Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Warriors 2007-01-10

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win sweep the series against the Magic?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:41 pm

YES
8
89%
NO
1
11%
 
Total votes : 9

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:13 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:last year murph lit it up from 3 and everything. now he is non existent.

Uhh... Murph's shooting 7% higher on his 3's this year, homie.

Plus a better FG%. And a helluva lot more assists (1.5 more in 8 less minutes!). Not to mention career high's in blocks and steals per game, too.

So far, Murphy's doing better (overall) than he did last year... but he's really not fitting in Nelly's system.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:20 am
carlgo wrote:Speaking of tough. How about Jason Kidd's wife sitting behind their bench screaming at him for a whole game because she found other womens' phone numbers on his cell phone. Somebody must have this on YouTube or ?


:mrgreen:

That fukin little bitch........
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:24 am
Disappointing loss, especially considering we beat them in Orlando.

This team has got to look back at the games they won against the Spurs, Jazz and some other teams and see what they are capable of doing. They have to stabilise this otherwise it will be a freefall like last season
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:32 am
migya wrote:Disappointing loss, especially considering we beat them in Orlando.


And the worst part is that they beat us with only one player having a good game...



... of course, that's one more guy than us.

Role Player
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:10 am
Disappointing loss, particularly the second half of it. The team just did not seem to be in sync and looked to be simply going through the motions most of the game.

I think Baron's wrist injury or I guess should say injuries as both wrists are hurt, seem to be taking a toll on him. I hope he is able to heal quickly. He did not seem like the Baron we all know and love. Perhaps it was just one game, but even against Phoenix on Sunday he was not himself.

I am hoping the Warriors can beat the Heat. It is not a must win, but pretty darn close.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:52 am
ChicagoTom wrote:Dwight Howard is obviously a monster and will need to be reckoned with. That being said Biedrins and a host of other Warriors will need to crash the boards tonight or Howard could be in for a 25-rebound night.

argh, really hate to say you told us so
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:53 am
migya wrote:
carlgo wrote:Speaking of tough. How about Jason Kidd's wife sitting behind their bench screaming at him for a whole game because she found other womens' phone numbers on his cell phone. Somebody must have this on YouTube or ?


:mrgreen:

That fukin little bitch........

i actually agree with you for once :mrgreen:
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:59 am
obviously i didnt see the game,but my god,Howards numbers were pure evil!

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:53 am
#32 wrote:I can honestly say I've never seen Adonal Foyle make a better play than that scoop pass he threw during a horizontal dive to the floor. No block he's ever gotten compares to that.

But, aside from that minor glory hiccup, the game made my eyes bleed. A flurry of turnovers in the first half and 20% shooting in the second half. Terrible. Just terrible.


.... Depressing to say the least. We go against a team that we should beat and we choke hard... Same 'ol warriors of the past 10-11 years.. They seem to get energized against top teams, but totally loosen up and relax against the mid-low tier and bottom tier teams...

Its funny how my friends say "we've beaten the lakers" or "we've beaten the heat" or "we've owned Dallas" when we can't beat the teams we're supposed to beat... In the end, we just average out to a mediocre team that really needs a kick in the pants..
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:41 pm
Luckily, Nelly might be the guy who gives the Warriors that kick in the pants...

Did you see the way he devoured Foyle after Dwight Howard got that free dunk underneath? They just came out of a 2-minute timeout... but Nelly called another 20-second's just to sink his teeth in Adonal Foyle. That's a real coach. :thumbleft:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:18 am
Location: San Francisco (born and raised)
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:54 pm
prettyhatemachine22 wrote:Is this game on FSN Plus for everyone else? I have FSN Plus but its not coming on, its just some stupid Jewelry show. This sucks.

Image Luckyyyyy!
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
Image
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:16 pm
Image

well, at least Dunleavy's hairband and defense on Carlos Arroyo should get a laugh from the masses.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:32 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
carlgo wrote:Speaking of tough. How about Jason Kidd's wife sitting behind their bench screaming at him for a whole game because she found other womens' phone numbers on his cell phone. Somebody must have this on YouTube or ?


:mrgreen:

That fukin little bitch........

i actually agree with you for once :mrgreen:



You are seeing the light :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:38 pm
#32 wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:last year murph lit it up from 3 and everything. now he is non existent.

Uhh... Murph's shooting 7% higher on his 3's this year, homie.

Plus a better FG%. And a helluva lot more assists (1.5 more in 8 less minutes!). Not to mention career high's in blocks and steals per game, too.

So far, Murphy's doing better (overall) than he did last year... but he's really not fitting in Nelly's system.



wait, did you just say what i think you just said? he's averaging 10 mins less a game than he did the last two years, and he's only played in what 15 games? well... i'd sure hope his stats were ballooned up a bit. its like saying ohh ohh this batter is hitting .500, oh but he's only had 20 at-bats. so yeah, point being murphy is worthless. even nelson himself said on KNBR today that he needs to STEP UP
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:10 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:
#32 wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:last year murph lit it up from 3 and everything. now he is non existent.

Uhh... Murph's shooting 7% higher on his 3's this year, homie.

Plus a better FG%. And a helluva lot more assists (1.5 more in 8 less minutes!). Not to mention career high's in blocks and steals per game, too.

So far, Murphy's doing better (overall) than he did last year... but he's really not fitting in Nelly's system.



wait, did you just say what i think you just said? he's averaging 10 mins less a game than he did the last two years, and he's only played in what 15 games? well... i'd sure hope his stats were ballooned up a bit. its like saying ohh ohh this batter is hitting .500, oh but he's only had 20 at-bats. so yeah, point being murphy is worthless. even nelson himself said on KNBR today that he needs to STEP UP

Okay, so now you're claiming it's illogical to critique Murphy because he hasn't played enough games.

If that's the case, than your original argument is invalid. If that's not the case, than my point is valid and completely counters yours. Pick one.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest