The difference between the suns and the warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:15 am
Looks like you'll be taking out some of my garbage there lill man!!! That's all you have to say??? You're very impressive!!! Truly you are!!! NOT!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:11 am
J-Rich wrote:Looks like you'll be taking out some of my garbage there lill man!!! That's all you have to say??? You're very impressive!!! Truly you are!!! NOT!!!

mm..that's all about all your worth to me? until you say something with some umph to it, you're not worth it...

lil man? "NOT!!!" what are you 12 years old?

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:30 am
aletha33 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Stop dreaming about the Suns!!! And please don't make that comparsion!!!! The W's aren't even close to the Suns so people need to wakeup and admit that the W's are still a terrible team!!!

This team is composed of players who are slashers! Whose weakness is constant outside shooting and FT shooting!!! We need players who play aggressive defense and a coach who will implement some hard defensive schemes!!! At least Artest would have brought that!!! The team could have spend less money and could have gotten maybe a Patterson or could have tried to get Jeffries who could have defended multi positions!!!

This team is bad and needs to find another piece in the draft!!! Because it would come via trade or a player coming back or free agency!!!

Good points. I would agree with you on your observations and suggestions.

You are one of the few realists on this board.

I still would like to see Nelson play the younger players, let them get experience and develop, and sit/trade/cut Dunleavy-Foyle-Murphy. At least with the youngsters, there is a chance for some upside. With the Dunleavy, Foyle, Murphy there is no upside; they have already peaked.

a realist?? LOL

wow, did you two come up with the idea that phoenix and the warriors aren't even in the same league?

you guys are like totally smart

:roll:

Al, what gives here?

JRich made an observation and a posting that I believe is right on; so, I acknowledged it.

No, we did not "come up with the idea that phoenix and the warriors aren't even in the same league." To even suggest so is somewhat ridiculous and a waste of time. This Warrior team has big problems starting with the front office and ending all the way down to the veterans on the roster.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:02 am
Thanks for the vote of confidence uptempo!!!

I'll give you another idea! The W's should have also tried to sign Mutumbo when his contract is up!!! I don't know how long his contract his??? But that man can play up until he's 50!!!

19 or 20 rebounds against the Lakers and 5 blocks??? We need that type of effort!!! Another resource that we have we have is Mario Elie. He is a defensive minded coach who has played for teams like the Spurs. We need someone like him on the bench right now!!!

We need veteran players like Mutumbo, Patterson and someone like Jeffies who like to play defense!!! Players who don't care about their points!!!

What were you saying now pestilence???

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:06 am
Put something knowledgable up here altheta33 then maybe we can talk one on one!!! Until then don't put up silly postings on this topic!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 am
J-Rich wrote:What were you saying now pestilence???

nothing whatsoever, just listening to the rantings of a demented twelve year old (since you may not be bright enough to make the connection that means you) :happy1:
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:19 am
J-Rich wrote:Thanks for the vote of confidence uptempo!!!

I'll give you another idea! The W's should have also tried to sign Mutumbo when his contract is up!!! I don't know how long his contract his??? But that man can play up until he's 50!!!

19 or 20 rebounds against the Lakers and 5 blocks??? We need that type of effort!!! Another resource that we have we have is Mario Elie. He is a defensive minded coach who has played for teams like the Spurs. We need someone like him on the bench right now!!!

We need veteran players like Mutumbo, Patterson and someone like Jeffies who like to play defense!!! Players who don't care about their points!!!

What were you saying now pestilence???

Yes, the roster is very unbalanced (read: lacks defensive-oriented players). That being said, Mullin fired Monty and hired Nelson out of desperation. Mullin could not pull of an off-season trade to upgrade the roster and brought in Nelson to divert the media's and fans' attention away from his (Mullin's) ineptness towards "Nellie's small ball;" "Nellie's high scoring teams;" "Nellie's winning record." After getting outmaneuvered by Petrie last season in the Ron Artest sweepstakes and realizing that he made the huge blunder by bringing in Monty and not improving the roster this off-season (due mainly because nobody wants Dunleavy, Murphy or Foyle), Mullin panicked and hired Nelson. Cohan gave Mullin the keys to the Porshe and unfortunately the kid got drunk and crashed the car into a pole.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:59 pm
J-Rich wrote: and someone like Jeffies who like to play defense!!!

I know it's totally unrelated to the Warriors, but Jeffries doesn't play any defense. Actually, he sucks at defense... and as he also sucks at everything else, it comes as no surprise that Isiah signed him.

The idea that he's a good defender comes from the fact the Wizards are the worst defensive team in the NBA. Only Caron Butler and Jeffries tried to play defense there.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:01 pm
TMC wrote:

I know it's totally unrelated to the Warriors, but Jeffries doesn't play any defense. Actually, he sucks at defense... and as he also sucks at everything else, it comes as no surprise that Isiah signed him.

The idea that he's a good defender comes from the fact the Wizards are the worst defensive team in the NBA. Only Caron Butler and Jeffries tried to play defense there.

butler tried but didn't succeed
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:03 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, I just said that he tried, not that he was any good...

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:54 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

BTW, we drafted Dunleavy ahead of Butler.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:24 pm
uptempo wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

and amare. and prince. and gooden.......
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:26 pm
uptempo wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

Having Butler now would be sweet but that wouldn't mean many more wins neccessarily

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 am
What a second... I'm jumping in here halfway, so I don't know the FULL story... but did uptempo call J-Rich (the troll) a realist...?

:-s
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:49 am
migya wrote:Having Butler now would be sweet but that wouldn't mean many more wins neccessarily

You gotta be joking, right?. Butler is 30 times the player Dunleavy is. We probably would have been in the playoffs already.

And I'm not saying that Butler is a star, but a solid starter would have been good enough to improve this team by leaps and bounds. Butler gives you 70 good games per year. Dun gives you 5.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball