THE WARRIORS ATTENDANCE IS DOWN, WHY?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:59 am
hobbes wrote:I just want to go to a game and watch basketball, is that too much to ask?

With players making more money than ever, the people are the ones that have to fund it so it will only get worse

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:03 am
Nice sig, Mig. Don’t know who’s more beautiful: ET-Sam or Flavor Flav. :shock: :? :shock:

coltraning wrote:...now if the warriors girls did some tricks :mrgreen:

Watch what you mean by “tricks.” Migya is liable to jump on the first plane out with all his toys, lickin’ his chops. :mrgreen: Just put Ritchie in charge of halftime entertainment and problem solved.

But yeah, with the higher ticket prices, no big player off season moves, and mediocre record, more people may be content watching it on glass this year. J-Rich being injured certainly doesn’t help, either (w/ less excitement on the floor).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:09 am
CjR wrote:Nice sig, Mig. Don’t know who’s more beautiful: ET-Sam or Flavor Flav. :shock: :? :shock:

Yea Sammy is a real ugly cunnt!

CjR wrote:Watch what you mean by “tricks.” Migya is liable to jump on the first plane out with all his toys, lickin’ his chops. :mrgreen: Just put Ritchie in charge of halftime entertainment and problem solved.

:mrgreen:

I have no toys but Ritchie could bring his girls over to my house and I'll make up some games for us to play

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:20 am
Just let me know when Ritchie comes with his bitches, and I’ll be glad to break them in for you. It’ll loosen them up for those twister games, you know. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:04 am
CjR wrote:Just let me know when Ritchie comes with his bitches, and I’ll be glad to break them in for you. It’ll loosen them up for those twister games, you know. :mrgreen:

The mouth is mine :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:56 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:One reason: the decline of great half-time shows.

Does anybody remember when Golden State was winning 30 games a year... but had magicians, circus acts, and acrobatic, 5-man dunk shows?

What do the fans get nowadays? 12-year old Junior Warrior pickup games? Lame break-dancing squads (including a one-legged dude spinning on his head)? Or "Night Train" utterly destroying funky classics?!? Stupid!

Bring back the chick who'd do the fast-changing clothes act! That **** was bomb as ****!

yeah I totally agree. Now they have "upgrade my ride", and that weird thing where people guess what a warrior player's favorite ______ is and it's rigged so the fan is always right. and they've increased halftime two minutes. really annoying.

Upgrade my ride is so bad, I can't watch it. It's just plain-and-simple boring.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:23 pm
The main reason is that Jason Richardson is not playing! He's our flash and our fire. Last year the fans came to see J-Rich rip it over the opposing teams center. Take out the high flying action of the game you take out all of fans with short attention spans.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 am
Josh Jamison wrote:Take out the high flying action of the game you take out all of fans with short attention spans.

Dude, there are probably 2 times as many jams this year as opposed to last season (at least). They may not be 360 tomahawks by JRich, but there are plenty of dunks to go around.

I'd wager Biedrins gets about 2 a night, with about 4 others from the supporting cast.

Last season, Richardson would jam it once... and a teammate would get one... that was about it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:37 pm
#32 wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Take out the high flying action of the game you take out all of fans with short attention spans.

Dude, there are probably 2 times as many jams this year as opposed to last season (at least). They may not be 360 tomahawks by JRich, but there are plenty of dunks to go around.

I'd wager Biedrins gets about 2 a night, with about 4 others from the supporting cast.

Last season, Richardson would jam it once... and a teammate would get one... that was about it.

I didn't mean to talk about dunks in general... I meant to talk about J-Rich dunks. He was the one who put fans in their seats last year. No J-Rich this year... not as much flash... not as much fan interest (I'm not talking about myself here because I still go to the same amount of games as I do every year).

1 J-Rich dunk = 3 Biedrins dunks (judging on flash and entertainment, not points). Just my opinion.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:55 pm
Well, in MY opinion, 1 JRich dunk equals about 10 Biedrins dunks. But that's just me. :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:02 pm
On the attendance note, it'll plummet even more if we go 3- 5 in our remaining games this month, which can happen—and we’ll be pretty much dead from there.

Mr. Mullin, please share with us your contingency plans. Surely you have one, or in the process of formulating/carrying out one.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:15 pm
#32 wrote:

Biedrins has dunked 33 times this season. Richardson dunked 86 times last season (or 45 at this point in the season). For the record.

I'm too lazy to go through the entire team and find out the total number of dunks right now
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:24 pm
I'm not so much into dunks as much as organised team play that leads to wins :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:59 pm
That's because you're a real fan. You're looking long-term. The casual ticket-buyer is only interested in instant entertainment.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:10 am
#32 wrote:That's because you're a real fan. You're looking long-term. The casual ticket-buyer is only interested in instant entertainment.

The slut cheerleaders should cover that :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball