Game Thread: Seattle SuperSonics @ Warriors 2007-01-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back with a victory against Seattle?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:52 pm

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes : 7

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:07 am
Monta gave me a reason to open my eyes wide when he threw it away. Glad to see him back though. We really need his presence since Baron has always been playing 40+ minutes a game since.

So Ike got 4 minutes of playing time since Biedrins had 3 fouls. Interesting. So no 3 DNP's in a row. But he still did not get the time. Btw, it's Nelson were talking about here. It's not like he's an idiot. Either something's up between them or he doesn't notice that Ike since he's far away from him on the bench.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:19 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Monta gave me a reason to open my eyes wide when he threw it away. Glad to see him back though. We really need his presence since Baron has always been playing 40+ minutes a game since.

Yep. With J-Rich out, we need Monta. Badly. Azubusdlajklfasfjbuike is just right to play 15 min from the bench, but there's no one we can rely at SG other than Monta. Without him, everything is in Baron's hands.

btw, I don't know what to say about Ike's role in this game (or the las few, for that matter). It's already clear Nellie has something against him. If he's right or wrong, I don't know, as he doesn't want to talk about it. I just know that Ike's numbers would make him a starter for (almost) any other team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:36 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote: Either something's up between them or he doesn't notice that Ike since he's far away from him on the bench.

Finally, the answer to this. Nelson's bleary eyes can only see so far. Ike is pissed off, so he sits so far away that he is just another backround blur and Nelson, whose memory is not what it was, forgets about him.

Ike, always a star in his youth, never had to learn to trick of sitting close, but not too close, to the coach. Coaches never want to walk down past a whole line of players to get the guy at the end of the bench and they get sensitive about playing those that suck up too much :roll:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:45 am
Ike is a fearless scorer from the post but I never see him pass out of the post much. He sort of holds it for awhile, perhaps one of Nelsons gripe is the lack of ball movement when he is in the game and he catches the ball in the post. I don't get it either, the kid can score, its mind boggling...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:04 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Monta gave me a reason to open my eyes wide when he threw it away. Glad to see him back though. We really need his presence since Baron has always been playing 40+ minutes a game since.

Yep. With J-Rich out, we need Monta. Badly. Azubusdlajklfasfjbuike is just right to play 15 min from the bench, but there's no one we can rely at SG other than Monta. Without him, everything is in Baron's hands.

btw, I don't know what to say about Ike's role in this game (or the las few, for that matter). It's already clear Nellie has something against him. If he's right or wrong, I don't know, as he doesn't want to talk about it. I just know that Ike's numbers would make him a starter for (almost) any other team.

the Ws are as close to full strength as they are going to get except for JRich. There is no doubt they can score and it is great that Monta is back. He is a huge asset to this team. The only person keeping the team from being at full strength is Nelson, in his refusal to play Ike.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:35 pm
carlgo wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote: Either something's up between them or he doesn't notice that Ike since he's far away from him on the bench.

Finally, the answer to this. Nelson's bleary eyes can only see so far. Ike is pissed off, so he sits so far away that he is just another backround blur and Nelson, whose memory is not what it was, forgets about him.

Ike, always a star in his youth, never had to learn to trick of sitting close, but not too close, to the coach. Coaches never want to walk down past a whole line of players to get the guy at the end of the bench and they get sensitive about playing those that suck up too much :roll:

Hey, you know. That's actually true. The only time I've seen Nellie walk that far down his bench was during pregame to get something to drink. Other than that he gets up from his seat and calls the player out to be a sub.

But you never know. Could be one of the dumbest reasons of all. That Ike reminds him of Webber. Well hey, just saying.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Previous

Return to Game Threads