YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes : 5

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:13 pm
suns by 8 as the warriors stay close most of the game but never really make a run
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:40 pm
holy ****, andris is beastin'. He's got 10 rebounds in the first quarter
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:42 pm
The reality: Suns are several degrees better, one of the 2 best teams in the league. They move the ball beautifully and have extraordinary shooters...BD had a poor game, but it was nice to see Monta play well again. Biedrins was a beast on the boards - Ws outrebounded the Suns and went to the line 27 more times, so that was a positive. Most telling stat? Suns 34 assists and 15 TOs, Ws 10 assists 25 turnovers. Barnes has disappeared the last 2 games. Ike watch: Now 46 points in past 56 minutes :roll: May be that he has edged ahead of Murphy in the rotation, rightfully so, as Murphy is doing pretty much nothing...Score was deceptive. If Suns starters had stayed in, it would have been closer to 40 points...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:51 am
coltraning wrote:The reality: Suns are several degrees better, one of the 2 best teams in the league. They move the ball beautifully and have extraordinary shooters...BD had a poor game, but it was nice to see Monta play well again. Biedrins was a beast on the boards - Ws outrebounded the Suns and went to the line 27 more times, so that was a positive. Most telling stat? Suns 34 assists and 15 TOs, Ws 10 assists 25 turnovers. Barnes has disappeared the last 2 games. Ike watch: Now 46 points in past 56 minutes :roll: May be that he has edged ahead of Murphy in the rotation, rightfully so, as Murphy is doing pretty much nothing...Score was deceptive. If Suns starters had stayed in, it would have been closer to 40 points...

One of the first times this season that the team has outrebounded and shot more freethrows then the other team and they get slaughtered anyway! They didn't play well but the Suns are a great team and they seem to be getting better as the season goes on.

As always, the team can learn from the Suns

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:15 am
coltraning wrote:The reality: Suns are several degrees better, one of the 2 best teams in the league. They move the ball beautifully and have extraordinary shooters...BD had a poor game, but it was nice to see Monta play well again. Biedrins was a beast on the boards - Ws outrebounded the Suns and went to the line 27 more times, so that was a positive. Most telling stat? Suns 34 assists and 15 TOs, Ws 10 assists 25 turnovers. Barnes has disappeared the last 2 games. Ike watch: Now 46 points in past 56 minutes :roll: May be that he has edged ahead of Murphy in the rotation, rightfully so, as Murphy is doing pretty much nothing...Score was deceptive. If Suns starters had stayed in, it would have been closer to 40 points...

Good analysis. One thig to add, tho:

WE HAVE NO DEFENSE. D-E-F-E-N-S-E

Someone should have a talk with the players and coaching staff and tell them we are allowed to make stops from time to time. Unless the league has a rule I'm not aware of that forbids any kind of defense from this team.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:21 am
Tough loss last night for the Warriors. I have been out of the country the last few weeks and just got back at the end of last week. I was hoping to see a win over Phoenix in my first game back, but it was not to be.

Monta looked good scoring the ball, but his turnovers and fouls were problematic. However, he was really the only offensive force on the team so I am not going to complain about his turnovers.

I know while I was gone Matt Barnes has been playing out of this world, but watching him last night, it was almost as though he was trying to do too much and trying to force things offensively a bit. I hope he does not think he is "the man" or something. He is a great role player for the Warriors and I hope he can continue to play as he has so far this season.

Biedrins was strong last night too. Specifically rebounding with 17 of them.

Baron looked to be in a bit of pain and aside from a few drives, he was rather passive last night. The fact that Phoenix puts Marion on him causes Baron a lot of problems. The length of Marion is tough for Baron to deal with and he was taken out of the game by the Suns. I just hope his wrist injury is not very serious and will heal before Wednesday's game.

No other opinions at this point. Just trying to get back on the same time zone here in Chicago after the long trip. I checked scores on the Internet, but know little about the past three weeks' games.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:27 am
ChicagoTom wrote:No other opinions at this point. Just trying to get back on the same time zone here in Chicago after the long trip. I checked scores on the Internet, but know little about the past three weeks' games.

Not much to tell, then. Ike's been glued to the bench most of the time, J-Rich has a broken hand that will keep hin out 2-3 months and Baron's been playing 48 minutes in any close game in that span. Maybe that's why he looked passive last night.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:58 am
McCleod has done decently in a few games and he has to be used a bit to rest Baron. Even using Pietrus at SG and Monta at PG a bit would do

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:04 am
ChicagoTom wrote:I know while I was gone Matt Barnes has been playing out of this world, but watching him last night, it was almost as though he was trying to do too much and trying to force things offensively a bit. I hope he does not think he is "the man" or something. He is a great role player for the Warriors and I hope he can continue to play as he has so far this season.

This is becoming a problem, he forces his three point shots all the time now. He's gotten too cocky, and I think Nellie needs to talk to him about it.
Previous

Return to Game Threads