Warriors still have good chance for the playoffs.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:53 am
The key players on the Warriors have now missed a combined 63 games for the season. That number will grow even higher,as Jason Richarson sits out with his inury for another month.If the Warriors can stay close to Minnesota and Denver, until Richardson comes back the Warriors have a chance.The Nuggets will play 13 of the last 18 games of the season on the road.That may be the time for the Warriors to make their move on the Nuggets for the last spot in the playoffs.It's also possible the T-wolves,who have won 3 overtime games recently could slip backwards.

The Warriors have had no luck all year long.On the other hand they have been fortunate Matt Barnes has played way over his head.Against Phoenix he showed why he is not a real starting player in the NBA.

If you look at the Warrriors as a healthy team,they can play 9 deep.Pietrus and Diogu can be dangerous players .We know what Biderins,Richardson,Ellis and the Baron can do.If Murphy stays with the Warriors and gets himself back in game shape,the Warriors could capture the 8th slot.We beat Dallas at Dallas this year.Wouldn't it be something if we met Dallas in round 1.

This team is a fun team to watch,even though we are only .500.Every good team needs a little luck,which has not been the case for the Warriors.We are still 5 games away from the halfway mark of the season. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:23 am
is1531 wrote:If the Warriors can stay close to Minnesota and Denver, until Richardson comes back the Warriors have a chance.The Nuggets will play 13 of the last 18 games of the season on the road.That may be the time for the Warriors to make their move on the Nuggets for the last spot in the playoffs.It's also possible the T-wolves,who have won 3 overtime games recently could slip backwards.

We're not in the Nuggets league. Once they have Melo and JR Smith back from their suspensions, they'll make a leap. They'll be a 5th-6th seed by the end of the regular season.

Minny and the Clips are our rivals for that 8th seed. And I really believe the Clips are the more dangerous one...

We'll have to wait a bit to see if we really have a shot at the playoffs. Right now, we're right there... but Baron has been injury prone the last few seasons, and we rely so much on him (he's also playing a ton of minutes this year) than if he goes down, we'll be back in the lottery.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:29 am
I agree with TMC on this one. The time to gain ground and/or create a small gap between the Warriors and Nuggets is now. With JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony out of action, it is to be expected, even with Iverson, that this team would struggle.

Once those two come back I expect the Nuggets to get on a roll and push not just for the 7th or 8th spot, but the 4th, 5th or 6th spot.

The Timberwolves and Clippers are the teams presently Warrior fans should worry about. Once again, like TMC, I think the Clippers will come good in the second half of the season and push hard for that 8th spot. There is just too much talent on that team not to make the playoffs, especially after last season.

The Timberwolves do not really scare me that much. They will hang around for a bit, but I do not expect them to be contending come late March and early April.

Now, if the Warriors can continue to play well at home and improve a bit on the road, we could be talking about a legitimate playoff team. However, it will be tough with the injuries and erratic play of this team on the road. I am hoping they can get the job done over the next four months and sneak in. It would be a nice treat to see this team playing in the postseason.....especially in the always tough Western Conference.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:07 am
ChicagoTom wrote:I agree with TMC on this one. The time to gain ground and/or create a small gap between the Warriors and Nuggets is now. With JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony out of action, it is to be expected, even with Iverson, that this team would struggle.

Once those two come back I expect the Nuggets to get on a roll and push not just for the 7th or 8th spot, but the 4th, 5th or 6th spot.

The Timberwolves and Clippers are the teams presently Warrior fans should worry about. Once again, like TMC, I think the Clippers will come good in the second half of the season and push hard for that 8th spot. There is just too much talent on that team not to make the playoffs, especially after last season.

The Timberwolves do not really scare me that much. They will hang around for a bit, but I do not expect them to be contending come late March and early April.

Now, if the Warriors can continue to play well at home and improve a bit on the road, we could be talking about a legitimate playoff team. However, it will be tough with the injuries and erratic play of this team on the road. I am hoping they can get the job done over the next four months and sneak in. It would be a nice treat to see this team playing in the postseason.....especially in the always tough Western Conference.

On paper the Nuggets should make the playoffs with no sweat.I remember when the Knicks got Bob McAdoo before the season was half over and I am not sure if they even made the playoffs that year.Brent Mussberger was saying they might challenge Philadelphia for the title.New York was 8 games out when the trade was made.Philadelphia went to the finals and the Knicks were nothing but a hyped up team.Let's see what kind of chemistry Denver has with all these players trying to mesh together.Remember Denver will play 13 of the last 18 on the road.Road games are not free.they are twice as hard to win :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:12 am
Dude, at this point, I really don't care if we make the playoffs. It's a win/win.

Either break the 12-year drought... or get a lottery pick in the most fruitful draft since '03. Either one suits me.

By the way... 4 topics started in only 9 posts???

Somebody's coming for your Threadstarter title, Pest...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:07 am
#32 wrote:Dude, at this point, I really don't care if we make the playoffs. It's a win/win.

I'd rather make the playoffs than picking 13... If we're going to miss, we better start tanking the season once it's clear we're out of the playoffs run.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:35 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Dude, at this point, I really don't care if we make the playoffs. It's a win/win.

I'd rather make the playoffs than picking 13... If we're going to miss, we better start tanking the season once it's clear we're out of the playoffs run.

That's pbvious and the aim at this point. There is no reason why the team should even have the draft in it's mindset, it should playoffs with the highest seed possible all the way and even after all the injureis so far, they are still 8th seed

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:39 am
1s1531

I'm finally here. What are your thoughts about the new players
that GSW got this week? Do you feel GSW will do better with the
new players from the Pacers?

I feel GSW got the better part of the deal.

I watched the new player from London, England, his name starts
with a "K". Anyway he had a good game and I liked what I saw
in his performance. I'm from the sixers forum - remember me?
I changed my name for this forum. Let me know if you know who
I am. Take care.

I hope you are doing well. Sure miss you on the sixers forum.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:52 am
sunshine wrote:1s1531

I am. Take care.

Is this the first GoldenStWarriors.com message board romance?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:07 am
tradedunleavy wrote:

I am. Take care.

Let's keep it hetero :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:55 pm
No no, it's like this. The Warriors have a shot at the playoffs if they win on the road. That will decide their fate.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:03 pm
migya wrote:
tradedunleavy wrote:

I am. Take care.

Let's keep it hetero :mrgreen:

::lol:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:01 pm

I am. Take care.

Dear, sweet Christ, I need some serious booze before I can understand this one...

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:41 am

I am. Take care.

HI! I went to the espn Warriors forums because the people there are just fans with no egos.They just talk basketball and do not make it too personal.
I love the trade for the Warriors.I am anxiously waiting the return of Jason Richardson,which should happen around Feb 22.The Warriors have one of the super young guards in Monta Ellis.Harrington was awsome the other night against Charlotte.They just carved out the Bobcats all night night long.

I really like the way Josh Powell played against the Bobcats.He scored 13 points ,but was crashing the boards and playing excellent team defense.He has good hands but must learn to shield his body with the non-shooting shoulder to avoid having his shot blocked.He had 3 chances to convert from great passes,but the defense collapsed on him to prevent him form scoring those baskets,although he did get to the line.If he learns to use his left hand around the basket,like Carlos Boozer,his game can improve 25%.He should to learn to use the baseline and toss up some reverse layups to avoid shots being blocked.Overall,he has a lot of potential at 6ft9".He is a very physical player.I think he is going to help the Warriors.Nelly liked him in Dallas,so Nelly made sure Powell was incorporated in this trade.

Steven Jackson has a load of athletic skills.He can make some incredible passes.When he does play guard it's easy for him to just see over the top of the defenders.I love watching the Warriors on the fast break over any team except Phoenix.

I will tell you more on the other Warriors site.People were just too arrogant here.I will send you a E mail.I miss it,but I would never put up with Larry Brown,under any circumstamces.That is the traveling man,also known as sickening Larry.
Last edited by is1531 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:50 pm
The ESPN forums!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Dudes... I think we could trade Mickael Pietrus, Patrick O'Bryant, a few first round picks, and cash... for Kevin Garnett!!!"

Jesus, that place is terrible. ::lol:
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball