargan about free throws, quitting, Christianity, and being attacked.

The end result will be a flimsy counter to a logical post. You'll pacify your own need to respond logically (because you feed into your own propaganda machine) and you'll stay without support from others (as I've said in the past, impartial moderators who shrug their shoulders and don't care, either way, about the fate of this thread do not count as your backup).

If it helps you sleep at night, I'm glad you can find the means. As for myself (getting back to the new approach I'm going to try tonight), I'm not going to respond to your stream of BS. Instead, I'll wait until somebody with a logical (or, at least, close to logical) opinion weighs their take into the conversation, and then I'll respond. Arguing with you is like running on a treadmill, Bob.

I hope for all the best for you, personally. There's no longer any ill will towards the man (although, I'll admit, there definately was during our spat, some time ago). My gripe (as it probably always will) lies solely with the thread. But, as I've said before, you'll keep doing what you want to do to satisfy your ego. You'll keep sending in more troops. You'll never admit your fault. And you'll deny the majority their rightful opinions. I guess that's just what makes you Georg... er, SoCoolBob.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:16 am
You continue to ignore your own comments about yourself ...

and others ...

It seems to me that you have said YOU SHOULD IGNORE THIS THREAD

It seems to me others have said YOU SHOULD IGNORE THIS THREAD

And yet .. here you are ... writing another book about what you think on the subject of SoCô¿ôL Bob ... and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about FREE THROWS

{except that you find that subject boring}

Which logical friend did you want to reinforce this logic?
And if they did, what would it change?

That you HAVE NOT IGNORED THIS THREAD?
That you HAVE NOT IGNORED SoCô¿ôL BOB?
That what you have ignored is the subject matter ... free throws.
And, this is MY FAULT? MY ERROR?
Your Mirror

#32 wrote: (one that I'm not too keen on keeping up).


THEN, JUST STOP IT !!!
So, VERY, VERY SIMPLE
STOP IT !!!
Last edited by SoCooLBob on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:21 am
Let's not have another spat guys!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:35 am
Go ahead Migya ... you can acknowledge ...
This is another spat. :agrue:
Oh how terrible it would be if you or anyone had to say SoCô¿ôL Bob
didn't start it ...

except by posting a totally appropriate comment about what Jim
Barnett said about Andris Biedrins free throws

and another comment about the basketball game between The Miami
Heat and The Golden State Warriors

Oh how terrible it would be if you or anyone had to acknowledge that
absolute NONE of the comments that followed had anything to do with ...

a) The Golden State Warriors
b) Jim Barnett
c) Andris Biedrins
d) The Miami Heat
e) and/or Free Throws

That would, indeed, be AWFUL :mrgreen:
TRUE ... but AWFUL :D
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:40 am
We'll probably have this moved to the Sports section and you can continue the way you have Bob
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:13 am
Please feel free to do whatever you like.
You have my permission to erase the thread entirely if you like.
Hopefully, when you do, you will understand it is YOUR choice .. or not
as you choose.
You can ignore the fact that my posting was about the Golden State Warriors
.. in the beginning and to the end.
You can ignore the fact that the original Master was the only Super Star
on the only Golden State Warrior team to ever win a championship.

Follow the folks who are bored.
Follow the folks who make claims that aren't true.
Follow the folks who make half their free throws ... or those who
make none at all.
It is and always has been Your Choice
You can ignore it all if you choose.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:29 am
Like I said, I will talk it over with TMC and hobbes and see what they think
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron