I didn't know this about Ike.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:02 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:A huge concern for me is also the enormous # of minutes BD is getting. The dude is very injury prone and has played 48 minutes 2 of the last 3 games. I don't know that there is a direct correlation between ike's lack of minutes and this, except that Ike can score and sometimes BD is the main offense for Ws. Ike playing could take some pressure off him, scoring-wise. BD is our one true superstar, and if he goes down, the season is pretty much done.

I don't think there's any correlation between Ike's and Baron's situation. What happens is that Nellie has realized we do not have anybody able to play PG besides Baron (no, McLeod is not an option), so he's playing him all he can.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team trades for a PG or signs someone from the NBDL.

Good analysis.

I recall how at the beginning of the season that Nelson was pushing Monta to play more at the point guard position. With the subsequent injury to Richardson, has Nelson scrapped that idea and decided to play Monta only at the 2-guard position?
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:05 pm
double true
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:36 am
Like I said in the beginning of the season!!! Ike will no thrive in Nellie's system!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:38 am
This team needs to make another big time trade before the deadline!!! Package J-Rich and pickup O'Neal from the Pacers and pair him up with AB!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:46 pm
J-Rich wrote:This team needs to make another big time trade before the deadline!!! Package J-Rich and pickup O'Neal from the Pacers and pair him up with AB!!!

I'd rather have Jermaine than Gasol, he does more of everything but Monta and Murphy for him and a future 1st would be ideal

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:49 pm
migya wrote:
J-Rich wrote:This team needs to make another big time trade before the deadline!!! Package J-Rich and pickup O'Neal from the Pacers and pair him up with AB!!!

I'd rather have Jermaine than Gasol, he does more of everything but Monta and Murphy for him and a future 1st would be ideal

Jermaine is waaay too injury prone to be better (or at least more palatable) than Gasol. No way.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:01 am
John Patrick wrote:
migya wrote:

Jermaine is waaay too injury prone to be better (or at least more palatable) than Gasol. No way.

Not this season :wink:

I know what you mean but he is a better player in all facets. He would fit into the run and gun better as well

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:03 am
migya wrote:
John Patrick wrote:
migya wrote:

Not this season :wink:

I know what you mean but he is a better player in all facets. He would fit into the run and gun better as well

Really? I think they're really close. And Gasol is two years younger... The problem with Jermaine is that, as Jaypat pointed, he's been a bit injury prone the last few seasons (just 44 and 51 games)...

I'd be happy with any of them, tho. The one that can be attained easier. You just can't go wrong with those two.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:51 am
Since Gasol has said that he wants to go to a contender, he might be easier to attain

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:10 am
migya wrote:Since Gasol has said that he wants to go to a contender, he might be harder to attain

Fixed that for you, bro. :mrgreen:

btw, Jermaine has also said that he's willing to go somewhere else...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:54 pm
I wonder if Nelson noticed that Ike was in the game when the Warriors made their 10-0 run and he also started their 13-0 run?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:04 pm
jsw548 wrote:I wonder if Nelson noticed that Ike was in the game when the Warriors made their 10-0 run and he also started their 13-0 run?

Nelson is not doing a good job lately!

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball