Nelson on KNBR

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:55 pm
Is anyone listening to this?

It is actually quite comical. Coach is just going off on his players: calling them dumb (Dunleavy), stubborn (Ike), don't think when they have the ball(Air France), cannot play (Murphy), terrible on defense (Foyle).

He, Nelson, is slurring his speach a bit; however, he is lucid.

Now, he is criticizing himself for emphasizing the passing game vs. the Magic.

This interview is really quite funny. It's too bad that this team is so awful.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:06 pm
I love Nelson, he says exactly what most of us on this board think, its great...

Even Nelly calls MDjr. Dumbleavy!!! 1/2 the players on this team are not nelly guys and he is deservedly calling them out...
This season is not a flop.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:27 pm
i heard the interview also, it was hilarious. talking about his team is below average when it comes to basketball i.q., and even his smart players are dumb half the time. this guy should be a stand up comedian.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:12 pm
I don't see how anyone can claim Nelson has a secret grudge against Ike Diogu when the guys shoots so straight. I seriously think that Nelson would say so if he had something against Ike.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:13 pm
Sometimes, when people reach a certain mature age, they just do not care what people think of what they say. Nelson may have reached this age. It is refreshing, yet, somewhat disturbing. The speech was slurred (drunk at mid-afternoon???), but the content was right on: basically, Nelson was saying that this team is horrible. What the hell is going on here? Are we headed to another lottery? Also, how could Dunleavy, a kid who grew up with a basketball playing and coaching dad, have such a low basketball IQ?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:17 pm
#32 wrote:I don't see how anyone can claim Nelson has a secret grudge against Ike Diogu when the guys shoots so straight. I seriously think that Nelson would say so if he had something against Ike.

I agree with you on this statement. Nelson listed Ike's shortcomings (lack of height; inability to adjust his offensive game vs. centers, power forwards, small forwards; lack of understanding of the offensive plays) in a very clinical way. I cannot disagree with Nelson's analysis. He, Nelson, did say that Ike was in his doghouse and also had to temper himself as he spoke of Ike.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:21 pm
Though he is funny and though he is being honest about his players, Nelson can be going too far and risk upsetting and disrespecting the players and that could well lead to chaos! He should be honest but be constructive, especially with such a young team!

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:45 pm
migya wrote:Though he is funny and though he is being honest about his players, Nelson can be going too far and risk upsetting and disrespecting the players and that could well lead to chaos! He should be honest but be constructive, especially with such a young team!

Yes, I agree with you on this point; however, Nelson is known to ride (read: YELL) at his players, especially his younger players.

Other than Baron and Richardson, Nelson really sounded like this team is loaded with players who have very limited skills. I have privately wondered the same thing, especially when looking at the frontcourt players.

Nelson sounded very beaten down about this team and its lack of talent on the frontcourt.

BTW, it was absolutely painful to sit at the Oracle last night and see Foyle get completely manhandled and abused on the defensive end of the court by Howard. One play, in particular, where Howard just faced up on Foyle, lowered his shoulder, and shoot right through/over Foyle for a basket. Foyle looked like a boy being taken to task by a man. Just pathetic.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:41 pm
I’m hoping last night’s game was a complete aberration because it was just disastrous for everyone. Foyle did hustle pretty good and did his best (e.g., dive and pass, clean block, hustling to save a ball going out of bounds, etc.) except for that dunk he allowed when Howard just snuck past him and Nelly tore him a new assh*le. Howard could have bounced that ball off Foyle’s dome and probably still had time to dunk it.

It’s unfortunate that we have the injuries and the record we have. I would have liked to see us 100% and see what our record would have been like. But I still want a powerhouse at the 4, and I hope we bust a move.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:53 pm
Nelson did not sugar coat anything.

We fans were given an honest evalution of this team, and it sure was not pretty. Other than Baron and the injured Richardson, Nelson does not have any faith nor respect for the rest of the team. Murphy, Pietrus, Dunleavy, Foyle, Ike were all given some brutal, but also honest, evaluations.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:19 am
Does anyone know where i can listen to this?

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:28 am
Uhh KNBR.com, Razor & Mr T Show.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:32 am
O.G. broe wrote:Uhh KNBR.com, Razor & Mr T Show.

Thanks Beavis
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:38 am
CjR wrote:I would have liked to see us 100% and see what our record would have been like.

You know what, many other teams have had injuries this season so it is not just us

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:28 am
O.G. broe wrote:Uhh KNBR.com, Razor & Mr T Show.

Its an old interview. If anyone has the link to the new one that would be appreciated. From what everyones saying I think id enjoy this one.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball