Turnovers.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:52 am
Monte Ellis ,one day will become one of the best guards in the league some day, but right now i cant stand to see him handling the ball. He turns the ball over way too much for a point guard or to my liking. Yes, he will give you 18 points on any night, but he will turn it over 8 to 9 times a night which negates his points scored. Dont get me wrong, i like the kid a whole lot and i love his skills and the big heart that he has, but the turnovers is killing me slowly. Last night we loss by 25 points or so, and Monte had, 22 points, 9 turnovers and about 3 assisits. Most people may say, "thats being productive" that's not being productive at all,if you turning it over like he is. Don has said in the past ,"he's giving the kid some time to develope his point guards skills, and he knows he's going to make some mistakes." But come on man, take the ball out of his hands. We cant take the 8th spot, if we turning the ball over like this. If this continues it will be another season without going to the playoffs. five footer

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:16 pm
five footer wrote:Monte Ellis ,one day will become one of the best guards in the league some day, but right now i cant stand to see him handling the ball. He turns the ball over way too much for a point guard or to my liking. Yes, he will give you 18 points on any night, but he will turn it over 8 to 9 times a night which negates his points scored. Dont get me wrong, i like the kid a whole lot and i love his skills and the big heart that he has, but the turnovers is killing me slowly. Last night we loss by 25 points or so, and Monte had, 22 points, 9 turnovers and about 3 assisits. Most people may say, "thats being productive" that's not being productive at all,if you turning it over like he is. Don has said in the past ,"he's giving the kid some time to develope his point guards skills, and he knows he's going to make some mistakes." But come on man, take the ball out of his hands. We cant take the 8th spot, if we turning the ball over like this. If this continues it will be another season without going to the playoffs. five footer

Our team is lifeless on offense without Monta and the only way to work your way though these issues is to keep playing. He contributes with hustle plays and besides Baron is the only one who takes the rock to the rack. I'm willing to put up with the turnovers as long as it's something he and the assistant coaches are working on. The easiest thing for him to fix is learning to pass the ball with two hands instead of one all of the time. Once he does that consistantly, he will ct his turnovers in half.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:50 pm
jsw548 wrote:
five footer wrote:Monte Ellis ,one day will become one of the best guards in the league some day, but right now i cant stand to see him handling the ball. He turns the ball over way too much for a point guard or to my liking. Yes, he will give you 18 points on any night, but he will turn it over 8 to 9 times a night which negates his points scored. Dont get me wrong, i like the kid a whole lot and i love his skills and the big heart that he has, but the turnovers is killing me slowly. Last night we loss by 25 points or so, and Monte had, 22 points, 9 turnovers and about 3 assisits. Most people may say, "thats being productive" that's not being productive at all,if you turning it over like he is. Don has said in the past ,"he's giving the kid some time to develope his point guards skills, and he knows he's going to make some mistakes." But come on man, take the ball out of his hands. We cant take the 8th spot, if we turning the ball over like this. If this continues it will be another season without going to the playoffs. five footer

Our team is lifeless on offense without Monta and the only way to work your way though these issues is to keep playing. He contributes with hustle plays and besides Baron is the only one who takes the rock to the rack. I'm willing to put up with the turnovers as long as it's something he and the assistant coaches are working on. The easiest thing for him to fix is learning to pass the ball with two hands instead of one all of the time. Once he does that consistantly, he will ct his turnovers in half.

I agree, Monta needs to kepp playing a fair bit and get a feel for having the ball in his hands a fair bit as well. It is annoying to see him cough the ball up often but if he can become and ideal PG as well as scorer and creator, the team will be so much better of and will be able to rotate Monta with JRich and Baron alot

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:12 pm

I have to agree here. We need Baron handling the ball at all times. Monta is waaaay too prone to make a lazy pass, bounce it off his knee, lose the ball while driving, etc.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:55 pm
The Warriors look like the freakin all star game, a lot of fast breaks, no defense, sloppy passes and guards shooting crazy. The big men never get a chance to contribute unless they get a dunk trailing in transistion. Unfortunately, for Warriors fans, Nelson is developing a future Strawberry while Philip has height, has shooters, has front court scorers, has motion offense, has defense and some kid named Kobe. After this year, we get a 1% chance of landing of Ogden, miss the playoffs, still have our albatross contracts, reach the luxury tax and our best scorer is a shoot only point guard. Unfortunately, Ellis will never be a Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Chris Paul or Deron Williams. He looks a lot like a younger version Marberry, but I am sure Mullin and the Warrior faithful don't want sell off stars like Jamison and Arenas while keeping bonafide stiffs (Murphy, Dunleavy and Foyle). While the Lakers have a front court of Kwame, Lamar, Brian Cook, Vlade, Andrew Bynum and Turiaf ... we have Biedrins, hmm we have Biedrins. Unless KG or Oneil or Randolph become available, Ellis will be our point guard of the future.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:13 am
dareedle wrote:The Warriors look like the freakin all star game, a lot of fast breaks, no defense, sloppy passes and guards shooting crazy. The big men never get a chance to contribute unless they get a dunk trailing in transistion. Unfortunately, for Warriors fans, Nelson is developing a future Strawberry while Philip has height, has shooters, has front court scorers, has motion offense, has defense and some kid named Kobe. After this year, we get a 1% chance of landing of Ogden, miss the playoffs, still have our albatross contracts, reach the luxury tax and our best scorer is a shoot only point guard. Unfortunately, Ellis will never be a Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Chris Paul or Deron Williams. He looks a lot like a younger version Marberry, but I am sure Mullin and the Warrior faithful don't want sell off stars like Jamison and Arenas while keeping bonafide stiffs (Murphy, Dunleavy and Foyle). While the Lakers have a front court of Kwame, Lamar, Brian Cook, Vlade, Andrew Bynum and Turiaf ... we have Biedrins, hmm we have Biedrins. Unless KG or Oneil or Randolph become available, Ellis will be our point guard of the future.

:shock: Are you fukin kidding me!

The Lakers are quite a disgraceful team personnel wise! They are winning but that has more to do with the great coach than anything else! Other than Kobe and Odom, they have noone worth talking about! Their inside players; Bynum, Kwame, Cook and Radman are pretenders at best and will never be anything (Bynum might be but he is very inconsistent and not dominant for a guy with that size).

The warriors have Baron, MORE THAN A SHOT FIRST PG but arguably the 2nd best in assists (with a healthy team), Monta who just came back from an injury and continued the way he has all season, a frontcourt of mixture of talent, surprises and busts (Biedrins and Diogu, Pietrus and Barnes, Murphy and dun respectively). Arguably the best player has been injured most of the season and has never been 100% when he did play - JRich.

In all, the Lakers have been REAL surprises and don't have anywhere near the talent the Warriors have!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:09 am
migya wrote:The Lakers are quite a disgraceful team personnel wise! They are winning but that has more to do with the great coach than anything else! Other than Kobe and Odom, they have noone worth talking about! Their inside players; Bynum, Kwame, Cook and Radman are pretenders at best and will never be anything (Bynum might be but he is very inconsistent and not dominant for a guy with that size).

In all, the Lakers have been REAL surprises and don't have anywhere near the talent the Warriors have!

The Lakers are not a real surprise. They did well last season, too. It's true that only Kobe, Odom and Bynum (for his potential) are worth keeping (Edit: I like Jordan Farmar, too. This guy is going to be a very good pg for them). Other than those, their team is composed by NBDL players.

What they're doing is remarkable... but not a total surprise. It's just a proof that Phil Jackson can coach more than superstars.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:06 am
dareedle wrote:While the Lakers have a front court of Kwame, Lamar, Brian Cook, Vlade, Andrew Bynum and Turiaf

:shock: ::lol:

You're right, that's a real powerhouse frontcourt. I shudder thinking of Vladimir Radmonovic, Kwame Brown, and Brian Cook. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:25 am
#32 wrote:
dareedle wrote:While the Lakers have a front court of Kwame, Lamar, Brian Cook, Vlade, Andrew Bynum and Turiaf

:shock: ::lol:

You're right, that's a real powerhouse frontcourt. I shudder thinking of Vladimir Radmonovic, Kwame Brown, and Brian Cook. :mrgreen:

Don't forget Bill eh.. Luke Walton. He's got crazy game. Ok. More than I thought he'd ever have but it's still one of the sorrier frontcourts in the league.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:30 am
You know who else I fear? Cleveland's backcourt.

Seriously. Damon Jones? Eric Snow? Ira Newbie?

Terrifying.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball