Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:08 pm
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:can you imagine all the Dung or Troy-sucking posts and threads if either of them did that?

Are you kidding?

Nobody here gives Murphy or Dunleavy any respect, even when they do show up like that. Murphy could have an 18 and 16 game and everybody'd be bitching.

"Oh, he got all the CHEAP rebounds!... 16 times." :roll:

Yeah, there are dozens of teams waiting in line to trade for him...

See? TMC just proved my point.

coltraning wrote:I cannot let that one pass, 32. No one gives Dunleavy any respect? Are you and I on the same forum? There have been at least 7 threads singing his praises since I've joined, and let's not forget the legendary Thinking Warriors, OG Pawno and others, who were tireless advocates for Dunleavy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ThinkingWarriors has been gone since before June. OG broe likes EVERY player on the team.

Pawno is the only guy. Name one other person who consistently gives Mike Dunleavy praise. Everyone else hates him.

migya.
You.
Pest.
TMC.
4 of the forums most regular posters, just to name a few. And that list, my friend, goes on and on.

I've praised him. I've also tried to make suggestions on how to utilize his limited skill sets and to put him in situations where he may succeed. I have been critical of Mullin for his front office mistakes and Nelson for his team's inability to focus on defense. I have also been quite effusive in praising Nelson for trying to play Dunleavy at the 4 and for utilizing Dunleavy's quickness vs. other power forwards.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:42 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Image
thank god for modern medicine

:D

Yeah, naturals... F*ck naturals!!!. Surgery is the way to go. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: *

* Millions of plastic surgeons agree with me. That proves I'm right.
I don't have a response, just an excuse to repost the pic - never need an excuse where a beautiful woman is involved
:mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:14 pm
coltraning wrote:I don't have a response, just an excuse to repost the pic - never need an excuse where a beautiful woman is involved

Um... like this?

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:26 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:I don't have a response, just an excuse to repost the pic - never need an excuse where a beautiful woman is involved

Um... like this?

ya know, skirts are such an excellent invention :wink: , so practical for certain occasions :)

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:57 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:can you imagine all the Dung or Troy-sucking posts and threads if either of them did that?

Are you kidding?

Nobody here gives Murphy or Dunleavy any respect, even when they do show up like that. Murphy could have an 18 and 16 game and everybody'd be bitching.

"Oh, he got all the CHEAP rebounds!... 16 times." :roll:

Yeah, there are dozens of teams waiting in line to trade for him...

A true sign of a talented and coveted big man :oops:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:01 pm
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:

Are you kidding?

Nobody here gives Murphy or Dunleavy any respect :roll:

I cannot let that one pass, 32. No one gives Dunleavy any respect? Are you and I on the same forum? There have been at least 7 threads singing his praises since I've joined, and let's not forget the legendary Thinking Warriors, OG Pawno and others, who were tireless advocates for Dunleavy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

#32 is perhaps the biggest dun supporter here! (Pawno doesn't count because he has mental problems :mrgreen: ) He has gone from saying that he has had it with supporting dun and will not anymore (he started a thread almost a year ago now stating this) and then says that dun did this and that good, focussing only on his decent (and rarely that) performances and not his usual, awful performances!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:15 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:yes, but dunleavy has gotten more praise threads than any other player and many of the non-regulars give him love (they are quickly chased off the forum.

And rightsully so! :mrgreen:

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:And WHENEVER DUN HAS A GOOD GAME he gets a praise thread. Remember the time he had a quite good game (15-7-7 or something) and there were FOUR threads started about it? The dung fans are here, they just hide in the woodwork

Just imbicilic supporters jumping at anything and only really looking stupid. Dun has to play a good season before getting serious praise

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 pm
migya wrote:#32 is perhaps the biggest dun supporter here! (Pawno doesn't count because he has mental problems :mrgreen: ) He has gone from saying that he has had it with supporting dun and will not anymore (he started a thread almost a year ago now stating this) and then says that dun did this and that good, focussing only on his decent (and rarely that) performances and not his usual, awful performances!

You, sir, are certifiably insane if you'd label me a "Dun supporter".

I give the man credit when he plays well and acknowledge when he plays badly. I don't cream on him, like Pawno, but I also don't spend countless hours mindlessly bashing him, like a toddler hammering a play toy into the ground.

I'm as impartial about Mike Dunleavy as anybody can be (which is a helluva lot more than some people can say).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:15 am
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:#32 is perhaps the biggest dun supporter here! (Pawno doesn't count because he has mental problems :mrgreen: ) He has gone from saying that he has had it with supporting dun and will not anymore (he started a thread almost a year ago now stating this) and then says that dun did this and that good, focussing only on his decent (and rarely that) performances and not his usual, awful performances!

You, sir, are certifiably insane if you'd label me a "Dun supporter".

I give the man credit when he plays well and acknowledge when he plays badly. I don't cream on him, like Pawno, but I also don't spend countless hours mindlessly bashing him, like a toddler hammering a play toy into the ground.

I'm as impartial about Mike Dunleavy as anybody can be (which is a helluva lot more than some people can say).

I believe that we all of us want Dunleavy to succeed. #32 and I disagree at times; however, I do not see him either as a basher nor a toady when it pertains to Dunleavy. Migya and others (including me) are frustrated with the play of a lottery #3 pick playing like a reserve/role (read: not leader nor all star) player.

BTW, at last night's Sonic game, Nelson had Dunleavy at the 4 and Ike at the 5. Dunleavy got the ball on the wing, brought out the Sonic power forward, pump faked the guy into the air, drove to the hoop and drew the foul. That was a nice isolation play where Dunleavy's quickness (vs. other power forwards), ball handling skills, and ability to get to the line and sink his free trows were all optimized! Dunleavy can play the 4. His defense may be horrible and his rebounding may be below the bar; but, this is the only position where I see him being remotely effective.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:29 am
uptempo wrote:I believe that we all of us want Dunleavy to succeed.

Um... no. We want to see him suck for other team. There's a difference. :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:20 am
Taken from "W" on another thread.

~W~ wrote:Ike is a fearless scorer from the post but I never see him pass out of the post much. He sort of holds it for awhile, perhaps one of Nelsons gripe is the lack of ball movement when he is in the game and he catches the ball in the post. I don't get it either, the kid can score, its mind boggling...

"I've been thinking about the first part of your comment myself. With most teams, the best scenario is to get the ball inside to a scorer for obvious reasons (better % shot, higher chance of getting fouled, etc). When the ball goes into Ike his first thought should be to take it to the rack (which it is). So far (as is shown by his points per minutes played production) he is either scoring or getting to the line. The second scenario if he is well covered is to pass it back out. I don't think however, that teams have learned how to stop Ike inside, so he hasn't had to pass it back out much. Ike's pretty crafty around the basket so I don't think he would have much trouble passing it back out to his teammates if he was getting stopped on a regular basis (which he is not). Like MJ at North Carolina, Dean Smith was the nnly one that ever held Mike under 20 points a game. Nelly is the same way with Ike.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:09 pm
jsw548 wrote:Taken from "W" on another thread.

~W~ wrote:Ike is a fearless scorer from the post but I never see him pass out of the post much. He sort of holds it for awhile, perhaps one of Nelsons gripe is the lack of ball movement when he is in the game and he catches the ball in the post. I don't get it either, the kid can score, its mind boggling...

"I've been thinking about the first part of your comment myself. With most teams, the best scenario is to get the ball inside to a scorer for obvious reasons (better % shot, higher chance of getting fouled, etc). When the ball goes into Ike his first thought should be to take it to the rack (which it is). So far (as is shown by his points per minutes played production) he is either scoring or getting to the line. The second scenario if he is well covered is to pass it back out. I don't think however, that teams have learned how to stop Ike inside, so he hasn't had to pass it back out much. Ike's pretty crafty around the basket so I don't think he would have much trouble passing it back out to his teammates if he was getting stopped on a regular basis (which he is not). Like MJ at North Carolina, Dean Smith was the nnly one that ever held Mike under 20 points a game. Nelly is the same way with Ike.

Great Dean Smith reference. BTW, a factoid or two to supports what TMC said about him being a starter for almost any other team. He is 10th in the league in points per 48 minutes among power forwards, (36th in the entire league out of 412 players)and equivalently high among field goal percentage leaders. Hopefully, his DNPs are some bizarre aberration and we will see Ike out there, contributing. A huge concern for me is also the enormous # of minutes BD is getting. The dude is very injury prone and has played 48 minutes 2 of the last 3 games. I don't know that there is a direct correlation between ike's lack of minutes and this, except that Ike can score and sometimes BD is the main offense for Ws. Ike playing could take some pressure off him, scoring-wise. BD is our one true superstar, and if he goes down, the season is pretty much done.

ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:19 pm
Ike's timing on the block looks a bit off; perhaps it is because he is pressing. The fluidity and the explosiveness that we had seen during parts of last season do not seem to be there on the offensive end of the court. He is, however, blocking shots and staying active on the defensive end of the floor.

Ike just may not be a good fit for Nelson's offensive system.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:23 pm
coltraning wrote:A huge concern for me is also the enormous # of minutes BD is getting. The dude is very injury prone and has played 48 minutes 2 of the last 3 games. I don't know that there is a direct correlation between ike's lack of minutes and this, except that Ike can score and sometimes BD is the main offense for Ws. Ike playing could take some pressure off him, scoring-wise. BD is our one true superstar, and if he goes down, the season is pretty much done.

I don't think there's any correlation between Ike's and Baron's situation. What happens is that Nellie has realized we do not have anybody able to play PG besides Baron (no, McLeod is not an option), so he's playing him all he can.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team trades for a PG or signs someone from the NBDL.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:01 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:A huge concern for me is also the enormous # of minutes BD is getting. The dude is very injury prone and has played 48 minutes 2 of the last 3 games. I don't know that there is a direct correlation between ike's lack of minutes and this, except that Ike can score and sometimes BD is the main offense for Ws. Ike playing could take some pressure off him, scoring-wise. BD is our one true superstar, and if he goes down, the season is pretty much done.

I don't think there's any correlation between Ike's and Baron's situation. What happens is that Nellie has realized we do not have anybody able to play PG besides Baron (no, McLeod is not an option), so he's playing him all he can.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team trades for a PG or signs someone from the NBDL.

Good analysis.

I recall how at the beginning of the season that Nelson was pushing Monta to play more at the point guard position. With the subsequent injury to Richardson, has Nelson scrapped that idea and decided to play Monta only at the 2-guard position?
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball