Redistro of NBA legends debate - Simulations soon

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:50 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Arenas = Eats all the team's food, intolerable to a lot of teammates (the warriors players didn't shed a tear after he left) and just a worse shooting, younger, kobe on the court.

That gready cunnt! He'd fit well with the Chef :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:16 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Oscar = Asshole to absolutely everybody in every interview, had a tendency for hazing people. Couldn't win as the man

Yep. True, couldn't win as the man. But played his role perfectly with Kareem in Milwaukee.

About the asshole comment, well, MJ's probably the biggest asshole in the history of sports. So what?. Every big time athlete is arrogant by nature.

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Arenas = Eats all the team's food, intolerable to a lot of teammates (the warriors players didn't shed a tear after he left) and just a worse shooting, younger, kobe on the court.

Ask now what they think... They may be happier, but still haven't made the playoffs. Hey, at least they keep Foyle, who is a much nicer guy...

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Pearl = Never won anything until he took a role with the knicks, and part of that had to do with that he was theoretically a "point guard" despite having no passing abilities. He couldn't win a ring as the first option, second option, third option, etc, he was the fifth option.

Earl never was a point guard. For any team. I have no idea why he was labeled as such. His most succesful years were playing alongside Walt Frazier, who was the pg of that team (and probably the most important of those two. I probably reached for Monroe, but I got Frazier later, so it kinda makes up for it).

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:52 pm
TMC wrote:
Reggielewis - Head Coach: Lenny Wilkens
Roster: Kareem, Barry, Elvin Hayes, Iverson, Reggie Miller, Parish, English, THompson, Bing, Lanier, Marques Johnson, Tony Parker

Some great picks (Kareem, AI, Hayes, Barry... even Thompson, who I personally like). I also like the coach. I think Lenny fits this team pretty well.

What's not to like?. Some reaches drafting (Parker, Marques Johnson... even Reggie Miller and Parish. I think both would have been available later). Also, could AI adapt to being the PG and not the first scoring option?.

Another dangerous team... but not the best one.

that's all. Just my two cents about the draft. My honest, unbiased (as much as I could) and (most probably) wrong opinion about each and every team.

Thanks, I respect your assessment of my team. You are the only one to give David Thompson his props. I just would like to add that my center combination of Jabbar, Lanier, and Parish are the best on the board.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 pm
I think we all have a lot of questionable picks, but he one that bugs me are picks lik Grant Hil. Where are his stats. There are a lot of forwards like Grant. He never dominated anything. He never led anything. He's just a nice player who is a nice guy. A nice #2 or #3 option on any team. I don't think he belongs with the all-time greats.

As a matter of fact. his stats aren'tas good as my Reggie Miler, and you guys all hate that pick.

Elton Brand, too, is a big reach. Where are the stats. Gilbert Arenais a volume shooter. What has he ever done or won?

I could go on but thats enough for now.

I'm having agood time.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:59 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:Gilbert Arenais a volume shooter. What has he ever done or won?

Other than winning a playoff series against the Bulls, not much (yet). I just wanted to pick him for no other reason that I like him and thought "wtf?. It's the 9th round... He'll be my guy to shoot, shoot, shoot"
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:32 pm
Hey kids, far away from home, and almost no internet access, but couldn't resist saying I wanted to have Mike D'Antoni as the offensive coordinator for my team. Let me know if that is acceptable to y'all, and I'll weigh in on the seasons and great debate upon my return on Monday
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:41 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:I think we all have a lot of questionable picks, but he one that bugs me are picks lik Grant Hil. Where are his stats. There are a lot of forwards like Grant. He never dominated anything. He never led anything. He's just a nice player who is a nice guy. A nice #2 or #3 option on any team. I don't think he belongs with the all-time greats.

As a matter of fact. his stats aren'tas good as my Reggie Miler, and you guys all hate that pick.

Perhaps you should look up stats before you say his stats aren't as good as reggie's because that's either ignorance or a lie, your pick.

Career High ppg:
Reggie: 24.6 ppg
Hill: 25.8 ppg
Career ppg:
Reggie: 18.2 ppg
Hill: 20.6 ppg
Career high rpg:
Reggie: 3.9
Hill: 9.8
Career rpg:
Reggie: 3.0
Hill: 7.3
Career high apg:
Reggie: 4.0
Career apg:
Hill: 5.6
Career FG%:
Reggie: .471
Hill: .479

clearly, hill has far better stats and how you got any other impression is beyond me.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:44 pm
coltraning wrote:Hey kids, far away from home, and almost no internet access, but couldn't resist saying I wanted to have Mike D'Antoni as the offensive coordinator for my team. Let me know if that is acceptable to y'all, and I'll weigh in on the seasons and great debate upon my return on Monday

I don't know how we're gonna measure the coach influence. I guess it's alright. Or even change the coach, if you want. I've got no problem with that. D'Antoni would be a much more natural pick.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:23 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:I think we all have a lot of questionable picks, but he one that bugs me are picks lik Grant Hil. Where are his stats. There are a lot of forwards like Grant. He never dominated anything. He never led anything. He's just a nice player who is a nice guy. A nice #2 or #3 option on any team. I don't think he belongs with the all-time greats.

Perhaps you should look up stats before you say his stats aren't as good as reggie's because that's either ignorance or a lie, your pick.

Career High ppg:
Career ppg:

Career high rpg:
Career rpg:

Career high apg:
Career apg:

Career FG%:

clearly, hill has far better stats and how you got any other impression is beyond me.

Thank you there Pest!

Reggie, just a stupid statement to make man. You have got to look at things first. Grant Hill was arguably the best player in the nba in his days in Detroit. He was a definate top 5 or 6 player and is one of the most allround players in nba history! He was a superstar that had a bad team and no real help which is why he had no real success

ReginaldLewis wrote:Elton Brand, too, is a big reach. Where are the stats.

Again, you make a wrong statement obviously without research!

Elton Brand Career Averages:
562 games
50.4FG%
73.5FT%
10.3 Rebounds
2.6 Assists
0.9 Steals
2.1 Blocks
20.3 Points

The guy has been a top 5 PF from the start of his career and a 20 and 10 player, only Duncan and Garnett do that! He is a superstar who is great on offense and defense

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:07 pm
Grant Hill's stats % is good, but he has been hurt so much of over the course of his career that yes, his % is going to be good. I never liked him as a player. Maybe it was because he went to my hated college school, Duke. Reggie had a long and illustrioous career. He was an iron man of sorts. He moved without ball probably second only to Havlicek.

Hey! you guys are in the stat checking mood, Check out David Thompson's. You guys may not have liked his life style but the guy could ball. especailly his 3 top years.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:16 pm
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Career High ppg:
Career ppg:

Career high rpg:
Career rpg:

Career high apg:
Career apg:

Career FG%:

Thank you there Pest!

Reggie, just a stupid statement to make man. You have got to look at things first. Grant Hill was arguably the best player in the nba in his days in Detroit. He was a definate top 5 or 6 player and is one of the most allround players in nba history! He was a superstar that had a bad team and no real help which is why he had no real success

562 games
50.4FG%
73.5FT%
10.3 Rebounds
2.6 Assists
0.9 Steals
2.1 Blocks
20.3 Points

The guy has been a top 5 PF from the start of his career and a 20 and 10 player, only Duncan and Garnett do that! He is a superstar who is great on offense and defense

What happen to:

Total Points.

Total Assists

Total Steals

Free Throw percentage

Total games played.

I think those stats should count, too. Don't you? Be fair guys. Something should be said about longevity and dependability. You talked about David Thompson's short career. Grant's total career is pretty short. As he continues to limp along here. His final percentage will not be higher than Reggie's. So watch who you guys call dumb, man. :evil:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:21 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:Grant Hill's stats % is good, but he has been hurt so much of over the course of his career that yes, his % is going to be good. I never liked him as a player. Maybe it was because he went to my hated college school, Duke. Reggie had a long and illustrioous career. He was an iron man of sorts. He moved without ball probably second only to Havlicek.

Hey! you guys are in the stat checking mood, Check out David Thompson's. You guys may not have liked his life style but the guy could ball. especailly his 3 top years.

Grant Hill's stats have been hampered severely since his ankle surgeries in the offseason he was signed by the Magic! He would have continued doing what he had done and his stats would have been alot better! He was an absolute superstar and the best PointForward in history (Lebron might become better). You can say that with Grant Hill, you get 6 megastar seasons and two or three more good ones that are arguably allstar caliber or just under that. The guy is one of the greatest talents in nba history!

Thompson was potentially an alltime great but look at it, he never played much and was a screw up! The three years he did play, he was awesome but it is just three years and he was a scorer but did nothing else well at all!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:35 pm
Wrong. He was a good rebounder and defender and shot blocker. If he wasn't that good, why is he in the hall of fame?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:10 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:Wrong. He was a good rebounder and defender and shot blocker. If he wasn't that good, why is he in the hall of fame?

David Thompson career stats:
G FG% 3PFG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Stls Blks Pts PPG
509 games
.504 FG%
.277 3FG%
.778 FT%
3.8 Rebs a game
3.2 Asts a game
459 Stls total = 0.9stls a game
407 Blocks = 0.8blks a game
22.1 Poimts a game

He was a very good scorer and nothing else!!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:44 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Career High ppg:
Career ppg:

Career high rpg:
Career rpg:

Career high apg:
Career apg:

Career FG%:

Thank you there Pest!

562 games
50.4FG%
73.5FT%
10.3 Rebounds
2.6 Assists
0.9 Steals
2.1 Blocks
20.3 Points

What happen to:

Total Points.

Total Assists

Total Steals

Free Throw percentage

Total games played.

I think those stats should count, too. Don't you? Be fair guys. Something should be said about longevity and dependability. You talked about David Thompson's short career. Grant's total career is pretty short. As he continues to limp along here. His final percentage will not be higher than Reggie's. So watch who you guys call dumb, man. :evil:

Those stats mean very little. Stockton is like top 20 all time in total points and he's not a top 100 scorer all time. Kevin willis is top 5 all time in games played and he isn't one of the five best players of all time. Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf has a better free throw % than grant hill too, I think you get what I'm getting at.

Hill at his best was better than reggie. That is indisputable. Hill is better for his career than reggie. That is also indisputable. discussion over

As for thompson, he played for a shorter time than hill AND had worse stats, so I don't know what you're getting at with that.
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball